Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Thanks for your comments everyone, I'll be taking them into account when implementing stuff.

@Lonewulf123 That's probably due to the MAG_FILTER setting on the events' rendering.

I think you can solve this by changing the Texture Filter setting on the plugin from "linear" to "nearest", this way you'll get a pixelated texture instead of a blurry one. I might have not used that setting on event rendering, though, in which case you'll have to find and change the piece of code that controls that.

I already had the nearest setting on, so looks like there will have to be a code change somewhere... I’m not too fluent though, what should change?

Masked 

Assistant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lonewulf123 look for this:
Code:
var material = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial("event" + event.id, scene);
Right before it, paste this:
Code:
if (MBS.FPLE.textureFilter.match(/^nearest$/i))
       texture.updateSamplingMode(BABYLON.Texture.NEAREST_SAMPLINGMODE);
   else
       texture.updateSamplingMode(BABYLON.Texture.BILINEAR_SAMPLINGMODE);

That should do it.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
@Lonewulf123 look for this:
Code:
var material = new BABYLON.StandardMaterial("event" + event.id, scene);
Right before it, paste this:
Code:
if (MBS.FPLE.textureFilter.match(/^nearest$/i))
       texture.updateSamplingMode(BABYLON.Texture.NEAREST_SAMPLINGMODE);
   else
       texture.updateSamplingMode(BABYLON.Texture.BILINEAR_SAMPLINGMODE);

That should do it.

Like this?
upload_2018-9-8_9-51-19.png

After I did that, the srpite still appeared like this:
upload_2018-9-8_9-52-5.png

Nearest is turned on in settings.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
  • Enable use of 3d meshes (?)
  • Normal mapping for textures (?)

Wow these two in particular, if feasible, would allow for some quite fantastic things!
Especially if it's possible to use these 3D meshes as walls. By making simple 3D "tiles" and mapping with them one would be able to achieve an aesthetic VERY similar to, say, Etrian Odyssey. I'd definitely look forward to play around with it!~
I just haven't done anything with FPLE MV yet because I still need a graphics card to unlock the power of >15FPS MV :/

anyhow, that's fantastic work~

edit: there's a jam happening right now. Once it's done, if you're interested, I could try making some sample 3D meshes for you to implement in this engine (and release them to the public ofc)

For dungeons walls wouldn't need meshes (normal mapping would be nice), just doors and perhaps corners? But for other sorts of environments like forests and ESPECIALLY towns, it'd be amazing.

Especially coupled up with low resolution support / a nice crisp low res interface / the possibilities are endleSS AND i aM SCreAMINg.

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you could figure out how to load in mesh "tiles" without killing the performance, it could resolve a lot of the complications with editing maps that currently exist (lack of real 'depth' in the editor, awkwardness of texture mapping). Could put in a system-generated cube as the default mesh, to allow existing behavior to function on the same system, without having to write two separate handling methods for tiles.

tedderu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
a
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!
Is commercial use possible?

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Like this?

After I did that, the srpite still appeared like this:

Nearest is turned on in settings.

So, I've been playing around with this a bit more and by using images as character sets I can (sort of) avoid that weird white thing from the event scaling. I don't see this as a solve though, so I'm going to keep looking into why the scaling of the sprites makes that weird outline... or at least find a size where the sprite don't cause the weird outline:

upload_2018-9-17_19-13-44.png

BoneCollectors

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would that be possible to add a first-person shooter in the mid-bottom of the screen, like in Doom and Duke Nukem? I saw a video of people doing this in Vx Ace.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think what you're referring to is a HUD or heads up display.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Would that be possible to add a first-person shooter in the mid-bottom of the screen, like in Doom and Duke Nukem? I saw a video of people doing this in Vx Ace.
It’s its just the HUD you want, that’s pretty easy. There a tons of scripts that will do that.

If you want to make an actual FPS, you could do it....but it will take an extreme amount of eventing and plugins. Probably to the point where I would suggest another engine.

piksalh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anyone tried to integrate live2d models as characters?

scarasyte

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any way to reduce map load time? I tried using smaller textures but it didn't help. Having the map reload at the end of each battle is a little much. Trying to make a Phantasy Star 1 style dungeon game.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
Any way to reduce map load time? I tried using smaller textures but it didn't help. Having the map reload at the end of each battle is a little much. Trying to make a Phantasy Star 1 style dungeon game.

Is yours present at the end of menu loads as well? I think that a couple of months back someone was able to reduce the lag, but I don’t know if anyone looked into it any further.

scarasyte

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is yours present at the end of menu loads as well? I think that a couple of months back someone was able to reduce the lag, but I don’t know if anyone looked into it any further.
Yeah anything that takes you out of the map and back in makes you have to wait a few seconds on a black screen while it loads.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@scarasyte RPGMaker seems to always reload the map when you come out of battle or menus, it's just normally very quick. A handful of pages back I did find a fix with the textures to drastically cut the load time on most maps (and improve the performance when looking around), but there's still going to be a slight delay I couldn't figure out how to resolve.

scarasyte

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Doktor_Q Thanks. I Found it on page 18. And wow that is a huge difference. My load time went from around 30 seconds to around 2. On a 24x24 map using 512x512 textures (smallest I can do without blur). :)

Celdia

White Mage Extraordinaire
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to chime in on here and say I love this plugin. Been wanting to do a project like this for a long time now and this is making it super simple.

Could wish for faster load times, but that updated version from a few pages back is still a godsend compared to the base version. So thanks for that :D

I'm also having that blurry scaling/white outline problem Lonewulf123 was talking about. I'll keep an eye on this thread for more possible solutions. Thanks again for the great plugin. <3

Hauteville

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to chime in on here and say I love this plugin. Been wanting to do a project like this for a long time now and this is making it super simple.

Could wish for faster load times, but that updated version from a few pages back is still a godsend compared to the base version. So thanks for that :D

I'm also having that blurry scaling/white outline problem Lonewulf123 was talking about. I'll keep an eye on this thread for more possible solutions. Thanks again for the great plugin. <3

I found enlarging the image (both for textures and for sprites) helps a lot with blur/grey outlines on rtp sprites. Don't know if that will help with you but it helped with me, and didn't really affect performance much on reasonably sized maps. (I need to learn to make a smaller maze...)

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found enlarging the image (both for textures and for sprites) helps a lot with blur/grey outlines on rtp sprites. Don't know if that will help with you but it helped with me, and didn't really affect performance much on reasonably sized maps. (I need to learn to make a smaller maze...)

A trick I've found is just to break your maze into smaller sub-maps with conveniently placed doors as warps- just like the good old days before chunk loading got popular.

Arkane

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Hi guys im trying to come back to rpg maker and i found this amazing plugin, i have a question, its possible to put custom point lights or spotlights as events in specific parts of the map? so you can iluminate some parts of the dungeon.?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_more_redesigns.jpg

So I redesigned the player HUD and the Time Rewind message. Now they're all very animated and the clock actually spins backwards with cool particle effects before vanishing. Going to update the puzzle menu and mini map to look sweet next. Then I'll show it all animated. :LZSexcite:
Oh no my hospital test results are not good......just not good, but at least explains why my health tank more than usual lately. Stupid body. I want a refund on this body. = .=
Ami
Finally,MogHunter's Site is Open Again!

https://moonglesoft.wordpress.com/
You know, having a project this big is kinda nice. I can procrastinate working on one part, while still progressing with another part :guffaw:
Wizard : "I've mastered all kinds of elemental magics. Fire, earth, water, and many more..."

Ninja : "What a beginner. Those are all predictable elements. I've mastered the most unpredictable elements of all time."

Wizard : "Interesting. What elements you've mastered? Thunder? Wind?"

Ninja : "Elements of surprise."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kluyyuy