MBS - FPLE MV

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by  Masked , Feb 23, 2016.

1. AestheticGamer

AestheticGamer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Honestly, your card may not support OpenGL (I think it was) with it? I recall the 3D only works in a certain display mode of RPG Maker, and not all graphics cards support it.

mobiusclimber likes this.
  2. Slim_Raisin

Slim_Raisin Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I'm pretty inexperienced with rpg maker, so this is probably a stupid problem with a simple solution,

I set up everything for FPLE, works just fine, but I have no ceiling. I made a texture for it and it's on my tileset but I don't quite understand the instructions. It says "you may want your map to have a ceiling, if so, you just have to set the tiles you want with the ceil region you choose on the plugin settings."

At first I thought this (like the walls) was referring to the terrain tag but that didn't work. I understand there's an adjustable value for ceiling region in the plugin settings, but I don't understand what it does or how to "set the tiles I want" with that value.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Doktor_Q

Doktor_Q I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Region is the "R" tileset, after the A, B, C, D, etc tabs on the right.

4. BishoujoHelper

BishoujoHelper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    1. The more "cubes" your map contains, the worse the lag and delay to redraw after exiting the RMMV menu system or combat. That's even with the caching code fixed (turns out the @norza code is in my version of the plugin already, except the very last line is different but I left it as what it came with). Ceilings on your open spaces count as cubes (I made an outdoor map with a small cave section, and you can see the ceiling cubes from a distance). The limit may be about 900 cubes, but I got a 39x39 map with ceilings and a lot of open space to work. If you get an error message or crash on large or tall maps, that's usually why.
    2. That horse is an event sprite from img/characters/Vehicle.png so standard 48x48 pixel but it's got the usual 3 frames of movement in each of 4 directions. For minimally animated stuff, i.e. the RPG Maker walk cycle, that's what you can get without plugins at the moment. For fixed things you can use larger images as textures.
    3. Yes, but they are going to be all the same wall texture repeated up in height, and each counts as another cube for lag/delay and possible crashes.
    I've converted 3 dungeon maps of my own project, but your best bet for an actually working title using the FPLE plugin is Bacon Quest by @erikmidnatt (WARNING ADULT CONTENT) and that was using an older version of the plugin with possibly some custom modifications.

It shouldn't be necessary to pay anyone to get help with this stuff, although we may not respond as quickly as you'd like.

---
    @Slim_Raisin If you haven't done anything with Regions on the map, all your tiles will be Region 0 already. Then all you have to do is enter 0 in the Ceiling Region parameter of the plugin. If you're messing with regions for various events and plugins, then any places that you want ceiling have to have their region ID numbers also entered in that parameter, separated by spaces, e.g. 0 86.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    JosephSeraph and Reckoner like this.
  5. NinJaRed

NinJaRed Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey everybody sorry to backtrack but I couldn't quite figure out how increase the width of an event's image (beyond the 48x48 or 96x96 for big sprites) I'm trying to make these big fat rock creatures that lumber around the map and I want 'em tall and wide!!! I'm such a noober I need someone to walk me through it!!!

6. Pluto Pluto

Pluto Pluto Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe Masked said that that wouldn't be possible, but that might have been fixed in recent versions. Also, anyone know a way to get scrolling parallaxes working with this?

7. BishoujoHelper

BishoujoHelper Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Pluto Pluto You can set a parallax background for an FPLE map, and it will appear as the "infinity" wall when there aren't regular "wall" cubes in front of your view. When I tested on an outdoor-type map with the RTP BlueSky.png background, it wouldn't actually scroll when you moved, and it would be the same image in the other directions if you turned. In effect, FPLE draws the parallax background first then redraws the cubes on top of that as you move. If you make the map edge a floor tile, the parallax background is still there when you walk onto it, if map looping is turned off, i.e. you don't see the other side of the map or nothing when you bump your nose into the edge of the world. When I tried a Looping Horizontally with Scrolling Speed of both 3 and 32 (maximum), all I saw was a little "bump" each time I strafed across.
    Hope that helps, I don't know what you were wanting to do.

When I was running that experiment, I found that doing map Scroll Type to allow looping movement when you have a parallax background would have an interesting effect. Walking across the map edge will have a noticeable "pop" to the graphics as you walk into nothing but the parallax image (or just black if you don't have one set) and the new view appears once you're on the other side, i.e. you don't get to see across map edges even if looping is turned on, although movement works.
    Also, each floor and wall cube has one associated cube "underneath" it, apparently, if you set up your view so you can see the "cliff edges" from the side. And as I mentioned earlier, anything with the ceiling region(s) set has a cube above it too.
    I'm OK with most of these quirks, although for an outdoor map that's supposed to loop I guess I'll have to provide a message on entering that it's not dangerous to walk over the edge.

Pluto Pluto likes this.
  8. ChatS

ChatS Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, what's the term of use with this plug-in? It doesn't really say if we can use it commercially or not, especially with many people working on its support and updates.

I'm making a few commercial games and I'm interested in this plug-in but I'm hesitant on using it because of the unclear therms. (Also the link to the required js file if we built from scratch without the demo is no longer available. I guess we could pick it up in the demo thought Imagine)

Thanks.

9. Clyve

Clyve Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This project is pretty <insert the word used to describe what beavers build with an n on the end of it which, apparently, is so horrible it needs to be censored to something idiotic that I would never say> cool, especially considering the official version has pretty much poofed. Hope to see the updates!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  10. piksalh

piksalh Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Lithuanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It was a bad day, sorry for the hatred.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  11. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, this worked fine until I started adding Yanfly plugins- YEP_CoreEngine does not like Babylon.

Since this isn't receiving any more updates, guess I got to dump my 29th Release Something event game and start from scratch....

12. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It does work with core engine, aside from one particular issue when starting battles, which can be resolved by setting the "show events in battle back" and "show events during transition" to specific values- it should be mentioned earlier in the thread.

13. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That is the exact error I have come across.

EDIT: That worked! Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  14. Meatman

Meatman Villager Member

First Language:
    Japan
    How are you?
    I also want to make an external 3D dungeon, but the weather features will be hidden.
    Is it possible to express rain and snow on a 3D dungeon?

15. Barreytor

Barreytor Villager Member

Hi there, I did something of a hackjob on the version posted on https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/mbs-fple-mv.57363/page-23#post-928076 because I wanted to see if I could make it be able to load the textures from an encrypted deployment, and I was successful... to a point.
    Thing is, I manage to make it work by grabbing the textures with the ImageManager's loading functions and then turning that into a base64 thing and then throwing that at the texture creation line, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it wait until the texture image is actually, you know, loaded before trying to make the texture, so it does function if the textures have been preloaded somehow, like with Galv's Image Cache or something.
    Also to note that said hackjob makes pointless the choice of a texture file format.

As a side thing, I made it so the player's camera can be not-centered in the tile, and that the display area of the 3D view can be less than the window size.

Here's hoping someone can actually figure out how to patch up that tidbit for proper encrypted texture loading!

16. Aulette

Aulette RPG MAKER NOVICE Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What Plugins have you used for????

17. farid17

farid17 Warper Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    help me please,event image cant see if i use this plugin

18. DiTo97

DiTo97 Warper Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  19. Doktor_Q

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It means it can't find the file for the ceiling texture. Make sure you have it named correctly, and remember that the plugin expects to find a different ceiling to match every kind of floor.

20. tseyik

tseyik Villager Member

First Language:
    English