hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really want to use this plugin, but when I get the black screen issue when attempting to testplay, and whenever I try to play in browser, I get this error:
error.PNG

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really want to use this plugin, but when I get the black screen issue when attempting to testplay, and whenever I try to play in browser, I get this error:
View attachment 132346
If you are opening it while stored on your own computer and using chrome, that is normal. You need to make some workarounds to be able to open mv games in it.
Chrome blocks you from opening files in your own computer like that, to make it harder for people to steal your data. That is a consequence though.

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you are opening it while stored on your own computer and using chrome, that is normal. You need to make some workarounds to be able to open mv games in it.
Chrome blocks you from opening files in your own computer like that, to make it harder for people to steal your data. That is a consequence though.
Yeah, I did eventually figure that out. The black screen also went away after waiting a few seconds.
At any rate, I've decided to use MV3D instead, as it seems much more intuitive and flexible, as well as has active support.

Joker009

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,everyone!
If I want to make the camera turns immediately(skip rotation),how should I do?

molegato

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Is anybody still having trouble with the bilinear filter on events?
I managed to fix it after tinkering a bit and browsing the Babylon documentation. Should I add my findings?

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV3D is a better option at this point, and has active support from the developer.

99thShindaki

Newbieeee
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A little late but this is the plugin I was looking for this week. Works like a charm, thank you.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@99thShindaki hey, as later people here mentioned, this plugin is kinda abandoned by the creator for a while. Users made some fixes but that's it.

there is another that does what this one does and a bit more, mv3d. It allows you to make 3d-ish maps in both first and third person view, platforms and so on.
I actually found it while looking for this one long ago when it was more limited. The first post last I looked was a bit outdated saying it was on version 0.4.2 I think but it is already on 0.6.1 and always getting new things.

fengzi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's the matter?Appears after switching the map several times.

Attachments

hsumi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's better to just use MV3D at this point, since it seems like this mod's author has abandoned it.

fengzi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rec 0003_20200723205343.jpg
This is the process. I ran back and forth on two maps more than 20 times. Computer memory grew so much that the game crashed.

If I compress all the pictures in the characters and textures folder of img, it will delay the occurrence of this situation, but it will eventually appear.

I hope some big guy can solve this problem.

Attachments

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fengzi as was mentioned, the creator of this plugin kinda left it to dust.
Some other people made fixes here and there in this thread, but... nowadays they just left it behind, because...
Someone else made a better alternative.

There is a plugin called MV3D that can give the same first person dungeons if you want, or 3d-like maps like on Breath of Fire 3 and 4. and unlike this one MV3D is constantly updating with new features.

fengzi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
中文
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fengzi as was mentioned, the creator of this plugin kinda left it to dust.
Some other people made fixes here and there in this thread, but... nowadays they just left it behind, because...
Someone else made a better alternative.

There is a plugin called MV3D that can give the same first person dungeons if you want, or 3d-like maps like on Breath of Fire 3 and 4. and unlike this one MV3D is constantly updating with new features.
I've heard of the mv3d plug-in, but it doesn't seem to be able to modify the texture。
So I gave up mv3d。
I prefer the author masked's plug-in,I can change some textures to make the game realistic rather than cartoon。
bt.jpg

Also, I used this plug-in in my project, so I can't give it up。

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[EDIT] @fengzi
ok, so I asked the creator of mv3d and using textures like that is... really simple, apparently, and I just overcomplicated things when asking about them the first time.

Cutievirus (Dread/Nyanak):
texture(image.png)
works for all texture functions like top, side, ceil etc

Me:
...wait, really? just that?

Cutievirus:
Yeah it takes the image from the mv3d folder by default
You can start it with / to start from the project folder, like I did in the weapon shop map (she means in the demo project on the github)
It uses the full image if you just have the one parameter, but you can also pick a tile from the image
@fengzi ok so, the one thing fple still has an advantege over mv3d is exctly what you want :p

As far as I know, the only way you can currently use a texture of a different size than the basic 48x48 is with Shaz's Change Tile Size plugin, since the creator allows you to put bigger sizes there but they actually are expanded to use more tiles on the map for things like three tiles tall lamposts of 2x2 tiles trees.
And yes, I know Shaz's plugin does not let you use tilesets that much bigger than the 48 sized ones, but that is because the size it can read is limited by settings on the pixi files, not on the plugin itself. Mv3d allows you to use external files as the textures, so if you don't set the tiles to actually use tileset images you should be fine. Need to test myself (I was planing to do something similar myself too).

But I did mention something like this to the creator a few times, plus your post here with images to explain to her better, she is always updating it so hopefully should be only a matter of time.

Changing between plugins is kinda hard work, but as mentioned - and you yourself confirmed, with screenshots to show it - fple has many flaws that were not addressed by the creator for years, and the users already mostly jumped ship. So unfortunately you are extremely likely to need to find someone to make these fixes for yourself if you really want to stick with this one.
Don't think of it as you giving up, but using the better tool for the job instead of insisting on using the less fitting tool when both are on hand.

Last edited:

piksalh

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Lithuanian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV3D is too complicated, imho. FPLE is (well, was) much more easier to use.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@piksalh well, it is a matter of personal taste I guess. While fple needs less to set and use, it is also MUCH more limited.
At least last version of it I tried, if there is one with more things then it was made by someone else later in the thread

Reji

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why does my wall have this checkerboard style tileset? Also, how can I increase screen resolution to 1920 x 1080?checkers.png

Last edited:

JUICY_PINEFIELDS

はい!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: I am a braindamaged fellow, if you're having the same issue as me use this (script call): $gameMap.event(X).setPriorityType(0)
It works well enough for this kind of thing, everytime you touch the event you can walk through it and also take damage.
Somehow I always solve these things right after I post, huh...

Currently using this plugin and I have a question, does this script mess with Event Priorities in anyway?
I have an NPC/event that is set up so when you touch it, you lose HP. But I also want to have this NPC be able to be "walk-through", as in have the player walk right through it if the event touches the player, while ALSO having the event trigger as intended, so the player doesn't get stuck if the NPC corners the player and they die.
This setup works if the NPCs priority is set to "Below Characters" and the trigger is Event Touch on a normal map, but when using it in combination with FPLE MV it seems to be ignored. Is there another way I can use priorities? Or do I have to get creative with JS?
Sorry if this was already asked in this thread.
>inb4 use MV3D
This game is already nearing the end of development I don't think I should switch scripts

EDIT:
why does my wall have this checkerboard style tileset? Also, how can I increase screen resolution to 1920 x 1080?View attachment 156595
Did you name the textures correctly? From the Help document:
Textures can be set creating a file named "{tileset}_{row}-{col}", replacing '{tileset}' by the FPLE tileset number on the database and '{row}' and '{col}' with, respectively, the row and column the tile you are texturing is on the tileset's A5 layer, and placing it at your game's img/textures folder.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'll try all of my gestures.

This Is Vasily. I like him very much
If any composer here would like me to use their music as background on my plugin videos, just let me know.
Wee icons I've been making. I've totaled probably around 30 of them now! I'm trying to see if I can make a little spin on the status buff and nerf status effect icons. Want to add a bit of flair while making sure they are effective at communicating what's needed.
I think I like to draw, but with pixels it seems difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rasdf