MBS - FPLE MV

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds like you want to replicate the sort of first person RPG setup like Shining The Holey Ark has.

Videos of Shining the Holy Ark

You could set up all sorts of environments in first person with the right work around.

Kanzlerino

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm so damn happy that people actually work on this script.
I wish i could donate to you guys or buy you a pizza or something lol.

@Doktor_Q

All these features sounds neat. Especially Bump maps.
I tried building stuff with the Original FPLE script for the XP and the one for VX Ace and i hit all the limitations of those scripts quite fast.
But it looks like i can (almost) do all the stuff i dreamed about with your edit of this script

Doktor_Q

I'm not a real doktor, but I am a real Q
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Babylon library is pretty powerful, most of the problems come with trying to yoke it to RPGMaker- both of them rather expect to be the whole engine.

Been a bit since I had a chance to work on it, maybe I'll fix a few bugs and put it a clean version with some of the simpler to make features in the meantime.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That does actually look interesting, though admittedly a bit of a different genre. As someone who's capable of pixel art but not 3D modeling, though, I'd probably feel stifled by the pre-made graphics.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That does actually look interesting, though admittedly a bit of a different genre. As someone who's capable of pixel art but not 3D modeling, though, I'd probably feel stifled by the pre-made graphics.
That's why i mentioned the shining the holy ark game.

This seems doable in MV, but it would mean some sort of outside software... maybe the use of regions?

But you mention like.. counters and such... walls at different heights... that would be amazing.

But one thing i did notice about your plugin that i don't think you ever fixed was that it ignores the resolution you set up for the game, if you go full screen it stretches out to the resolution of the monitor.. or it was doing that.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've never played with changing the resolution, so I'd never noticed that. I'll add it to the list of things to look into, I guess.

Meatman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japan
Primarily Uses
Nice to meet you.

I was deeply moved by everyone's wonderful plug-in.
I have a question.
I would like to make the ceiling and the floor a different graphic.
Is the function implemented?

Last edited by a moderator:

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, not presently. It's on my TODO list for the plugin, though.

Meatman

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Japan
Primarily Uses

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I'm looking forward to that day.

Thank you for your time.

pEcOsGhOsT

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's the beauty of it, you don't have to use 3D models. It's setup so you can use 2D sprites if you want.

sakata

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
I used sunlight.
Then a black wall appeared.
I felt the black walls very unnatural.

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used sunlight.
Then a black wall appeared.
I felt the black walls very unnatural.
Currently the edge of the rendering distance is a black wall. My work with Skyboxes is an attempt to fix it, but they're not as simple as I hoped, so it takes time.

The ceilings also look black of you turn off the player light and use only sunlight, which is where I want to add ambient light settings.

Been busy with work for a while, so I haven't gotten to code much at home.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just wanted to say, I'm still around, been busy IRL but plan to get back to this soon! My self-imposed hobby deadline is coming up ^_^

thanks Doktor_Q for the breathe of fresh air.

L.W. Flouisa

NumeroHex
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So have there been any actual updates on this? How does it translate to Science Fiction tiles?

How does it treat Sprites? Will I have to use two sprites to vaguely simulate certain objects to get the 3D effect? (I'm thinking an execution device like a guillotine.)

Like anyone remember the Guillotine in XP, along with Stake burning and hanging.

erikmidnatt

Mercenary Wizard possessed by an Evil Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried the SGB, thanks for the suggestion. It is far too limited compared to MV. Glad someone finally did a 3D JRPG tool though.

Even with the current MV/FPLE limitations, it has a lot of advantages over SGB:
  1. Texture sizes isn't limited to 48x48. Which is a big deal for the screen space we make games for these days.
  2. 2D/Event art assets aren't limited to 48 pixels in size.
  3. MV has a ton more features and plugins you can leverage.
  4. Can make game run at 720p or even 1080p if you want. (SGB is stuck at 960x544)
SGB has 3D characters, battle system and if you want third person exploration it has that. But that's it.
L.W. No official changes to plugin but Doktor_Q is working on some stuff. They posted some updates a while back on the last page.

You can do scifi if you want. You need to make your own textures just like any other theme. I originally had a sci-fi dungeon going since it actually looks very convincing, but dropped it for my current project.

Sprites are pretty limited. Its best to experiment yourself to get a full understanding of the quirks. Sprites need to be used pretty carefully.

L.W. Flouisa

NumeroHex
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah so I wanted to use a mix of parallax mapping and this plug in with the tiles, I'll need to experiment?

Mainly I'm wanting to avoid visual conflicts. When I was using Ace my sprites used as overlays would always be off center, before I found out that X and Y axis means something different in computers.

(I always learned X axis as center, and Y as horizontal.)

I used to use Terragen to kind of simulate a pre rendered effect. I may have to make a choice between the two.

Kanzlerino

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Man im happy that this forum is still active. i was in a huge crisis when everyone was offline.
Everyone, keep up the good work. <3

FlickerBee

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty much dating this plugin right now! loving it, one question though I've been experiencing a strange lag when I close out of the menu after bringing it up, is that an issue on my part? I also get a regular black background when I bring up the menu.

Thank you for any help!

Doktor_Q

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty much dating this plugin right now! loving it, one question though I've been experiencing a strange lag when I close out of the menu after bringing it up, is that an issue on my part? I also get a regular black background when I bring up the menu.

Thank you for any help!
Those are caused by the same issue, which really can't be fixed with how this is built (the lag can be mitigated at best).

The last is caused because the plugin has to clean up the 3D map every time you go to a different scene, as a... quirky side effect of using an external library to render without really integrating with it. It has to rebuild the map once you go back to the map scene.

The background turns black for the same reason: you can't use RPGMaker's normal screen-snapping with it, so it can't take pictures for the pause menu it battle backgrounds (it would crash if you tried to force it).

So, if map construction can be more efficient, the lag might be less notable. The black background, though, you're best off using something to replace it with a picture background that looks nice instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miss_Kata