Renboo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make a visual novel type game, and so I purchased the Visual Novel Bust plugin by Irina. I have no trouble at all displaying the bust, or adjusting the co-ordinates. But I didn't like how small all the sprites and such looked on the map screen, so I decided to run the MBS Map Zoom plugin. I changed the default zoom parameter to 2.0 in the plugin manager, which is fine for the message window and sprites, but also adjusts the bust displayed by the visual novel plugin. Specifically, it doubles the scale of the bust and it gets cut-off in the bottom left. I believe this is because the visual novel plugin uses Graphics.boxHeight and Graphics.boxWidth by default for the X and Y values. Here is an image of the game without the Zoom plugin, and here is an image with the plugin on. I did try running an autorun event with the MapZoom set 2.0 plugin command instead, but this only made the screen zoom in slowly.

I only want the zoom function to apply to the map and character sprites, not the bust images. So my question is, is there a way to adjust the plugins to achieve this effect? The only way I can think of is to readjust the busts to 50% scale and manually input the co-ordinates using the plugin manager on the Visual Novel Bust plugin, but I was hoping that someone might know a better way. Thank you for your assistance.

Last edited:

dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i dont think its a "bug" or incompatiblety.. i think thats because of how zoom works...

you could try to zoom in before or after the message is used and look if that helps..

you could also try the zoom plugin from galvr to look if that makes a difference.

Or you could take out all zoom plugins and event zooming yourself with these info: (default Zoom from the rpg system)
Code:
$gameScreen.startZoom($gamePlayer.screenX(), $gamePlayer.screenY(), 2.0, 30);
// this Zoom-in ,on Cursor to a Scale of "2.0" with a duration of 30 Frames => "Zoom"

$gameScreen.startZoom($gamePlayer.screenX(), $gamePlayer.screenY(), 1.0, 30);
// this Zoom-in ,on Cursor to a Scale of "1.0" with a duration of 30 Frames => "Zoom back"

var xPos = $gamePlayer.screenX();
var yPos = $gamePlayer.screenY();
$gameScreen.setZoom(xPos,yPos,2);
// This prevents the Zoom-Reset, which happens by default on battleActions.
// Loop this ScriptCall to keep the Zoom-Active on Cursor,with a Scale of 2.0  => "Zoom-Active"

$gameScreen.clearZoom();
// this resets the Zoom to default (its INSTANT ,without any duration) => "Zoom-Reset"
Code:
$gameScreen.startZoom(x, y, scale, duration);
$gameScreen.setZoom(x, y, scale);
$gameScreen.clearZoom();
// these are the default ScriptCalls
info Video from SRD about Zoom

Im not sure if there is a plugin that modify how zoom works when images or messages are active.. or if thats possible..
I just know that zoom conflicted a similar way for me when i made moving animations(also with a galvr plugin)..
I had to seperate the zoom from this function.. that way the zoom only happens when the moving animation is done..

Renboo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your reply, I tried all the methods that you suggested but alas the issue with the bust also being zoomed in persisted. In the end I fiddled with the Visual Novel Plugin parameters and used trial and error to get the bust at the right X and Y location, annoying but at least it works. Thank you for your help!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peady