MBS - Map Zoom

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Nice script, but it seems to glitch when used with weather.

When zooming out, the weather graphic will becomes smaller.

EG: Setting zoom to 0.5 makes the weather graphic cover only 1/2th of the screen.
Yeah, I'm also awaiting a bug fix for that :)

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
An update to my comment: The weird verctical and horizontal lines keep appearing in other maps while using the zoom plugin (not only for 2.0 zoom but for 1.5 too). See the following screenshot

View attachment 28030
I had that problem, i tried that script again today and the problem is solve. I believe the RMMV update have something to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Another problem I've experiencied while having the plugin ON, is that the littles zoom ins and out that appeared by default everytime you entered a battle doesn't show anymore (once you are going to enter the battle, the screen blinks but there's not any zoom like before).
I'm trying to deal with this problem. It's been a while this plugin is out and no fix yet. I believe it's time to find alternative solution.

Does anybody know a plugin that allow custom battle encounter effect? Something like rmvxace where you can use a picture to create an effect. Anything that does not imply zooming.

ACECORP

Founder & Entrepreneur
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The script is great, except when I zoom out in a town to 0.75 or 0.50 everything flickers really badly. Is there anything that can be done to stop the buildings and grass from flickering when running in zoomed out mode?

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tank you a lot.

Map zoom on picture id , possible ???

example

MapZoompictureid 1 center duration 15

for zoom base on the x, y position of the picture

because i make a special battle screen based on picture and when a picture move, i can not zoom and follow this picture

Can you help me ?

:D

Anisoft

Great Desu King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! I noticed a strange bug when moving while trying to zoom via set-zoom... if you move while the screen is currently zooming, it stutters. 

This is because your telling to only change via the x/y whole grid location, and not the "realX" and "realY"

Replacing lines 261 - 263 with

Game_Map.prototype.onZoomChange = function() {
$gamePlayer.center((this._zoomCenter || $gamePlayer)._realX, (this._zoomCenter || $gamePlayer)._realY);
};

Should fix this problem. Ill be writing a post now to Galvs Smooth Cam plugin, as I had found some incompatibilities between MapZoom and Galv that I have fixed

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Could you make this compatible with

Galv's Message Styles????
Really need to use your plugin, but when zoomed in the message/text bubbles don't appear in the correct position because of the zoom.

gnashoe

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello, I'm new to the forums, and to RMMV, so I apologize if I ask noob questions or things like that. This plugin is exactly what I've been looking for, however, after starting to work with it and playtesting my game, all of the tilesets are black in the game. Has anyone else encountered this issue and figured out a fix? I'm using version 1.2.1 of the plugin because it's the only one I could find a download link for. I'd appreciate any sort of help. Thank you.

Volto

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay so ive been trying to figure out this plugin for awhile now. I'm quite new to MV btw. so I'm trying to make it zoom in on my character so he can walk around the map without the player knowing where everything is. so  I put in      MapZoom center reset     but nothing happens :\  but    MapZoom set 2    makes it just zoom up on the corner of the screen while not tracking the player. Also is it possible to make the camera slowly pan up for a cutscene??? Thanks!

Royaken

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there! I am fresh off the boat with RPG Maker MV and I may be learning, but I still don't understand a few things and this plugin is something I was specifically look for. But I must be a serious newb because I can't get it to work. I have it in the plugins and it is turned on, and I set my default zoom to 1.2 because that is what I want. But when I load up the game, it doesn't zoom in at all. And if I do get it to work, will my sprites and map aspect ratio remain the same or will it become distorted? Thanx in advance for the help!

Jonforum

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there! I am fresh off the boat with RPG Maker MV and I may be learning, but I still don't understand a few things and this plugin is something I was specifically look for. But I must be a serious newb because I can't get it to work. I have it in the plugins and it is turned on, and I set my default zoom to 1.2 because that is what I want. But when I load up the game, it doesn't zoom in at all. And if I do get it to work, will my sprites and map aspect ratio remain the same or will it become distorted? Thanx in advance for the help!

MapZoom set (zoom) duration (speed)

ex:

MapZoom set 2.0 duration 120

Royaken

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
MapZoom set (zoom) duration (speed)

ex:

MapZoom set 2.0 duration 120

Yes I have tried that, but as stated in other posts, I should only have to set the default zoom to be different and that doesn't work either. none of the commands are working for me. Thanx for the reply though :)

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Masked, I have question on this plugin.

I used the command MapZoom center event and when my specific event is routing there's an error pop up "Undefined is not a function" is it applicable to put that command when the event is routing? if yes there's something wrong on my project or on my command. thanks :)

Masked 

One apple a day keeps the doctor away
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Royaken That's strange, do you have any other plugins installed on your project? Maybe it's some kind of incompatibility.

You could try changing the plugins' order on the plugin list and see if it works, load order is often the reason why some scripts are incompatible.

If anything is printed on the console (press F8 while in-game), please post it here.

@Linard Make sure you are passing a valid event ID to the command, it shouldn't make any difference whether the event is routing or not...

If you could post the exact command line you're using it would be easier to guess what's going wrong.

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again Masked.

Here's the exact command line: 

Here's the command for the specific event:

Here's the screenshot of the error: 

I tried also to remove all of the plugin except to your plugin and run a test and i got this error when the event is routing

Screenshot: 

Spoiler

Thank you for your response :)

DaklozeDuif

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Howdy.

The weather-bug still shows up if I set my default zoom on anything below 1.0.

I'm using Map Zoom 1.3.4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I try to check out 2-3 projects from the Games In Development forum every fortnight. I usually don't spend more then 30 minutes to an hour on each project, but I do try to leave a comment to share my thoughts on each one I check out. I usually just pick whatever catches my eye, but if you're reading this and would like a little feedback on your project in development let me know and I'll see if I can check it out :)
I drew Resident Evil 2 style lock for my horror game. (Pixels intended)
I wake up to see I now have 73 subscribers on YouTube, that means I've gained 67 subs in the last two days. :LZSexcite:
With all this practice, I'll be hitting competitive in social distancing soon.
Ugh! I have a headache coming on--not sure if it's from the sudden change in weather or caffeine withdraw...only one way to fi d out--Coffee time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unowa23