MBS - Map Zoom

nandaron

currently doing voice work
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Masked, love the ease of use with this plugin but I am having an issue.

I am using it to have my game be constantly zoomed in by x2. However, when I enter a battle it is set at x1. Is there a way to set up the zoom to also be x2 in all battles?

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Dude, I realized that with this plugin the zoom transition for battles is eliminated. Is there a way to make it back? I really like this plugin but I like the other transition too :(

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for fixing the touch screen movement bug :)

I have one more request. The timer does not seem to display while the map is zoomed. Is there a way to patch this in? Thanks!

Crasher TN

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to make the duration permanent, or at least until we change the zoom target or location? Every time when it finishes zoomig an event it goes back to the player.

EDIT: Solved, i put a "Wait: 1 frame" between the zoom command and the target.

Last edited:

Sc0wly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great plugin. Thanks for this!

Cloud_FFVII

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone! I love this plugin, I've been using it for some time, but...

I have the same problem with the "galvs message styles", the text messages are not centered when I activate the plugin... and the "QABS System", the cursor when using an ability is not in the right position.

Is Masked still supporting this plugin? Thanks in advance!

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know if this is intentional or not but when I zoom out (by setting the zoom to be less than 1 like 0.5 for example) it causes the sprites for events to mess up like they are rendered in a much lower quality / resolution than they actually are.

The reason for the zoom out is because I have been messing with other plugins that scale the sprites of either events or the player and/or their followers making them gigantic.

So if this can be fixed I'd be VERY happy!

Momsenek

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Masked, love the ease of use with this plugin but I am having an issue.

I am using it to have my game be constantly zoomed in by x2. However, when I enter a battle it is set at x1. Is there a way to set up the zoom to also be x2 in all battles?
This was exactly my problem. I love using the MBS plugin but for battle it's x1.

How I solved it:

- I am using the YANFLY Battle Engine with Action Sequence Pack 3 Plugin
- I've created a Skill just for Zooming: with this note: <setup action>reset zoom</setup action>
- I've forced an actor in the battle event pages to use this skill
- Then I've edited the JS-File of Action Sequence Pack 3 at the coding line of "BattleManager.actionResetZoom".
-- I replaced the zooming variable with a zoom factor of my game (which is 1.4) -> $gameScreen.startBattleZoom(1.4, duration);

Now everytime the battle starts, the skill calls the RESET ZOOM of Action Sequence Pack 3 and this results in zoom factor 1.4
Result:

Best Regards

Attachments

nandaron

currently doing voice work
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was exactly my problem. I love using the MBS plugin but for battle it's x1.

How I solved it:

- I am using the YANFLY Battle Engine with Action Sequence Pack 3 Plugin
- I've created a Skill just for Zooming: with this note: <setup action>reset zoom</setup action>
- I've forced an actor in the battle event pages to use this skill
- Then I've edited the JS-File of Action Sequence Pack 3 at the coding line of "BattleManager.actionResetZoom".
-- I replaced the zooming variable with a zoom factor of my game (which is 1.4) -> $gameScreen.startBattleZoom(1.4, duration);

Now everytime the battle starts, the skill calls the RESET ZOOM of Action Sequence Pack 3 and this results in zoom factor 1.4
Result:

Best Regards
Thank you for the fix! Love your characters in the shot :)

Vanessa

Crossfate Saga Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear Masked,

I have a question about this plugins,

I just apply it to my projects, and i found the in game map scroll event is ignored by this plugins.
Can i get a suggestion how to make the camera movement mechanism integrated with this plugins of yours?

I know we can just hit the coordinates, but i need the feelings of camera movement for cinematics purpose, in before i used the map zoom as my default view, so when it reset, ofc it would hit back to default views.

Thank you

Sc0wly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to control how this filters graphics when zooming? Certain graphics such as tiles use "nearest neighbor" on zoom and still have blocky edges (ie: no blurring), however parallax layers and certain other graphics such as Galv's layer graphics are seem to use "bicubic" scaling and look anti-aliased (blurred) upon zooming in. Anyone know how to make it "nearest neighbor" for everything or is it tide to the editor?

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for bothering, but there is an issue I would like to report related with Parallaxes. It seems that the Paralax background is cut on the right and bottom sides of the screen, like in this testing image:
Memories of Dreams v1.5.1 Game Stabalizer 24_05_2018 20_27_17.png

I don't know what is causing this issue, but I will test a bit more if this can be related somehow with the change of the screen resolution or tile size plugin from Shaz. If anyone knows about this issue or how to fix it, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Dankovsky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
RU
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys.
I have one problem. If i use some things that will displayed on events like galvs message styles or an notification window, that appears over the players head, than it all get shifted.

Here a screenshot as example:

Is there a way to fix it?
SRDs Camera Core do not have this problem and Galvs Screen Zoom, too.
But this both have other problems :D

Greez
I'd like to bump this problem, seems like it's common for many users of MBS Zoom + Galv's Message Styles.
Still looking for a solution...

ensignkris

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Is there a way I can make the zoom follow the player around?

Skraby

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm also having the same issues with this and Galv's message styles. Unfortunately you two seem unwilling to work together on this. I just wish SOMEBODY would find a fix for this!

dom438

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks you very good job

Peter_Snayde

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! Is there a way to use this plugin to zoom just map but showing pictures without zooming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.
Stream will be live shortly! Tonight will be the PREMIERE of Killer 7 for the first half of the stream, and at half-stream, we will switch to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Watching the launch, I felt a sort of detached excitement. Usually I'd think something like this would be extremely exciting. I'm fascinated by space exploration and am a big Sci-Fi fan. I guess it's just current events.
What did everyone else think about it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrrupption