jacobv1014

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I am running into a bit of an issue when it comes to using this plugin. I am making a visual novel type game and your plugin is working great for the walking around portions of the game, but unfortunately the images and graphics are being zoomed in as well. Is there any way that I can have the images be unaffected by the plugin while only the map is? It would just save me so much time to be able to set the default zoom and have it not effect the images that show up on screen as well... Let me know if theres any way to fix this

It seems to automatically scale "Pictures" (using the Show Picture command). Any way to disable this?
Hey! I understand how old this post is, but I am having the same issue and was wondering if anyone ever resolved this. I see in the notes that you can add [zoom] to any image name to have it zoom with the map, but much like what you said, it seems to be doing it without renaming any images. I need my graphics to stay their regular size as the map zooms in with the plugin... any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

thenerd12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I'd really like to use your plugin with text boxes above characters heads with extended message pack (yep). When I x2 zoom though text boxes get disaligned.

Is there a way to make your plugin compatible with extended message pack 1 plugin?

Ludi_Tarantula

A duo of a diligent snake and a chaotic spider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I understand that this topic is really old, but is there a way to make your plugin to be compatible with a good smooth camera one?
I personally use SRD's Smooth Camera, and when I enter a new map the camera acts weird.
Is there a way to solve this, or a way to make this plugin compatible with the one I use? Thank you in advance for your answer!
-Ele

thenerd12

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I understand that this topic is really old, but is there a way to make your plugin to be compatible with a good smooth camera one?
I personally use SRD's Smooth Camera, and when I enter a new map the camera acts weird.
Is there a way to solve this, or a way to make this plugin compatible with the one I use? Thank you in advance for your answer!
-Ele

It already has smooth camera I believe. Anyway you can use it along with galv cam control, which it has smooth camera incorporated, both plugin work togheter without any issues.

Ludi_Tarantula

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It already has smooth camera I believe. Anyway you can use it along with galv cam control, which it has smooth camera incorporated, both plugin work togheter without any issues.
Thank you! I will try Galv's plugin instead of SRD's :)
-Ele

Last edited:

Ludi_Tarantula

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: If I use Galv's Cam Control with this plugin... The camera is a bit displaced, like it doesn't completely follow the player or something... I'll put pictures if it's useful for solving my problem.
-Ele

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the license for this plugin?

Masked 

Assistant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What is the license for this plugin?

Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0), as shown on the topic (upper-right corner, if you click on the image it'll send you to the license information.

Essentially this:

Attribution
— You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

Maybe Creative Commons is not the best licensing scheme out there for plugins; this is close to the MIT license, if you will.

Yes, you may use the plugin on comercial projects without any additional fees. Credits are appreciated but I won't chase you around if you don't include them.

The only thing I'd like to remark is that the plugin is quite old and has some known bugs, and I have no condition of/intention to fix them at the moment. If it works well with your project that's great, but unfortunately I can't really provide much support if it doesn't right now as I have my daily job, college work and other projects I'd rather work on.

Thanks for your comprehension.

Dralctig

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its perfect. Thank you for your answer.

AriArtsy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a problem, whenever I try to playtest, I get this error, how do I fix???

Screenshot 2021-06-01 191017.png

bpm222

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Is it not possible to make an instant zoom? Duration 1 still takes multiple frames and Duration 0 returns the default 60.

Trying to use it for an evented menu, so it's a bit iffy to watch the menu zoom in every time you open it.

Shin092

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do you make this plug-in start the game zoomed in & keep it zoomed in while traveling through other maps?

Also, whats wrong with the plug-in download link? It just keeps giving me shark, had to copy & paste this plug-in from an old game

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DadOfSpaceMonkey