Masked 

One apple a day keeps the doctor away
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A

MBS - Mobile DirPad & Action Button (1.1.0)
by Masked​

Introduction
This plugin was made based on this request, it creates a Directional Pad and action buttons on the screen when the game is played with mobile devices.

Screenshots

The DPad and Action Button images where taken from the screenshot on Kich's topic

How to use
Save the script in a .js file on your project's js/plugins folder and enable it from the Plugin Manager. Further information on plugin help.

Script
GitHub: https://github.com/MaskedRpg/JS/blob/master/mv/MBS_MobileDirPad.js
MV Plugins: http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Masked/MBS%20-%20Mobile%20DirPad

Credits
- Masked, for creating;

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very interesting. Is it possible to have a switch that shuts off the feature in-game? I think it's better that the choice be made by the player.
also have it so when the controls are visible the touch screen controls dont work and while the controls are hidden the normal touch screen works.

Masked 

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Plugin updated:

Very interesting. Is it possible to have a switch that shuts off the feature in-game? I think it's better that the choice be made by the player.
also have it so when the controls are visible the touch screen controls dont work and while the controls are hidden the normal touch screen works.
Did it, just use these plugin commands to disable/enable it:

Code:
MobileDirPad disableMobileDirPad enable

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great plugin, you save me because i'don't know javascript and i have try to do that with parallel process :p
And the result was not so bad, is like this DEMO

I have a question, because i cant try it with a tablet or mobile phone right now, so:

Your plugin have multi touch feautres ?

I mean, if i'm walking around so my left finger press the screen, and i press with right  finger a button, it works?
Or i need to relase left finger?

Thanks!

Polysquid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the plugin, this will be really useful! Only I'm getting the error:

'TypeError'

Cannot set property 'visible' of undefined.

Tried messing around with paths, filetypes, making sure they're all correct. Any ideas? :) (I'm on mac)

Masked 

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great plugin, you save me because i'don't know javascript and i have try to do that with parallel process :p

And the result was not so bad, is like this DEMO

I have a question, because i cant try it with a tablet or mobile phone right now, so:

Your plugin have multi touch feautres ?

I mean, if i'm walking around so my left finger press the screen, and i press with right  finger a button, it works?

Or i need to relase left finger?

Thanks!
Omg, I didn't think about this and what's worse, I'm not sure about how to implement it o.o
Thanks for the plugin, this will be really useful! Only I'm getting the error:

'TypeError'

Tried messing around with paths, filetypes, making sure they're all correct. Any ideas? :) (I'm on mac)
Oops, my fault, fixed it.

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Omg, I didn't think about this and what's worse, I'm not sure about how to implement it o.o
It is as I thought, this is a big problem, i think there must be a way to implement multitouch but i think is not easy at all..

I'm not a developer, but i find this

http://hammerjs.github.io/

It is js, the game is and HTML5 browser game so... i think there's a way to implement it !

Kich

Hi-bit pixel artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any estimate for 8 directions? :)

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oops, my fault, fixed it.
Are you sure? I've been trying to get this thing to work for days and I'm also (still) getting the:

'TypeError'

Error thingy..

I'd love to give this a go, since opening the menu or trying to cancel anything on the android port of the game requires you to tap the screen with 2 fingers at the same time, and that has some input lag, so..

Anyway, I hope you can to fix this soon 'cause I can't wait to test it! :)

Masked 

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
It is as I thought, this is a big problem, i think there must be a way to implement multitouch but i think is not easy at all..

I'm not a developer, but i find this

http://hammerjs.github.io/

It is js, the game is and HTML5 browser game so... i think there's a way to implement it !
I'll take a look at it, doesn't seem to be much complicated. Thank you o/

Plugin updated (finally):

Any estimate for 8 directions? :)
Now it does support 8 direction movement, I made a little script specifically for that: https://github.com/MaskedRpg/JS/blob/master/mv/MBS_8Direction.js
It should work with any other diagonal movement plugin, though.

Are you sure? I've been trying to get this thing to work for days and I'm also (still) getting the:

'TypeError'

Error thingy..

[...]
Lol, I was pretty sure I did o_O
I changed some things, now it doesn't ignore the buttons when they're not going to appear on the screen anymore, it might work that way...

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol, I was pretty sure I did o_O

I changed some things, now it doesn't ignore the buttons when they're not going to appear on the screen anymore, it might work that way...
Yeah.. Well.. The error remains. 

Just by turning the script "on" the game won't even load. Before getting to the title screen the error shows up.

The thing is, I think I get what the problem is.

Once I set the PC Debug parameter to false, the game works just fine, but, the images are all over the screen. Like, over ALL screens. Clicking the buttons does works, but they just won't disappear when I enter another window, like the main menu for example. I mean, they show up in the title screen as well..

Anyway, you got close to it, maybe some more fixing and you'll find the bug. :p

Also, please add a version number to your script, it is confusing to switch versions without knowing if they're one version up or down... lol 

Skywindz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you please add a run button?

Masked 

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah.. Well.. The error remains.

Just by turning the script "on" the game won't even load. Before getting to the title screen the error shows up.

The thing is, I think I get what the problem is.

Once I set the PC Debug parameter to false, the game works just fine, but, the images are all over the screen. Like, over ALL screens. Clicking the buttons does works, but they just won't disappear when I enter another window, like the main menu for example. I mean, they show up in the title screen as well..
Well, I updated it again (now with the version number marked), but... I couldn't reproduce this error here even with the last version .-.

Like, it's in an empty project with just this plugin and what it needs and I can't get to have any error messages.

Maybe it's some kind of incompatibility, try moving this script to the last position on the plugin manager, just in case.

The images don't show up anymore when you disable them, but the dpad is supposed to appear at every scene replacing the keyboard arrows, I can make it optional if you want, though.

Can you please add a run button?
I'll try to implement something like double-clicking the dpad to run, it sounds unnecessary to have another button just for dashing...

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I updated it again (now with the version number marked), but... I couldn't reproduce this error here even with the last version .-.

Like, it's in an empty project with just this plugin and what it needs and I can't get to have any error messages.

Maybe it's some kind of incompatibility, try moving this script to the last position on the plugin manager, just in case.

The images don't show up anymore when you disable them, but the dpad is supposed to appear at every scene replacing the keyboard arrows, I can make it optional if you want, though.
Yeah, it's some incompatibility problem, I'm currently looking into it, I'll edit this post if I find the problem. Apparently the problem is not related to Yanfly's core engine, to everyone's relief..

Just a heads up, the buttons are showing up during the battle scene, and that shouldn't be happening.. (I suppose)

Also, thanks for adding the version number. :p

Edit: After testing over 30 plugins, I've found the problem. I still don't understand why, but it seems that your script is conflicting with MOG's "Title Splash Screen" plugin. Just by turning off one of them the game will either show MOG's splash screens, or your buttons. I also forgot to mention that the buttons are showing up on the title screen. Is that supposed to happen?

Masked 

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, now it's 100% fixed and tested xD

The problem were not just with MOG's script, it would happen with any plugin that created/modified a scene without calling the Scene_Base start method.

Also, there were a problem with the disable/enable commands that would make the interface to appear when the map was reloaded even if it had been disabled, fixed it too.

About the buttons showing up at the battle and title screens, the idea was that the dpad would replace the directional arrows from the keywboard, so it should appear at every scene, but if you want now you can control this changing the "Only in Map" parameter.

Now it's working fine o/

PotionDose

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
When i try to playtest my game is says "Error: Failed to load: ./img/system/DirPad.png" any help? Also, is there any way i could possibly have 3 buttons instead of 2? Great plugin if it works!

Cvrtis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Changed...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Transferring over the character creation to MMO MV is going okie-ish, but slow~ Mainly image assets reformatting/reworking I have to do to work in this engine is a pain. XD At least the MMO battles works pretty well so far! Woop woop! :kaoluv:
At this point I'm sorta convinced that the joke "they mix something in the cafeteria food" may be true. Like, every single person seems to be dozing off in class right after lunch...
Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elad