Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, now it's 100% fixed and tested xD

The problem were not just with MOG's script, it would happen with any plugin that created/modified a scene without calling the Scene_Base start method.

Also, there were a problem with the disable/enable commands that would make the interface to appear when the map was reloaded even if it had been disabled, fixed it too.

About the buttons showing up at the battle and title screens, the idea was that the dpad would replace the directional arrows from the keywboard, so it should appear at every scene, but if you want now you can control this changing the "Only in Map" parameter.

Now it's working fine o/
That's great! Just tested it and it's working just fine.

Btw, is there a way to add a "use buttons - yes/no" option in the default options menu? There may be players who would prefer not to use buttons, as they take some room in the screen.

Anyway, great job, the plugin is great and you were really quick to solve all the issues. Thanks a lot and keep it up! :D

Rei_Armada76

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is it possible to turn off the script at the game's startup? Thanks!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just create a parallel process event on the first map that turns it off, then turn on a self switch and add an extra page conditioned by the self switch so it doesn't run again.

firelad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it compatible with HammerJS yet? I'll like to test it out on my Android when I export my game. Also is it possible to add more than two buttons? So in case something is different and I'll like to apply the custom to the third button.

Last edited by a moderator:

yongilcool

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
what a wonderful plugin! thanks for this !!!     can we use this plugin with "click event to activate"  plugin together?

i'd like to touch to activate event while using this pad T ^ T

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't get this to work at all plus the help file has no instructions and is full of what looks like code.  I'm sure its something I'm doing wrong but I can't figure it out.

Redownloaded and its fine. Must have being an error in the way I downloaded first time.

Dalpio

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
한국어
Can you add L,R key ? (= Q,W on keyboard)

Lakaroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nothing to say, Masked you do a great job but i think... without multi touch features, a game pad on the screen is useful.

If we are talking about mobile games, and commercial games...

kachorritou

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Great job! I have several troubles trying to move to the right, i don't know why, but if i press the right button it will barely answer, on the other hand the other buttons works great.

shftatsix

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great job! I have several troubles trying to move to the right, i don't know why, but if i press the right button it will barely answer, on the other hand the other buttons works great.
You need to change the Dpad size in the plugin, if your using the OpenGameArt.org onscreen control sprites that was posted here, 42 seems to work well.

gotomarch

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
why when I have the image at .img/system , the image not show up in my game?? I already on the plugin and use the plugin at ./js/plugins and make the extension .js

rock3

Warper
Reaction score
MBS_MobileDirPad.js , Please tell me. 

Image size (pixel) of the pad (./img/system/DirPad.png), can you answer?

rock3

Warper
Reaction score
Hi, hello.

A crosswalk v10.39.235.16 + Mobile Dir Pad v1.2.0, App dead.

APK app is do not want to die.

When you comment out, it is alive.

// this._messageWindow.startMessage = function() {

//     oldStartMessage.apply(this, arguments);

//     scene.hideUserInterface();

// };

// Window_Message.prototype.terminateMessage = function() {

//     oldTerminateMessage.apply(this, arguments);

//     scene.showUserInterface();

// };

Thank you.

cward3223

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am having a slight issue, I turned off PC Debug, but for some reason when it loads on PC you can see the images slide off to the side on each new screen change (map transfer, menu enter/exit, menu change, etc) and when a message box appears after the message goes away the images show up on the screen, but are not 'clickable' and won't slide off the screen until a new scene is engaged, I am not sure what happened, I didn't edit anything inside of the JS file, only the settings within the plugin manager, and made new images, but other than that nothing major was tweaked or anything. You can see what I mean at http://realmsofkhaos.com/game/index.html

Azgraal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Any way to automaticaly disable this when a battle happens and have it enabled again when the battle ends?

darkelite

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I was recently trying this awesome plugin. However, I have specific needs that the plugin doesn't support yet. Do you think the following can be added?:

• Keep the touch controls and only have a menu button on the top-right of the map.
  • This menu button should transform into a back button inside menus, battles and on save/load screens.

Something I've noticed. A lof of people who are were playing with laptops are using their pad and were wondering 'how do I go back' or 'how do I access my menu'. If it's possible to have a parameter in the plugin to keep the button available on the Windows/Mac version as well that would be perfect. Let me know what you think!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I couldn't find any information on the code that says the purpose for this plugin.

With credit given is this plugin free to use for commercial products and/or free to use for free products?

Thanks.

DarkRafa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brazilian
Primarily Uses
Hey, Masked, first of all congratulations for the very awesome script!

Well, i have one problem:

the directionals doesn't works well. I dont no why but when i press the directional for the first time, the actors still running in the same way and then i cant change the direction for a time. Then, after a few seconds, move to other direction that i sent and the process repeats.

At first, looks like my adaptor joystick is the trouble but it works fine in all other games. (PC)

Buttons Action and Cancel works very well, my real problem is the directional. I use playstation one joystick, if this helps.

Anyway, ty.

KamiSawZe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, i have one problem:

the directionals doesn't works well. I dont no why but when i press the directional for the first time, the actors still running in the same way and then i cant change the direction for a time. Then, after a few seconds, move to other direction that i sent and the process repeats.
Did you remember to set the D-pad size?  I was having some issues and I realized I forgot to adjust the size of the D-Pad buttons.

Hello, I couldn't find any information on the code that says the purpose for this plugin.

With credit given is this plugin free to use for commercial products and/or free to use for free products?

Thanks.
I'd also like to know the terms.  I'm hoping to use this in a commercial game.  I really love this script, I was hoping that RMMV would come with this option by default, but this is great.

Will you be making it so the menu and battle screen don't allow normal touch screen clicks when the overlay is on? It's easy to accidentally hit buttons you don't mean to.  I personally hate playing the battles with the default touch controls.

Also, is it possible to make this a main options menu item?  And maybe the option to have touch controls on the menu/battle screen too?  Right now I use Tsukihime's Pre-Title Event combined with saronpasu's Shared Variable plugin "Chikuwa" to give the player the option at the start of the game, before the title screen, and it will remember it for next time.  Then there is a character at the Inn who can switch it off or on, and Chikuwa remembers the new setting for the next time the game is started.  But this is a lot of scripting for what feels like should be on the menu with the other options.  I learned how to make some basic menu layout changes in VXA, but looking at the java code for the menus made my eyes bleed.  ;_;

In case anybody else is interested in doing something similar, I have this set to run before the title screen (see Tsukihime link above), but you could also set something like this to run when you start the first game.  Then it wouldn't run if you started another game on the same device.  I have this run right after showing my splash screen:

controls.png

[UPDATE]

I've been implementing Yanfly Engine Plugins today and had a more useful solution to toggling the pad on and off once the game has started.  I'm leaving in my first-time-only splash screen code as it is, except the part about the piano player.  With Yanfly's Main Menu Manager, I've added a button next to "Options" that calls Common Event 0002, which is pretty much the same code the piano player had before to turn the overlay on or off and remember it with Chikuwa for future startups.  This way the player can change it at any time.  I'd still prefer this to be in the actual "Options" menu, but Java beggars can't be choosers.  ;)   Here's the event code below, nothing fancy:

option.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BwadeZ