Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A

MBS - Smooth Scroll (1.0.2)
by Masked​

Introduction
Basically, this script cause the map scroll to delay a little bit so it looks smoother and more natural.

Features
- Scroll works 360º, so it (should be) compatible with 8D movement plugins;
- Allows you to choose the scroll speed and the maximum distance between the scroll and the player.

How to use
Just save the plugin Raw code in a .js file on your game's js/plugins folder. Further information on plugin help.

Script
GitHub: https://github.com/MaskedRpg/JS/blob/master/mv/MBS_SmoothScroll.js
MV Plugins: http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Masked/MBS%20-%20Smooth%20Scroll

Credits and Thanks
- Masked, for creating

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is a GEM of a plugin. It should be standard in every Project. ;)

Great job!

edit:

ATM, I've settled for 64px distance and 7 speed for maximum eye softness, with minimal end flicker.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I suppose this is one of those plugins that most people won't even notice until someone uses it in a popular project and everyone wonders how the heck the scrolling was so smooth and made the game feel that much better when played...

Shame.

beenbaba

Slowly getting there
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Awesome plugin! Thank you Masked.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This.. is.. AMAZING!

I mean it, this is one of the best ideas I've seen so far and it works great! It gives a whole new look to RPG Maker.

Thank you, keep it up! :D

MaxLionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Wow, I'm surprised how a little detail like that can make the game look so much smoother. I'm happily surprised! Good job man :)

Edit: It seems this addon prevents us from using the event function "scroll map" entirely. Every time I try to move the screen a little bit, the screen immediately moves back toward the player...

tati light

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is super amazing!

There is just a small bug that makes this plugin almost perfect. When you use events next to tiles, for example, if you use events to add an artificial "fourth layer", when you move, the events are not totally glued to the grid, they keep shaking and you can see transparent lines appearing and disappearing very quickly between any movement. Is there a way to fix this and make the events more glued to the screen, like the tilesets are?

Skotty TV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
Hello! Superduper plugin my friend!  BD

Just a little problem... the scroll map function inside the game events doesnt work anymore when your script is turned on.

Is there a way to fix that? ;_;

Angius

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
A great plugin. I was always using smooth scroll in all my past projects, so it's good to see one for MV as well.

Neverthless, there's but one issue with it.

It somewhat conflicts with parallax mapping using this plugin. It makes the pictures also scroll with some delay, and the topmost layer tends to have 1px gap from the bottom one. Just as this video shows.

Emmych

forever rotting in the shamecube, floating eternal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Anglais~
Primarily Uses
Oh, hey, neat!  I remember this script from the VX days, brings back a lot of memories~

Is it possible to include a feature to turn it off in the options menu while in game...?  ALAS, my eyes aren't what they used to be, and this script makes me feel a little motion sick, but I forsee a lot of people using it because it's Neat and looks great.  I'd bet my life savings of -$500 that there are other folks like me who get a little queasy with all the excess movement, so HEY that is a potential accessibility thing for you to consider in future updates.

jackseg

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hello,

Good job and excuse my english.

I've a bug with this plugin. When I want scroll map on a direction, it's not possible.

If I disable plugin, it's ok.

BR

BlackRaison

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great job,

Awesome plugin. Makes traversing the map much slicker.

Keep it up!  :D

PlatypusOfDoom

Villager
Reaction score
Introduction

Basically, this script cause the map scroll to delay a little bit so it looks smoother and more natural.

Hello! Superduper plugin my friend!  BD

Just a little problem... the scroll map function inside the game events doesnt work anymore when your script is turned on.

Is there a way to fix that? ;_;
Unfortunately I just ran into this problem, too. Any idea if the issue can be fixed?

sieben43

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately I just ran into this problem, too. Any idea if the issue can be fixed?
Same for me.

But I appreciate your work, it was exactly, what I was looking for, thanks! :)

Masked 

One apple a day keeps the doctor away
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry for keep you waiting, I was so busy I didn't have time to fix anything even though it was just adding some conditionals >.<

Now it's OK, hope you enjoy o/

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Scroll Map command is still broken.

Usually you can put a 0 distance scroll event right after another scroll event. This will make the game wait on the first scroll. Now, it seems the second scroll simply overwrites the first scroll, so:

Scroll Right 7 distance

Scroll Right 0 distance

Does nothing.

But before this script, it would scroll right 7 and wait for it.

Fox536

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey I tried the plugin and it's erroring at line 91, saying that this._scroll is undefined. I'm thinking its because of 

Game_Map.prototype.setupScrollnever getting called

Gauze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
N/A
This Plug in is a beast and should be illegal, it almost blinded me with grace and Beauty!

posfan12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(Is it okay for me to necro project threads?)

Has this script been supplanted by Yanfly or someone else in the intervening years? Or is it still safe to use this script with others? Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gilgamegi