thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Eff-n-Geoff

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi @ Masked , i've just found this plugin and it's exactly what i've been after ... however, I create an event and add the following Comment

<s_emittance: bgs/Drips>
<s_e_radius: 5>
<s_e_pitch: 70>
<s_e_volume: 100>

And nothing is happening, there is no error in the console. The file definitely exists but yet I'm getting nothing unfortunately ... 

josuke

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
I follow the example,but it didn't work...

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
New bug to report, transferring to different maps with ambience events has them briefly emit a sound even when not remotely close to them.

Also something to note that audio seems to have a crackling sound produced when moving nearby these events- standing still removes that effect.

Portkey89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all--

Been having trouble getting this to work (sound simply won't emit, no matter what I do), so I just tested this in a new project with RMMV 1.3.1, and it's not working at all there either.  Is anyone else running into this issue?

AestheticGamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi all--

Been having trouble getting this to work (sound simply won't emit, no matter what I do), so I just tested this in a new project with RMMV 1.3.1, and it's not working at all there either.  Is anyone else running into this issue?
Same issue, I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but haven't managed to get this to work yet.

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Portkey89 @AestheticGamer yes this is an issue that has not yet been resolved. I was having troubles with this and found that if I played the same sound twice in a row it would sometimes work, sometimes not. I would advise against using this until it gets patched.

kkkkkk23

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
mandarin
Primarily Uses
I have it working, though I'm having a problem with turning it off.

The only way I was able to turn it 'off' is to transfer the event somewhere where the player cant hear.

Can anyone help me on this?

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
awesome ! :o

Thanks!

Benstu777

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I had a lot of trouble getting the newer versions to work.

I had a look at the code (I am a non programmer) it looked like the inverted commas ( ' ) around the '.ogg'; or 'm4a'; were formatted oddly. I deleted them in a code viewer and put in some standard ones saved the file.

Worked fine for me after that.

Hope this helps someone.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Found a bug. If you start the game and the player is the near of the sound event, than the sound is played loud and than the plugin adjust the sound. This sounds really wierd ;_;

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For some reason it's not working for me.
I am sad.

styx92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Bumb?!

Found a bug. If you start the game and the player is the near of the sound event, than the sound is played loud and than the plugin adjust the sound. This sounds really wierd ;_;

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

MBS - Sound Emittance (1.1.3)
by Masked

Credits and Thanks
- Masked, for creating

Any others Terms and Conditions of use?

Can it be used into a commercial project?

I always find people finding it hard to understand CC BY SA.

You mean that the Share Alike refers to the plugin, not the whole project right?

Since it has not NC (Non Commercial) we can use it in a commercial project right?

Gri49

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found a bug AND a fix for 2D sound effect.

Bug: 2D sound will play when out of radius. The sound will be at its lowest when just out of radius from the event (at 2 tile away from event for radius=2).

Fix: Here's the code that I modified. Replace the "Scene_Map.prototype.update" fonction with this code.  View attachment NEW_Scene_Map_prototype_update.js

By the way, thanks Masked for this cool plugins. 

matthew30903

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any others Terms and Conditions of use?

Can it be used into a commercial project?

I always find people finding it hard to understand CC BY SA.

You mean that the Share Alike refers to the plugin, not the whole project right?

Since it has not NC (Non Commercial) we can use it in a commercial project right?
From what I have gathered from the CC BY SA license is that anything that uses or builds off the work must have the same license. That said under section 4b of the license it states:

The above applies to the Derivative Work as incorporated in a Collective Work, but this does not require the Collective Work apart from the Derivative Work itself to be made subject to the terms of this License.
From that I can assume that you can include it in your game as long as you provide access to the script. If you change it you have to make your changes public. Only the part that uses this script would be under the Share Alike part. You would not have to place the whole project under the license and it would violate RPG Maker's own license to use if it required you to place your game under the share alike license.

That being said I am no lawyer and the creator is the one who issued the license and alone has the right to clarify the license beyond the scope of the Creative Commons.

TheChilliPL

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Polski [Polish]
Nope. Not working.
In console:

Code:
(my game folder)/audio/bgs/Drips%3E%20%3Cs_e_radius:%205%3E%3Cs_e_pitch:%2070%3E%3Cs_e_volume:%2085.m4a net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
In parallel event on first page, comment is placed:

<s_emittance: bgs/Drips><s_e_radius: 5><s_e_pitch: 70><s_e_volume: 85>

If after <s_emittance...> and before <s_e_radius: 5> I place new line, error disappears but no sound either

Antera

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
EN & FR
Primarily Uses
What did I do wrong ?

nosound.png

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nope. Not working.
In console:

Code:
(my game folder)/audio/bgs/Drips%3E%20%3Cs_e_radius:%205%3E%3Cs_e_pitch:%2070%3E%3Cs_e_volume:%2085.m4a net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
In parallel event on first page, comment is placed:

<s_emittance: bgs/Drips><s_e_radius: 5><s_e_pitch: 70><s_e_volume: 85>

If after <s_emittance...> and before <s_e_radius: 5> I place new line, error disappears but no sound either

I'm having the same issue, did anyone figure it out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I spent a lot of time creating it.
Follow up new work.
With every new day I'm working on more and more exciting stuff, how can I even control my own hype?
Angry kitten at the vet tries to sound scary but not doing a very good job of it.

Project Recruitment Threads be like: "Just need an artist, mapper, coder, musician and writer! I will put them all together myself." That's not a project team, that's you wanting other people to make everything for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadlyduel