MBS - Sound Emittance

Gri49

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to use Comment (Yeah, kinda weird since most of the time it's Plugin Command or Script).

The comment need to contains only one instruction (ex: <s_e_radius: 5>) so you need to use multiple comment.

This command is found on the first page for event command.

Also, be careful of m4a file vs ogg file. I don't remember the specific but one's does not always work.

Last edited by a moderator:

DMIgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I have been trying to get this to work for a few days now and have had no luck, i started a brand new MV project in MV v1.3.4, popped the script in and added the comments

<s_emittance: se/Wolf> (yes i tried both m4a and ogg)

<s_e_radius: 3>

<s_e_volume: 90>

<s_e_pitch: 100>

I figure an SE would be more likely to play if you have a bgm or bgs currently going, still nothing, i did however notice at the end of the script it is pointing towards the MVCommons script, the question is, does that mean this script is dependent on MVCommons?

The new scene I created has no sound effects in it btw, no bgm or bgs, totally silent so i can hear if it plays or not but no luck. 

There are also no errors in the error log at all.

Has anyone gotten this to work at all recently? I am using v1.2.1 of the sound emittence script

EDIT: For those interested I found another plugin that kind of does the same thing but works right out of the box, try this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a reason the help file has been removed from this plugin?
Id sure like to know how to use it.

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if anyone else got this error but I tried testing this plugin by making a
campfire. Here's how I set it.
<s_emittance: bgs/Fire1>
<s_e_radius: 5>

<s_e_volume: 15>

I typed them all in the same comment, by the way.

But whenever I testplay my game, I don't hear anything coming from the campfire at all.

unknownnumber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I have a problem as well. For some reason my BGS gets louder as I walk AWAY from the event.
This is my event page:

Edit: When I turn 3D sound on, the issue is gone.

Last edited:

krain11

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, my problem is when you switch pages in the event, all sounds are gone. Even BGM... Any help would be appreciated.

MazeMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hello, i am wondering if it is possible to make only one instance of the sound file play, balanced between multiple emit points.
i have a large river i want to only be heard when near it, but placing many sound points either creates overlapping sound or unnatural gaps where you cannot hear the river.
thank you for the excellent plugin.

- MAZEMAKER

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is it able to make dynamic sounds?

let's say I wanted to make a horror game and I wanted the enemy you are running from to produce a sound that gets louder when you get closer to it.

Aryn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin is really wonderful, but it seems to be no longer compatible? It seems maybe no one is supporting this plugin anymore, but is there an easy upgrade for MV 1.6.1?

EHCB

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad to see this thread isn't dead. I built my game heavily around this plugin, completely excited by it's possibilities, without realizing how old it was.
I uploaded a game prototype only to find that people couldn't load their saved games; getting the error "this._pannerNode.setPosition is not a function"

I've now switched to using JavaHut's audiomanager to achieve the same effect, but I still think it's a shame this plugin's not kept up to date because of it's ease of use

Last edited:

Aryn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, thank you for the alternative at least!

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, like, after this long, I have to assume it's been noticed, though I've seen no mention of it yet.....
Has anyone noticed that if you're running a sound effect from an event based on the event's event page, that even if the event page with the comment containing the sound info changes, the sound doesn't? This is kind of a massive issue, at least for what I'm trying to use this for. A BGS for fire to only play from torches at night while they are lit, for example, but instead, it continues to play during the day when they are off also. Furthermore, to try to use this for sound effects from wild creatures in a forest, for example, doesn't really work either because for a sound effect, once the page becomes active, no matter how briefly before being changed, that sound continues to play over and over, there doesn't seem to be anyway to make it stop.

(my example is I have a bird who flies around from tree to tree and I wanted to make a landing and taking off sound effect, and while I can do that with normal eventing, it'd be heard throughout the entire map at the same volume, so I wanted to use something like this to make it dynamic, and while it can be done, the sound effect just continues to play over and over, so after the bird has flown away from a tree, the sound effect will continue playing at that tree)

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, like, after this long, I have to assume it's been noticed, though I've seen no mention of it yet.....
Has anyone noticed that if you're running a sound effect from an event based on the event's event page, that even if the event page with the comment containing the sound info changes, the sound doesn't? This is kind of a massive issue, at least for what I'm trying to use this for. A BGS for fire to only play from torches at night while they are lit, for example, but instead, it continues to play during the day when they are off also. Furthermore, to try to use this for sound effects from wild creatures in a forest, for example, doesn't really work either because for a sound effect, once the page becomes active, no matter how briefly before being changed, that sound continues to play over and over, there doesn't seem to be anyway to make it stop.

(my example is I have a bird who flies around from tree to tree and I wanted to make a landing and taking off sound effect, and while I can do that with normal eventing, it'd be heard throughout the entire map at the same volume, so I wanted to use something like this to make it dynamic, and while it can be done, the sound effect just continues to play over and over, so after the bird has flown away from a tree, the sound effect will continue playing at that tree)
Could you share a screenshot of the event editor with these events? Sometimes, there are details that are missed with the event itself rather than a script.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could you share a screenshot of the event editor with these events? Sometimes, there are details that are missed with the event itself rather than a script.

Despite the sound triggering comment not being displayed during the second page, it continues to play anyway.

peq42_

Yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese(BR)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is is just me, or every sound in the project start being handled by the web audio api after installing it?

I noticed that because after installing it, audios/musics got bass boost(due to my system's config).

lnwgamer

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have problem with default Play SE, It can't pan correctly
set pan -100 but still play sound in the middle, when set pan to 0 sometime it play sound from the left side
how to fix this?

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Masked. A big thanks for making this plugin.
I need a small clarification.

CC BY SA has one issue.
"ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original."

The license purpose usually refers and is limited to the script itself and does not affect a game made using the script.
But someone can still say "you had built upon this and a lot of more materials, so the game can NOT be commercial. The whole game should be under CC BY SA !". This can cause trouble to some people who would love to use it.

So it would be nice to clarify at your OP if this script can be used on commercial products. I actually literally ask this question, because I am personally interested in using it. :)
Thanks again, hope to hear from you soon!

Hyouryuu-Na

Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this plugin work for 1.6.1? I checked it out a few months ago but it didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong though.

yooncq

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
korea
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Can I turn off the button?

Overland_Cat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would want to use your plugin, but does it have a terms of use?

I wonder if it's free for commercial or non-commercial use.

I'm new to this forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay... This was an important decision. What to say. Happy autumn. :)

It seems opening MZ with the executable doesn't register it in steam. So on my steam account, it says I only used MZ for 5 hours lol.
Our program, who art in memory,
Called by thy name;
Thy operating system run;
Thy function be done at runtime as it was on development.
Give us this day our daily output.
And forgive us our code duplication,
as we forgive those who
duplicate code against us.
And lead us not into frustration;
But deliver us from GOTOs.
For thine is algorithm,
The computation, and the solution,
Looping forever and ever.
Return;
NeoPGX wrote on Kes's profile.
Oh hey I just saw your comment on my profile status update.

The thing is I have twitter set up mark all my content as being potentially sensitive by default. I do it as a precaution even though I very rarely upload any such content.
I'm the fly in your soup
I'm the pebble in your shoe
I'm the pea beneath your bed
I'm the bump on every head
I'm the peel on which you slip
I'm the pin in every hip
I'm the thorn in your side
Makes you wriggle and writhe
And it's so easy when you're evil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members