Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A

MBS - Visual Equipment (1.0.2)
by Masked​

Introduction
This plugin displays specific images on game characters depending on what items they are equipped with. It may have some bugs since I'm not used to MV yet, so if you notice something wrong please tell me o/

Features
- You can set offsets on equipment graphics;
- You can easily choose the equipment priority;
- You can use everything you do with other charsets ($ and ! prefix, for example);
- Shows equipments for party followers and allows you to display graphics on events.

How to use
Save this plugin as MBS_VisualEquipment.js on your game's js/plugin folder, then add it to your game by selecting it on Plugin Manager. Further information on Plugin help.

Script
GitHub: https://github.com/MaskedRpg/JS/blob/master/mv/MBS_VisualEquipment.js

FAQ
None for now.

Credits
- Masked, for creating.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very interesting. Does it work on the Side View Battlers too?

Like, if I wanted to have a character to have both sprites, one with a hat and one without it, and by equipping or removing the hat his sprite would change, could it also change the SV Battler sprite?

VanillaBrocker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Hi!
First of all, thank you so much. Used it a lot on RM VX Ace.

But, there's something wrong with it in my game. I'm having this error message:

http://i.imgur.com/2R41K18.png

(Please, ignore the game/folder name).

Do you know what's wrong?

Thanks!

Edit: For some reason, it only occurs when I have less than four members on the party.

Masked 

One apple a day keeps the doctor away
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Very interesting. Does it work on the Side View Battlers too?

Like, if I wanted to have a character to have both sprites, one with a hat and one without it, and by equipping or removing the hat his sprite would change, could it also change the SV Battler sprite?
No, but I like the idea, I'll try to implement this as soon as possible, thanks for the feedback o/

Hi!

First of all, thank you so much. Used it a lot on RM VX Ace.

But, there's something wrong with it in my game. I'm having this error message:

http://i.imgur.com/2R41K18.png

(Please, ignore the game/folder name).

Do you know what's wrong?

Thanks!

Edit: For some reason, it only occurs when I have less than four members on the party.
It looks like I forgot to check if the actor was valid or not when showing its equipments  :|  

Fixed it, please copy the new version from the github link.

Plugin updated: fixed the above mentioned error and implemented iavra's workaround for getting plugins parameters.

VanillaBrocker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
No, but I like the idea, I'll try to implement this as soon as possible, thanks for the feedback o/

It looks like I forgot to check if the actor was valid or not when showing its equipments  :|  

Plugin updated: fixed the above mentioned error and implemented iavra's workaround for getting plugins parameters.
Thanks! It's working perfectly, now! ;)

Zephadus

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't suppose there's a way to change the equipment on an event, is there?
Like if for example, I have an event with "<equips:a 1, a 2, a 3>", but then I want it to be "<equips:a 14, a 21, a 17>".
Some way to change an event's equips in-game without an absurd number of pages and conditions?
A way to assign a party member's equipment to an event would work as well.
The hypothetical situation being cutscenes or areas where your party leaves your side and roams free, doing their own thing (in a tavern, for example).

And how about assigning sheets to accomodate things like the 'Damage' character sheets (or other related sheets)?
For example, let's say I have files named "Actor1-1.png" and "Actor1-2.png", where the first contains of the normal 'Actor1' sprites, and the second contains the first couple sections of 'Damage1' copied into the same spaces as the characters in 'Actor1' would inhabit, then having 'Armor1-1.png' and Armor 1-2.png', where the notetags could be '<graphic:Armor1-1, Armor 1-2, 1>'.
Something like that, with a variable number of parameters, the last of which being which 'cells' of the character sheet to use, so current projects' notetags still work.
Something so various sprite variations switch to the correct visual equipment sheet automatically, like jumping, being surprised, etc.

...I donno, I'm not a coder, but I hope this gives you a few ideas. :)

Bernkastel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

hey, first question. any screenshots on how this works? does it use the generator parts so you dont need to make new char sheets or anything?

second, can you make nude generator parts so we can create our character with all the face and skin color customizations but with no clothes on to use with this plugin?

Edit: Tested it out. It works great! Now if only it could work for faces and SV battlers!

gamerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
That's some neat plugin. I got some questions and suggestions regarding it:

1. How do I update character's show equipment from events?

When I change equipment from code - it does not change in game until I enter and leave game menu (Used "Change Equipment" action).

If not possible to detect such events automatically - maybe you could make a plugin command to update images.

2. Is there a way to make alternative equipment graphics from alternative character animations? Like those "down" frames for all RTP characters for example. Current system does not work with them sadly.

3. Possibility to make alternative equipment graphics/offsetes for different characters? For example, make a hat that child or adult can equip. But since head positions are different - it will look wrong for either of them.

2 and 3 may be pretty similiar to handle I think. If it were me, I'd make it like that:

<graphic:_hat>

This will work this way: it will check current actor's charset name and will add "_hat" to it. For example, if you got character on image "actors_1" - then it will try to find image "actors_1_hat". If not found - it will try to use default image, that you provide with <graphics: hat, 0> as usual. So, it will become possible to make same equipment look different for different actors or poses.

Also, it may be good to add some more options for default <graphics> note. Like <graphics: *_down, hatDown, 0> . So, it will first check is actor's image ends with _down, and then applies corresponding image. So, this will allow to make different versions of equipment for different poses based only on image's name.

4. Default images applied to actors when equipment slot is empty. It's possible to do same with placeholder equipment, but may lead to some bugs.

Looking forward to your reply, Masked.

CameronCalvert

LazyCam
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There's a bug. When I walk through a bush it makes my character naked again until I'm out of the bush :(

lonewolph

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there an example file for this? I don't know what standards the image file for the equipment needs to be. Does this work for SV Characters as well...??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP