McSundae's Enhanced Battle System - pretty gauges, faces, different window styles & borders

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi guys, its me again.

I got another plugin for you guys to use in your games. I know, i released the last plugin yesterday, im kinda getting into this ;-)

What does this Plugin do?

It gives you bigger gauges, different colors at the gauges - this also also takes effect at the menu.

Also the gauges come along with picture border's and gloss, this give you artists even more possibility to customize the look and feel of the game ;-)

Additionally i optimized the System again for 3 party members and added there Faces, giving a nice look at my opinion.

This comes with every of my plugins - since i do them primary for my own game. Anyway, if you want to use it with 4 or more heroes you can use the plugin parameter heroes_per_row.

It also changes the Box for Attacking enemys, making it slim and positioned at the side of enemys, actually this will work only in sideview battles

How to use?

Simply include it, activate it in the plugin menu and lets go! If you don't want to use the gauges simply set plugin parameter to "false" ;-)

If you want to use the system with more then 3 Heroes you set the "heroes_per_row" plugin parameter to 4 or higher.

You can now choose which window style is used in battles - so you can set window_style on '0' for casual window style, '1' for black background and other values to have none window background.

You will need the Picture packet in your Projects "img/projects/" Folder

Known bugs

---

Free to use

You can use this script in any commercial or non-commercial game, have fun - just give credit and contact me if you release the game (free copies are apreciated  :D )

Works with / Tested with

Yanfly Engine

Animated Enemies

Changelog

Version 1.2.0

- Fixed positioning with resolution changing plugins

- Fixed a bug which changed command icons even on menu's

- Added the possibility to change the window appearance during battle

- You can now use the system with 3, 4 or even more or less Heroes (Results maybe mess up at low resolutions and/or much heroes, play around with it)

Version 1.1.0

- Fixed the box size of active actors

- Added Icons at ActorCommand ;-)

- Got pretty images for gauge border and gloss, makes it more shiny :)

Version 1.0.1

- Fixed a Bug which stopped weapons and animations beeing shown

- Included the possibility to don't use the gauges addon

Graphics.zip

NewBattlesystem1-2-0.js .zip

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a way to conditionally change which face, rather than just the default actor face?

Frayling0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Not working for me :( Bunched up actor stats, and enemy select menu is so tall it goes off screen, with only 2 enemies present.

Is there any way of having plugin commands with this, as I'm really just looking for the actor portraits in battle?

VHStapes

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Do you plan on making this work for parties of 4? It would be so perfect for my game if you did. I'm literally considering dropping my party size to 3 to use it haha.

Rose Guardian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is a nice battle system. I been looking for something like this, but the problem is I really want four actors in battle. Do you plan to make this support four characters? I don't like having less than for actors in the party, but that's just me.

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hello guys, thanks for the support :) 

For sure i can also give you an 4 Player version, im going to work on this in the next days :)

I prefer 3 Party member for myself, thats why i always make the scripts for this first ;-)

But don't worry, im going to do this for you guys

@Frayling:

You probably use some plugins to manipulate the scene_battle or simply the resolution, dont you?

If yes please tell me which ones so i can maybe fix that if possible

Last edited by a moderator:

Frayling0

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'll have a check, but is it possible for the 4 man release to have the different parts of the plugin as plugin commands? So if I just want the portraits, but not the gauge changes for example, I can do that? :)

Many thanks.

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey guys,

i updated the plugin to Version 1.0.1. This includes a small fix, which caused big problems, characters didn't played there animations properly, now everything works perfectly.

This Version also includes the possibility to don't use the gauges addon, see my edited first post for more information

VHStapes

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello guys, thanks for the support :) 

For sure i can also give you an 4 Player version, im going to work on this in the next days :)

I prefer 3 Party member for myself, thats why i always make the scripts for this first ;-)

But don't worry, im going to do this for you guys
Thank you!!

Mathwe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Its a really nice Plugin, but i has only one problem with this, i cant use it with the Yanfly Battle Engine, because you enemey select bar mess with it.

Is it possible you can change that?

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is actually a really cool script. <3
But as some are mentioned allready, I was going for a six person battle like in Suikoden 2. 
I would be super happy, if you add it, because it looks really amazing. ;) (\s/)

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I like this!
Looking forward to the 4-man version :)
Thanks for making it!!

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Version 1.1.0

- Fixed the box size of active actors

- Added Icons at ActorCommand ;-)

- Got pretty images for gauge border and gloss, makes it more shiny  :)

Eisenwain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
this allow 4 characters?

Rainfall

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Can you optimize it for 1280x720 and a 4 party system? Then I would totally use this. :D

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It changes the gauge on the main status menu but on the far right of the gauge it doesnt end, the gauge cuts,

AMAZING JOB, this might be part of my main battle system, thanks.

What I love about it most is that its so CLEAN.

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
omg it does this to my menu XD

hm I would rather like that as a standalone plugin, but not on a battle hud (plus it only effects skill and item, weird huh?)

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I'm going to release the next version with some bug fixes within the next days :D

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great! Hopefully a 4-party version will be soon :) There aren't many battle HUD scripts out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Pretend you were telling, reading, or listening to a very serious, slightly scary story about witches. Would a witch doing the stereotypical flying on a broomstick thing ruin the mood?
Yeseylon wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
All Hail Storm Crow, the Blue Eyes White Dragon of MtG!
I love these real life Oblivion videos:
I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmicycle