McSundae's Enhanced Battle System - pretty gauges, faces, different window styles & borders

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
It's official - next feature will be 4 Heroes Version since alot people demanded that.

But i can't give you guys 6 heroes since this simply doesn't work in the standard resolution.

You need additional scripts to achieve a bigger resolution and that is nothing i really like to do, if people using other scripts than this one this will maybe cause Problems.

So i will stick doing a 4 actors version ;-)

I'm also thinking about the possibility to have a background image for every single actor instead of one window for all of them.

Any suggestions shall be made within the next days since i will probably start working on this at the weekend (if there's not again work for me to do at the weekend IRL)

Greetings

Marillmau5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there a way to conditionally change which face, rather than just the default actor face?
This is the closest I can find for you so far:

If you use Yanflys battle engine core with this, in its settings you can enable "front view" battlers, so those side view SV actors will appear above the face picture, you might be able to re position them to hover over the face and change the side view battlers graphics to faces, so the character makes a face when getting hurt or attacking.

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Wouldn't use it but seems really nice for a cellphone RPG :)

Silent Darkness

Robomage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is the closest I can find for you so far:

If you use Yanflys battle engine core with this, in its settings you can enable "front view" battlers, so those side view SV actors will appear above the face picture, you might be able to re position them to hover over the face and change the side view battlers graphics to faces, so the character makes a face when getting hurt or attacking.
egh....not what I was looking for, really.

Conditional Faces pl0x

P.S: I'm being sarcastic here. I'll make a request thread later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apples

are overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
I'm also thinking about the possibility to have a background image for every single actor instead of one window for all of them.
I would like this very much. Please do it please doooo. And while you're at it, maybe make it so that the portraits would overlap the windows? Aesthetic purposes.

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not able to extract the .js file on my computer for some reason.  :distrust: Anyone else get this problem? It's saying I should check permissions but i have it set to allow me to open it. 

EDIT: Never mind got it to work! Love the look of this! Excited to see a 4 party version. 

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
So - here we go with the next update ;-) A bit later than i promised but well, i had again to work at weekend and had simply not enough time there.

Here are the new patch notes ;-)

Version 1.2.0

- Fixed positioning with resolution changing plugins

- Fixed a bug which changed command icons even on menu's

- Added the possibility to change the window appearance during battle

- You can now use the system with 3, 4 or even more or less Heroes (Results maybe mess up at low resolutions and/or much heroes, play around with it)

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hi! I must say that this plugin is really good! But just one question: Is there a way that you could make it so that the TP bar can be shown properly in battle? Because when I activate the option to show TP in battle in the editor, the bars are positioned in a way that covers the actor's name... :(

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible having the command list window to appear on the left/right sides instead of across the top? 

Nevermind figured it out!

VHStapes

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I love what you're doing with this plugin, it looks great!

Is there a way to change the pictures shown in battle to busts instead of faces? And/or, change where the HP & MP bars are displayed? Right now the HP bar goes through most of my character's eyes, and it looks a little funny. (figured out which line to edit for this, maybe you could make it a plugin parameter in the future?)

Thanks for the awesome work!

EDIT: I'd also be interested in how to either make the labels for the gauges (such as HP and MP) text size smaller, or remove the labels completely and just have the bars.

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
> Is there any way to have the skill/item list window have only 1 column list instead of 2?

> Anyone else having issues where status effects on actors not showing up in combat? Not sure if a bug.

> An Option to hide the command window, when selecting a target.

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Funny thing, i also thought about giving the skill and item Window only 1 column, will be much better for games where you just got a hand full of skills and items

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hi! I must say that this plugin is really good! But just one question: Is there a way that you could make it so that the TP bar can be shown properly in battle? Because when I activate the option to show TP in battle in the editor, the bars are positioned in a way that covers the actor's name... :(

VHStapes

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
EDIT: My bad, nevermind! 

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Great to hear VHStapes :D  

Maybe im going to add an option for this in an further version, dunno how much people are in need of this

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Maybe im going to add an option for this in an further version, dunno how much people are in need of this
That answer was for me, or for VHStapes?

dayhjawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still having issues with status effects now showing up in combat.

Gauze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
N/A
What is allowed or not? can you give a specific Scale?

:barf:

Screenshot_1.png

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Allowed free to use non-commercial and in commercial games - just credit me.

You are also allowed to repost that script as long as you credit me, you are allowed to edit, as long as you credit me.

In short, do what ever you want to this script but credit me x)

terrorchan

Literally a Gloop
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heyo

May seem weird but is there a way to make the base window have a smaller height? By just copying that of the message window or something? I fiddled with the script but to no avail. . . 

mzagIEv.jpg

8gyGP4c.jpg

It ate the battler

Sorry for the half-finished battlers lol

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D
I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?
Another Friday and another Zoom call that could have been an email. Working from home is awesome.
Finished with the semester; finally have some time to play around with MV :kaopride:
Started work on the fishing Mini-Game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toonfreak