McSundae's Tall Sprite Corner - Updated with alot People [18/02/16]

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi guys,
I recently made a huge change in my setup and switched the computer and beside that a
I released a new version of my homepage which corrupted actually all links to the old resources.

However - I reuploaded the most recent resources and put them together:

Last edited:

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Feedback powers activate!!

I'm not a huge fan of tall sprites (I like the RTP chibi ones) but I have got to say those are really good! I dont really like the colour of the second one's hair but I LOVE the forth one's hair colour!

There you go!  BD

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Haha :D Thank you :)

Sure, it depends on your personal taste if you like tall sprites but im happy that the quality is nice for you ;-)

Hair colors, expect the blonde one, are different to rtp since i recolered the hair within photoshop and not with the generator gradients - maybe i have to tweak it a bit 

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Haha :D Thank you :)

Sure, it depends on your personal taste if you like tall sprites but im happy that the quality is nice for you ;-)

Hair colors, expect the blonde one, are different to rtp since i recolered the hair within photoshop and not with the generator gradients - maybe i have to tweak it a bit 
Yeah, I think they're great but my personal preferences makes me not like the second one. But seriously , great job!

topar395

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
 Wow, these are awesome!  I just wish I could do something like that. But I guess that is why there are artist like you and Hiddenone out there, to help us inartistic souls. Thank you McSundae, I really hope more is coming.

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Well this is my first sprite ever - and it wouldn't be possible without hiddenone's template :D

But well yea, i'm actually in need of even more non heroe characters that are probably going to release here ;-)

If wished i can also upload the inquisition set as a bald version - so you can add your own hair, to have more custom guards, im actually doing the same thing for more variation

topar395

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
 That would be great. To add the hair i would use the MV generator or Gimp?

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey topar395,

i added the bald version to my first post.

And yes, sadly you will have to use gimp or photoshop to add the hair. I don't found a way yet to add it probably to the generator

topar395

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks a bunch! I'll give it a shot. If I come up with something that looks worthwhile I'll give you a shout.

Well here is my "attempt".inquisition_RearHair2_p15.pnginquisition_BokouHelmet.png I am new to photo editing but was pretty easy and I think i got everything set right. The hair is TV_RearHair2_p15 and the helmet is from Bokou http://www.mediafire.com/download/s3jcszn6t5lnxyq/AccB_14_-_Metal_Helm.rar

I have another one I think looks better with a helmet from Edward T. but I have not got permission to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Today i started made some basic clothes for people and these sets are the output - that's also the reason that this will become a bigger thread ;-)

See the first post for the pictures

@topar395: Nice To see that you are already using it :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Really good work! I was hoping to see taller sprites for MV. Keep up the good work.

topar395

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Those are really nice. How do we get it to sv_battler form?

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Got more updates, CHO CHO! SPRITE TRAIN :p Look at the first post :D

@topar395: Well, i'm not into that :-( Maybe we can get someone to make some things for the generator that match the outfits

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Time to start using the spoiler tag!

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Sharm: Thanks for the advice, edited my first post

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Feedback powers activate!!

I'm not a huge fan of tall sprites (I like the RTP chibi ones) but I have got to say those are really good! I dont really like the colour of the second one's hair but I LOVE the forth one's hair colour!

There you go!  BD
I agree - great stuff.

Artaios

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
I love this style. 72x48 seems the ideal compromise to me. You have less of a "Chibi" look yet maintain compatibility with most assets. I am using the Inquisitors as reference material as well. I am also editing the base template a bit. I hope to show my edits soon.

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Since christmas is right ahead i also created a santa clause with hiddenone's template and Ilke's Christmas Hats :D

So you will need to credit him as well

McSundae

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey Kloe, happy you like it, but you should download it once again, i updated it right in the second since i forgot the white borders from the pants at some frames :D

Well, it's quite 22 o'clock in germany and it seems i shall quit for today ;-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What do you do when you're your family's resident computer 'expert'...but you are anything but a computer expert?
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To make a game is my real test. To play it is my cause.
6.5 million beers are in need for rescue. I don't drink beer too much, but my Czech heart is sinking. It's just a pity that they priced it so high. At this price nobody is interested.
I couldn't have Taco Bell, so I grabbed a giant piece of strawberry cheesecake instead.
Guys one of our Animal Crossing Villagers (Sherb) just told us that he hoped that the villager who was having her birthday had as memorable of a birthday as his sixth birthday. Which was "the one where the clown went into our house and never came back" and that "his mother says she still sometimes hears the honking in the walls".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jean_Batailleur