First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ME_EquipActor 1.0.0
myenemy

This is another adaptation to MZ

Introduction
I had made a plugin to answer a request where one actor could equip another as a item. Now I am adapting my plugins to MZ.

Features
- Equip one actor (item) to another.

Video

How to Use
In order to make it work, just place <equipActor: x> on any armor or weapon where x is the actorId in the database. Then, equip this item to another different actor while x is on the party. X will leave party and you will equip the item. X will join back when you unequip this item.
You may also use <equipActor: x y> instead, y will be a normal variable to enable so you can check if this equipment is being used, for example, a different y if it's a weapon or a shield.

To install, it's the same as other plugins, place it on your project's folder/js/plugins, then link it in the plugin manager.

Terms of use
- Common:
- Free to use as in money.
- Feel free to modify to redistribute it.
- This plugin comes as is, with no guarantees.
- I'll try to give support about it, but I can't say I will do it for sure.
- Non Commercial:
- No credit required unless you modify it then credit yourself, in other words, no claiming as your own!
- Commercial:
- Give credit me as the author of this plugin, I don't mind if you do so in some scene or some easter egg.
- Report any bugs, incompatibilities and issues with this plugin to me, even if you have someone else fixing them.

Terms of redistribution and disambiguation
- You must include a link to the original RPG Maker Forums Post plugin.
- You can add terms to it, but you can't remove or modify the ones already existent.
- You must follow LGPL 2.1.

Download
https://myenemy.itch.io/mz-equipactor

FAQ

Q: Can I add this tag to every equipable thing?
A: As long as in vanilla it's equipable, yes. You just add the notetag on the weapon, armor, accesory...

Q: What if I have multiple items with the same actor?
A: Your actor will disappear once any of them is equiped, and reappear when any of them is unequiped. Since your actor won't be in party, once you equip the first, you won't be able to equip the second.

Q: Can I equip one actor equiped with an actor? Do buffs stack?
A: Yes you can equip actors equiped with actors to other actors. Buff and stacks are predefined in the editor, so they don't stack.

Stuff I might do some day
- Partial inherited skills (Suggested by SpacemanFive)

Last edited:

AcousticJamm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you/could you make the same for armors and, well, modify this plugin with it? I think this is a cool concept and should not be limited to just weapons.

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did you/could you make the same for armors and, well, modify this plugin with it? I think this is a cool concept and should not be limited to just weapons.
It's for weapons, armors and accesories. I just used weapons in the demo to make it simpler to understand in concept.

AcousticJamm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's for weapons, armors and accesories. I just used weapons in the demo to make it simpler to understand in concept.
Oh damn I didn't notice my bad, but I have another suggestion for a plugin. How about a sacrifice plugin? You could sacrifice one of your actors for a stat boost or items or currency or something like that.

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's a plugin idea. You can suggest it on plugin requests if you want.
The problem from that idea, is that the developer should be able to manage the sacrificed character somehow, and the buff to apply from this, which is really long to develop.
Of course you can always make one with fixed buffs over one fixed target and finish it in one day, but then no one will want it.
It's way easier for the developer just make an engine about it. Before I finally understood rpg maker scripting, as a engineer, I made stuff like that.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This plugin sounds like it could be really useful for making sentient artifacts, as well as "pets" (like with how Mags in Phantasy Star Online work). Thanks for making it!

Would it be possible for equipped actors to not only provide stats, but skills? (Possibly with or without a unique command they could be accessed in?)

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This plugin sounds like it could be really useful for making sentient artifacts, as well as "pets" (like with how Mags in Phantasy Star Online work). Thanks for making it!

Would it be possible for equipped actors to not only provide stats, but skills? (Possibly with or without a unique command they could be accessed in?)
I didn't do anything of that, because it's easy to tweak with the editor, when a piece of gear, you can assign, just like hitrate, skills.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I didn't do anything of that, because it's easy to tweak with the editor, when a piece of gear, you can assign, just like hitrate, skills.
Ah. Sorry, it's been a while, I might have forgotten some functionality. Thanks.
Would it matter if my idea, more specifically, was if the equipped actor could pass on some of *their* skills?

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah. Sorry, it's been a while, I might have forgotten some functionality. Thanks.
Would it matter if my idea, more specifically, was if the equipped actor could pass on some of *their* skills?
Once again, you can choose which to "inherit" on the editor, but I kind of get what you mean. The equiped actor might not have learned this skill yet, and having multiple items and go checking if it's been learn yet or not, whereas it's possible with an engine, it's a annoying to manage with many skills in the list. Once I fix "Optimize" and "Clear", I'll give it a think.

SpacemanFive

Meteor Mage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Once again, you can choose which to "inherit" on the editor, but I kind of get what you mean. The equiped actor might not have learned this skill yet, and having multiple items and go checking if it's been learn yet or not, whereas it's possible with an engine, it's a annoying to manage with many skills in the list. Once I fix "Optimize" and "Clear", I'll give it a think.
Ah, okay. Alright, and I hope the suggestion wasn't too much trouble to mention. Hope further development of this plugin goes well!

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Updated to 1.0.0

I'm touching around to see what can I do to inherit skills.

The problem I don't think I'll be able to solve is removing them later. I can't just save the skills the actors had before equiping, since the actor can level up, use skill books and other add skill commands while it's equiped. Also if the actor were to learn a repeat skill, on removing the item they'd lose that skill...
Let's say Actor1 has "Heal 1" and "Fire 1" learnt, and will pass these down. Actor2 has "Thunder 1", "Ground 1" and "Fire 1".
We equip Actor1 to Actor2, and Actor2 has "Thunder 1", "Ground 1", "Fire 1" and "Heal". So far, so good. But now let's say we need Actor1 back in the party. We unequip, so, Actor2 loses "Heal 1" and Fire 1".
This same issue would happen if Actor2 would learn the skill in the time between Actor1 is equiped and unequiped.

Still did not give up, but it doesn't look good to me.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I thought about Soul Eater!
:MV3:

Good plugin, can give a lot of uniqueness to a game.

MeowCatMeow

Member, what did you expect?
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The plugin is incompatible with "Items and Equips Core" by VisuStella. It's a shame because I really enjoy the new look of "Items and Equips Core", but can't use both plugins at the same time. I did mess around with it a bit and I have to say your plugin and has loads of useful possibilities! If I want to add a system like the one you have created and keep VisuStella's plugin I'll have to do a lot of experimenting though. It's hard without being able to see what exactly in the script is causing the problem, but I'll try my best to figure it out on my end. Thank you for the plugin with so many possibilities!

Edit: Without any other plugins enabled, I get a separate error message whenever I attempt to unequip any weapon from an actor. The error reads: "TypeError
Cannot read property '2' of null".

Edit 2: When I re-downloaded the file to see if it had been updated and if so look at the new source code, I found all problems spoken about previously no longer existed in the new update. It seems I was just using an outdated version of the plugin. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!
Doing RPG Maker News for 21st September 2021

Malak is still waiting for Dark Deception Chapter 4... This was him yesterday after another sugar crash.
Again, he's fine. He's just bored at this point, considering he's exhausted his entire vacation bucket list.
Am I the only one who files custom resources under specific folders to remember who to credit? :kaoswt2:
1632263519730.png
I always smile to myself when I see someone do the "immediate halt and spin around" from forgetting something. I find it sort of endearing how we all do it without ever being taught to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ratbyte