- Jan 17, 2014
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Generate actors with randomized stats!
- Create mercenaries or different types of actors with stats randomized!
This is my first extension plugin, for ME_CopyActor. With this, you can create multiple actors copying from a original one, but the stats are randomized upon creation. I took inspiration from something you will certainly notice in the demo, a saga where you collect monsters and they don't always share the same stats even at the same level. This is not so amazing, but it's way simpler to manage, and understand for the new player.
- Found a couple of possible bugs and cleaned them
- Now the plugin accepts game variables, just add any letter to the command, for example: O9 will check variable number 9. This is accepted both in IDs and stats.
- Now the plugin accepts percentajes, just add a % symbol into the number, for example, 30% min hp will check the original actor's Max HP, and consider it the lowest. You can mix this with a ingame variable, for example, J4% will check variable number 4, and use it as a percentage of that stat.
- Added one more command to generate with customs parameters, which doesn' t default to 0, but to the plugin parameters.
How to Use
Add the plugin to <project folder>/js/plugins , do the same with ME_CopyActor (MZ version).
Add them both to the editor, but make sure InstanceActors is below CopyActor.
There's not much to do from here.
You can set default settings to generate in the plugin parameters when you use the plugin command "Generate Actor", it just needs the original actor, and where to place it, or, you can use "Generate custom actor" to choose directly.
Values can be lower or higher than the original values.
- Free to use as in money.
- Feel free to modify to redistribute it.
- This plugin comes as is, with no guarantees.
- I'll try to give support about it, but I can't say I will do it for sure.
- No credit required unless you modify it then credit yourself, in other words, no claiming as your own!
- Give credit me as the author of this plugin, I don't mind if you do so in some scene or some easter egg.
- Report any bugs, incompatibilities and issues with this plugin to me, even if you have someone else fixing them. (This thread, private message, github...)