- Jan 17, 2014
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
A plugin to return to where you teleported from.
- Teleport to dynamic dungeons being able to teleport back to the entrance!
- Make "Castle in a bottle" items and events like FE: Fates "My castle"!
In many videogames, there's a hub world you can return just almost at any time then go back to where you were. Some let you place camps and rest... others have a small town you grow up over time... and many have dungeons like Mystery Dungeon (Not pokémon ones, though) games, warp you into a random place in the dungeon, then you find the exit to the place where you were before entering. Also, Animal crossing games, set houses in random places but still you walk out from the same spot you went in!
Most of it is doable with default rpg maker editors, but you need to use a lot of variables and keep them sorted in order to be able to return to where you were before, and keeping a parallel process checking the player position can be laggy in some devices!
That's what my plugin is for. You only need to use it instead transfer player when you want it the spot be saved for when the player goes out!
How to Use
Add the plugin to <project folder>/js/plugins .
Then, use the plugin command "Transfer" instead normal transfer player from editor. The command works just like the editor one, just without the graphic interface.
When you want to return where you used this command, use the "Return" command!
- Free to use as in money.
- Feel free to modify to redistribute it.
- This plugin comes as is, with no guarantees.
- I'll try to give support about it, but I can't say I will do it for sure.
- No credit required unless you modify it then credit yourself, in other words, no claiming as your own!
- Give credit me as the author of this plugin, I don't mind if you do so in some scene or some easter egg.
- Report any bugs, incompatibilities and issues with this plugin to me, even if you have someone else fixing them. (This thread, private message, github...)
https://github.com/REALmyenemy/MEMZ_LastDoor/releases/tag/1.1.0 (Actual demo and plugin)
https://github.com/REALmyenemy/MEMZ_LastDoor/releases/tag/1.1.0b (The demo in the video)