First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MechaGS's Splash Screen Plugin
Started 21st August 2020 @ 9:36pm
Updated 22nd August 2020 @ 9:24am

Features:
A very simple plugin for showing images before your game starts with the ability for the player to skip on pressing their OK button or mouse clicking.

It is based on a MV plugin I made myself but didn't release due to there being many options for Splash Screens at the time.

You can change:
- The number of images to be shown
- The duration (in frames) of each image on screen
- The duration of the fade in and fade out (in frames) of each image

Video:

How to use:
1. Download the MechaGS_3_SplashScreens.js file from my Github
2. Name your images (Splash_X with X being a number from 0 to however many you want) and place them in img > titles2
3. Add the plugin via Tools > Plugins near the bottom of your list, it's a hierarchy tier 3 as it does modify the Scene Base a little bit
4. Edit the parameters of the plugin to include how many images you intend to show, image duration, etc and enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
The plugin should be pretty self explanatory but I will help where I can if issues arise. I've not ran into any incompatibility issues yet with other plugins (such as Visustella's).

If you are having issues, please provide me instructions of how to re-create the issue (or make a new project showcasing) or show screenshots / video where needed.

Terms of Use:
This plugin is free to use, modify and redistribute under these conditions:-
1. None of the original plugin header is removed.
2. Credit is given to MechaGS for the original work.

Thanks!
A big thank you for choosing to use my plugin, hopefully I release many more in future. If you have any suggestions, feedback or have ideas for additional features then please tell me below!

Hope you enjoy RMMZ, I'm having fun!

Last edited:

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes!! I've been waiting for this kind of plugin! Thank you for your hardwork!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS