First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MechaGS's Splash Screen Plugin
Started 21st August 2020 @ 9:36pm
Updated 22nd August 2020 @ 9:24am

Features:
A very simple plugin for showing images before your game starts with the ability for the player to skip on pressing their OK button or mouse clicking.

It is based on a MV plugin I made myself but didn't release due to there being many options for Splash Screens at the time.

You can change:
- The number of images to be shown
- The duration (in frames) of each image on screen
- The duration of the fade in and fade out (in frames) of each image

Video:

How to use:
1. Download the MechaGS_3_SplashScreens.js file from my Github
2. Name your images (Splash_X with X being a number from 0 to however many you want) and place them in img > titles2
3. Add the plugin via Tools > Plugins near the bottom of your list, it's a hierarchy tier 3 as it does modify the Scene Base a little bit
4. Edit the parameters of the plugin to include how many images you intend to show, image duration, etc and enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
The plugin should be pretty self explanatory but I will help where I can if issues arise. I've not ran into any incompatibility issues yet with other plugins (such as Visustella's).

If you are having issues, please provide me instructions of how to re-create the issue (or make a new project showcasing) or show screenshots / video where needed.

Terms of Use:
This plugin is free to use, modify and redistribute under these conditions:-
1. None of the original plugin header is removed.
2. Credit is given to MechaGS for the original work.

Thanks!
A big thank you for choosing to use my plugin, hopefully I release many more in future. If you have any suggestions, feedback or have ideas for additional features then please tell me below!

Hope you enjoy RMMZ, I'm having fun!

Last edited:

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes!! I've been waiting for this kind of plugin! Thank you for your hardwork!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would it be possible for you to add the ability to have the title music start with the first splash screen, rather than waiting until the title screen?

Thank you.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@BloodletterQ You are a star!
I've put it in and it works perfectly.
Thank you so much for this. tbh, I was surprised that no one had done this for MZ when it was freely available for Ace. I suppose no one else but me wanted it.

But now I'm a happy ignoramus, instead of a frustrated one.

Once again, thank you very much. Your help is greatly appreciated.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's never any trouble at all. Been on a base script modding phase lately anyways. Might be good to take a peep at other code and see if I'm able to discover anything neat.

Heck, if you're skipping on a vehicle, you would even be able to choose a separate theme for the splash screen. Likewise, choose an ME for the one slot in Systems you're not using.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

What is a thing you like to see in RPGs?
Well, I hope things go well tomorrow. I think I might be coming down with a cold, so gonna warm up some chicken soup and sleep.
Status too sad. Pls delete, mods. Thanks.
The most important thing to design your game for is fun. If a game isn't fun, why would anyone want to play it? Well, that and "can you play the game?". Anything else is incidental.
I just realized that I have been on this site for nearly 1/3 of my life...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkeymanriley14