Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just purchased my copy!
Thank you so much! I'm honored- I sincerely hope you enjoy it. :)

OH MY GOSH WAIT WAIT WAIT I JUST REALIZED- DON'T PLAY IT YET- I'm updating now- planned to update tomorrow since I didn't think anyone would buy it in the 12-hour period, but you just did, so I'm updating now- it's very, very minor, but a few screens have been cleaned up & one enemy has been redesigned to be easier to see after I received feedback saying that it was hard to discern characters against the background in some scenes.

OK, it's updated!

Changelog for posterity:
-Monocular Sentry enemy has been completely redesigned
-2 screens in the first chapter have been changed to make the background darker.

If you have any opinions on the game, please tell me and I'll change it according to your feedback in a timely fashion.

Thanks again!

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem. I got an email about the update so I’m all caught up!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No problem. I got an email about the update so I’m all caught up!
Glad to know that itch.io's email function works!

Thank you again, and I hope you enjoy the game. :)

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Here's a little demo for everyone...

The two enemies here- the Axe Enforcer (red) and the Blade Enforcer (orange)- were actually some of the first characters to appear in MechScape. They're the two antagonistic robots who appeared in Chapter 1, but as you might've noticed, the player never actually gets to battle them- that's because I was saving that for the DLC. :D The Security Robot wasn't able to defeat them- but our new protagonist certainly seems up to the task. (If you pay very, very close attention to MechScape's story, you might have a certain question regarding why these characters are fighting... But there is a reason for that. :)

Feedback is appreciated as always, and there's more to come!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Here's a new enemy design- very raw at the moment, literally no "clean-up" work:

Laser Enforcer
This model of robot was originally designed for metalworking, but after being infected by the Virus, it turned its lasers against humanity. Its specialty is elemental shots- take it out before it hits you with an element you're weak to!

Designing this one was interesting- the original two Enforcer designs were done a number of years ago, so I essentially had to match my earlier, rawer style. I like to think that I've improved since then, but I still really like the simplicity of these early designs. I did a few test animations with the model- honestly, I'm pretty proud of how they turned out- can't wait to show them off later.

More to come!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
The new design's been animated-

Very happy with how this one turned out. There's a bit of lag, but nothing I can't take care of.

More to come!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Another new enemy, fully animated:

Wheel-Bot
These strength-sapping speedsters were originally built as couriers. The weakening light that emanates from their faces was meant to wear down and remove obstacles in the Wheel-Bots' path, but they now use it to wear down the defenses of opposing robots. They also possess the ability to hear their allies- take them out before they do so!

Feedback is always appreciated! More to come!

eluukkanen

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
UPDATE!
Another new enemy, fully animated:

Wheel-Bot
These strength-sapping speedsters were originally built as couriers. The weakening light that emanates from their faces was meant to wear down and remove obstacles in the Wheel-Bots' path, but they now use it to wear down the defenses of opposing robots. They also possess the ability to hear their allies- take them out before they do so!

Feedback is always appreciated! More to come!
Bit interesting animations. They are blocky, but I cannot really animated myself so I cannot really say anything on that.
Seems like they are dancing :kaojoy:

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bit interesting animations. They are blocky, but I cannot really animated myself so I cannot really say anything on that.
Seems like they are dancing :kaojoy:
Thank you! The blockiness is on purpose, actually- the whole game is designed as if it was made in the late 90s/early 2000s- the Nintendo 64/PlayStation era. Everything from the graphics to the animation to the writing style is a recreation of the games of this era.

You're actually the second person to say that they look like they're dancing- it was sort of intentional. They're robots, so they're supposed to be moving in a sort of mechanical rhythm- if you look at, say, Disney anamatronics, they look like they're moving realistically, but if you examine them closely they're actually moving in a set pattern. Combined with the music, I definitely see how that rhythm could be interpreted as dancing.

Thank you for commenting!

eluukkanen

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ah okay, it makes sense! They do look nintentdo 64-ish!

Keep it up!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Here's another new enemy...
Marine-Bot
This seafaring menace originally designed as a submersible research drone was modified for combat by an unknown party. Now equipped with lasers, it attacks anyone who enters its designated territory. Although chiefly resembling an old-styled submarine, lobster-like features were added to the model in an effort to make it look more friendly after an incident where onlookers were frightened by a Marine-Bot unit analyzing a popular lake.

I'm actually pretty proud of this one- I watched a lot of videos of both submarines & lobsters to animate it, and I think it came out pretty good.

More to come!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Here's a render of a new enemy-

More to come!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Here's a demo video for the anglerfish enemy...

(Anglerfish move rather irregularly, still one moment and lunging after its prey the next. Don't know how well I captured the movements of an actual anglerfish, but here it is.)

Comments & feedback are much appreciated! More to come!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This DLC seems a lot more impressive than the base game on a technical level. I can tell you are having a blast developing it. I think the anglerfish looks great, only, I wish it'd turn equal amounts to the left during its idle animation. Right now, it turns to the right much more and it's throwing me off.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This DLC seems a lot more impressive than the base game on a technical level. I can tell you are having a blast developing it. I think the anglerfish looks great, only, I wish it'd turn equal amounts to the left during its idle animation. Right now, it turns to the right much more and it's throwing me off.
Oh, you're totally right. I'll fix that. I don't know how that happened- I thought I input equal amounts of horizontal rotation, but something must've gotten messed up when I did the vertical rotation.

Thanks for your comment! :)

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Next enemy:
The head's a homage to an old Spider-Man cartoon involving an alien from Pluto with a strangely cube-shaped head, before anyone asks. (I know it's strange design choice, but... eh. I had a note reading "ice creature" in my idea list, and I instantly thought of the Spider-Man creature. Whether that was on my mind when I wrote the note down, I don't know, but I threw in the homage. I can never resist a homage.) The name's temporary- just until I come up with a better one.

And the Angerfish is fixed (sort of)- the problem @Biestmann pointed out is technically fixed, but I had to remove the left-to-right rotation altogether for technical reasons. I already had the dimensions of the model inputted into the camera, so changing them would mean redoing the entire spritesheet- I simply made the Anglerfish move its head right-to-center instead, removing the left-facing motion. You'll notice it's also been given a name.

Does it look better?

More to come!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks better for sure! I like the IceBot too!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Here's some enemies you might recognize from the base game...

But they're now fully animated.

More to come!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Gosh... Today seems too much like a good day to do nothing....

I need to keep myself focused...! :kaoback:
javascript'ing essentials.

So, what can I do solve this problem, guys? The plugin is MOG_Weather and I have several Yanfly plugins too.
This little brat (my nephew) just invent a new way of enjoying his orange juice by pouring it inside of used perfume bottle and sprayed it to his mouth...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinzBandicoot