Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like all of these different mechanics you are implementing. Seems stages will be quite varied!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like all of these different mechanics you are implementing. Seems stages will be quite varied!
Yup, that's the plan! Just from my own experience playing games like this, it's just so boring when you progress from stage to stage and they're all the same gameplay experience. That's why I've tried to switch it up every time.

Thanks so much for your support of the game!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if this is planned, but a final or extra stage incorporating all mechanics at once to test the player's skill would be quite amazing!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if this is planned, but a final or extra stage incorporating all mechanics at once to test the player's skill would be quite amazing!
All mechanics at once, hmm...?

Well, the extra stages have not yet been drawn up... This can easily be the concept behind the more difficult ones.

Thanks so much for that- it may very well end up being a thing. :)

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Minor Update
Nothing to actually... show today (it'd be just random screenshots that don't really show anything new), but Stage 3 is exactly 1/3 of the way done now. Again, this one is massive. 25 BIG maps- a true final challenge. :)

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

No real update today, but I'm going back-and-forth on a gameplay decision- if you recall, in the base game I included an option to view info on enemies- the Analyze system- after getting feedback that it was difficult to discern which ability would be the best to copy at any given moment.

I wanted to ask you, the players: considering that this DLC campaign does not contain the Copy system... Would you still think the Analyze system is something worth including? Or would it make the game too easy if info about enemies was fed to you?

Thanks so much for your support, everyone!!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the ability is worth keeping if it shows information that allows the player to make more effective choices against that particular enemy. Even just knowing the enemy's options in combat can help inform one's strategy after all. And players that choose not to use the system are not really punished for it either.

If we consider just the setting, I believe the system is a nice fit as well. I don't see a reason to remove it, really.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think the ability is worth keeping if it shows information that allows the player to make more effective choices against that particular enemy. Even just knowing the enemy's options in combat can help inform one's strategy after all. And players that choose not to use the system are not really punished for it either.

If we consider just the setting, I believe the system is a nice fit as well. I don't see a reason to remove it, really.
I see. The reason I asked was that I did get (comparatively very few) complaints that the system did "reduce difficulty." I was definitely leaning towards keeping it in a big way for the reasons you just stated- I'll do so, then.

Thanks so much for your quick response & all your support thus far!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small update- 16/25 maps done now.

Progress is being made, slowly but surely. :)

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Finally, all the maps for the campaign are done!! (Oh, thank goodness. :guffaw:)

So that essentially completes the game's "skeleton"'/basic framework. What still needs to be done is- and I write them as much for myself as for everyone else:

-Extra/challenge maps
-Visual effects (background details, animations on parallax & battle BGs)
-Menus (upgrade menu, details on party select menu, stage choosing menu)
-Story art
-Title screen
-Analyze texts
-Maybe new tile-sets, not sure yet

So it's coming along smoothly! More to come!

Last edited:

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations on reaching this milestone! I am excited to see your progress moving forward, and give feedback as well of course. With the framework done, your game should be shaping up wonderfully with every improvement made to the visuals from this point on.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations on reaching this milestone! I am excited to see your progress moving forward, and give feedback as well of course. With the framework done, your game should be shaping up wonderfully with every improvement made to the visuals from this point on.
Your support means so much- the game simply wouldn't have gotten to this point without your support & feedback!

I truly hope so- having the framework done is great. Now for the hard part- slaving over Blender for 1000s of hours. :guffaw:

Thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.
Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o
I am starting to enjoy writing. I never thought I would enjoy it since my dyslexia was holding me back so much.
Thanks to the community here :)
For those interested chapter 2 and 3 are available to read here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthNinjus