MechScape- "EARLY BIRD PRICE" IN EFFECT| VERSION 1.2 RELEASED 1-31-20 | DLC IN DEVELOPMENT

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The text is a lot more pleasant to read like this, not to mention the box doesn't take away your focus from the scene itself. Excited to see all the other improvements!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The text is a lot more pleasant to read like this, not to mention the box doesn't take away your focus from the scene itself. Excited to see all the other improvements!
Thank you! You've been telling me to change the default windowskin from pretty much the beginning- it was me who foolishly didn't. This improvement is thanks to you.

Thank you for supporting the game!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Hi everyone- here's a demo video for the new "rest areas..."

Here's a comprehensive list of the improvements that'll be in version 1.2 (for your information & for my not-forgetting :guffaw:)
-As you can see in the video, the RTP "gold" icon in the Combine Data screen is removed. (IMPLEMENTED)
-The default windowskin's contrast is reduced. (IMPLEMENTED)
-A rest area like the one in the video will be implemented for Chapters 2 through 4- I don't want to overload players with info by adding one in Chapter 1. (TO BE DONE)
-Add a "running stage" into Chapter 1, so there's more interactivity right off the bat. (TO BE DONE)

-IF THERE AREN'T ANY PLUGIN INCOMPATIBILITIES: Change the design of the save screen. It's the only "stock RPG Maker" thing left, so I want to edit it a bit.

I know I said I'd change the battle transition effect before, but the plugin doesn't work with another plugin in the project, so I had to abandon that idea.

(Ah, and- for both your info & my remembering to do it, as I said- I really need to do a cover for the comic version. I do plan to publish a .pdf/similar file-format version of the comic at some point so it can be read all at once without having to click the "next page" button 36 times. So look forward to some cover art at some point.)

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to implement while I'm at this!

More to come!!

Last edited:

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VERSION 1.2 RELEASED!!

Thanks to all the amazing feedback I've received from the community, MechScape has been updated to be even better!

Here's a list of the changes in Version 1.2:

-The RTP "gold" icon in the Combine Data screen has been removed- this was a simple mistake that had been left in by accident. The icon should've never been there in any released version- and now it isn't.

-The default windowskin's contrast has been reduced to increase the text's readability. (This was a highly requested change. Before this could be accomplished through the option's screen, but now it's there by default. You can still change the windowskin to be brighter in the options screen, so don't worry if you liked the old windowskin- it's still there.)

-A "rest area" has been implemented for Chapters 2 through 4. In these areas, the player can Synthesize the Skills they've obtained into stronger ones, save their game, talk to the characters accompanying you, and even abandon a Chapter and even abandon a mission in progress and go back to the Lab screen (this wasn't possible before).

-You can now access the Lab screen before starting Chapter 2.

-A "running stage" has been added to Chapter 1, so there's more interactivity right off the bat.

-The design of the "Save" screen has been changed to be more "in-theme-" it's now a "datafile manager," a futuristic device used by robots to record their actions.

In other news, a downloadable demo has been added to the game's itch page. There was an online demo before, but there were technical difficulties with it, so the demo is now downloadable instead. Try the game out at the link below!!

You can download the new version on the game's itch page.

As a reminder, the $4.99 "early bird price" is still in effect- as soon as release the game's DLC, this price is G-O-N-E gone, so grab the game at this discounted price while you can!!

Please let me know what you think of it- your amazing feedback is what made Version 1.2 possible!

More to come!!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Back to working on the DLC...
The Battle BG for the first stage I had before wasn't displaying correctly, so I made a new one...

If anyone has questions/comments/feedback about Version 1.2 of the base game, I'd love to hear them!

More to come!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Here's the parallax background for Stage 2...

It's very abstract (...as if everything I draw isn't :guffaw:), but I promise it makes total sense in context.

More to come!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!
Here's the Battle BG that goes with the parallax I posted last time...

More to come!

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the new background in particular! Gives me some heavy Space Channel 5 or general Dreamcast game vibe.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like the new background in particular! Gives me some heavy Space Channel 5 or general Dreamcast game vibe.
Oh, really? That's the era I'm aiming for, so that's good to hear! I didn't actually reference a game for this one- I referenced my other great influence, classic comic book art- specifically the original "alternate dimension" backgrounds in Doctor Strange.

Thank you for your support!

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

Development has been slightly delayed due to me not feeling well. It will resume... whenever I feel better. So no update today, unfortunately. But I didn't want to break my schedule, so... I'm posting this message to let everyone know.

I'll update again whenever I feel better & have something to show.

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone,

Development has been slightly delayed due to me not feeling well. It will resume... whenever I feel better. So no update today, unfortunately. But I didn't want to break my schedule, so... I'm posting this message to let everyone know.

I'll update again whenever I feel better & have something to show.
Hope you feel better soon! Health always comes first, so good on you for taking some time off to recover. I'll be awaiting your next update, whenever that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jloppnow