RMMV MechScape- RELEASING SOON!

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by MechScapeZH, Mar 25, 2019.

1. MechScapeZH

MechScapeZH Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE!
    Still working...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Getting closer to finishing the art- the end is in sight (thank goodness:guffaw:).

More to come.

Biestmann likes this.
  2. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE!
    More panels... This is getting repetitive... :guffaw:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going to start adding dialogue to the art soon.

More to come.

Biestmann likes this.
  3. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE!
    I think this'll be one of the last panels I post before I release the full comic. Depends on how fast I work. The art is done! Just the dialogue needs to be added.

[​IMG]

More to come!

Biestmann likes this.
  4. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE!
    OK, I've finally started on the pages...

[​IMG]

This hasn't been edited at all yet- the final version might be identical to this, or it might be completely different. I'm not sure yet.

More to come!

Biestmann likes this.
  5. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    GIANT, GIANT UPDATE!
    The comic's been finished!!! (Finally! Took me two years.) You can read it from beginning to end here or jump straight to the final chapter here if you read the three I posted before.

The final chapter is still a draft, though, as far as I'm concerned. (I have a terrible track record when it comes to editing my own work.) So if everyone could possibly give the comic a read and give feedback, it would be much appreciated.

(Anyone who does gets in the credits! :))

Much, much more to come!

Canini and Biestmann like this.
  6. lianderson

lianderson Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Game looks interesting. Keep doing what you're doing.

Biestmann and MechScapeZH like this.
  7. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! I plan to. :)

Biestmann likes this.
  8. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE!
    Working on enemy designs... This one's a bit different than those I've done in the past.

[​IMG]
    ARMORED WALKER
    "A heavily fortified virus that's tough to destroy directly. The twin cannons on its back fire energy blasts that hack a robot's systems."

More to come.

Biestmann likes this.
  9. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE!
    Another enemy design...

[​IMG]
    "If you're not careful when facing this virus, you'll end up as its prey. The Mechantis can fire a Yellow-aligned laser and use its BreakerProg to get to you even if you have a barrier's protection. Try to take it out quickly- if you don't, it might put up a barrier of its own. However, since the creature will seal your Skills as soon as it spots you, you may have to defend for a bit if you want to copy its abilities.

This malevolent mantis' Skills are as follows:
    LASER[YELLOW]
    Extremely fast YELLOW-element laser. Has a 50% chance of causing Hacked[Yellow].

CORRECTION
    Recovers varying amounts of energy and creates a 100 point barrier.

SEAL[COPY]
    Deactivates Copy abilities temporarily.

BREAKERPROG
    Program that breaks through a hostile's shielding routines."

More to come!

Biestmann likes this.
  10. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    IMPORTANT UPDATE!
    First, an enemy design... You might remember this one from the end of the last demo...

[​IMG]
    "GLADIATOR ENFORCER
    These foot soldiers were at the forefront of the Virus’ army during the takeover of Earth. Their powers are reduced in Cyberspace, though- you should be able to destroy them. The Enforcers can drain your Energy and shock you with an electrically charged sphere, but their most-used Skill puts them at a disadvantage- as their Skill Energy diminishes, so does the power of their DigiStrike. Apparently, strategy isn’t their strong suit.

These gruesome gladiators’ Skills are as follows:
    DIGISTRIKE
    BLUE-aligned burst. Does damage close to your remaining Skill Energy X 5.
    DIGIDRAIN
    Drains half of your maximum Energy from a hostile and restores it to you.
    DIGIJOLT
    YELLOW-aligned energy jolt. Slow and costly, but powerful."

Also: I am now accepting submissions for the comic's letters page- this page may also be included in the game if I find a good place to put it.

I have said since I was very young that if I ever had a comic, it would have a letters page. This is something I've always wanted since I read my first Marvel comics- I enjoyed reading the editor (be it Stan Lee, Jim Shooter, or another of the many people who have edited over the years) communicate with their readers almost as much as the stories themselves! Besides, it's a great way to get everyone's opinions on my work. (A lot of comic writers do this on Facebook/Twitter/whatever these days, but I will never, ever be on those for various reasons, so I'm doing this instead- that's another reason. Besides, MechScape is 90s-styled, and they didn't really use the internet back then. It's authentic. :))

So, here's how I'll be doing this: since this is the only place I've really posted MechScape, I'll be accepting responses through this forum. Either post in this thread or send a message through Conversations- either is fine.

As a disclaimer: I have limited page space since I do intend to print this physically someday and I'd like to keep the letters page in that version as well. Depending on how many submissions are made and when I receive them, I may have to either edit (in length, not in content- your words will remain identical, but some of your letter may be deleted for space reasons) or cut some submissions. I'm not expecting this to happen per se, but I thought it'd be better to add this just in case.

The submission period will end when I get enough letters to fill up two pages. When that happens, I'll post in this thread.

Thanks! I can't wait to see what you send in! :)

11. Biestmann

Biestmann Heaven's Height Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd be interested in submitting such a letter, but I admit I am not quite sure what those look like or include. I was never one to read newspapers that much! Could you elaborate a little?

MechScapeZH likes this.
  12. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, thanks! Great!

Letters in things like this aren't really formatted per se. It really depends on who's writing & who's editing. I think it's best to give some examples-

[​IMG]
    Here's a vintage Marvel Comics letters page from 1963- most editors in comics today use this classic format- the letter is printed in full (or as full as space allows), then the editor responds.

[​IMG]
    Here's an example from the 2011 Mega Man comic- I was always fond of how the editor (whose name I sadly don't know) responded to each part of the letter individually, even if it meant he would respond to less letters total. If I end up being lazy, I'll do this. :guffaw:

[​IMG]
    Here's a modern Marvel Comics one from writer Johnathan Hickman (one of my favorites!). He has the characters respond to the letters, although he interjects his own comments- I may or may not copy this, depending on if I decide to "borrow" from Mr. Hickman or not. :guffaw: It's really fun to hear the characters interacting with the readers..

Thank you so much for your continued interest- it really means a lot. :) You can count on my support for your game as well.

Biestmann likes this.
  13. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I get it now. I'll be whipping something up. I'll try play your demo to that end as well.

MechScapeZH likes this.
  14. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing your thoughts. :)

Biestmann likes this.
  15. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE!
    Here's another enemy from Chapter 3.

[​IMG]

I don't have a writeup for this yet since I injured myself this week (long story) & was pretty much out for a few days.

As a reminder, I am still accepting letters- see my post above.

Sorry today's update is so brief- more to come!

Biestmann likes this.
  16. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    As you know I am currently re-reading Sonic the Comic, which has a letter-page much like the one you describe. This inspired me to write a letter as a young fan to one of the characters.

Hi Security-Bot! I just read the first two issues and I really liked it. I don´t know if you can´t reply since you don´t talk but what do you think of Dr Enigma? I hope that he can help you and that he is not secretly with the viruses. He seems a bit weird...I think for your next adventure you should go to the virus king's homebase to find out if it has any weaknesses. Good luck!

Biestmann and MechScapeZH like this.
  17. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ...Wow. This is incredible- thank you so much.

The only thing that gives me pause is that it was written "in a character-" (although it's a perfect representation of how young children wrote to comics) I think I'll include that information when I publish it.

This is exactly the kind of creative submission I hoped to get when I opened up letters- thank you!

Biestmann and Canini like this.
  18. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    UPDATE!
    Here's an enemy from Chapter 4.

[​IMG]
    Specter
    A nightmarish vision from the past.

[FURTHER DATA NOT AVAILABLE]

(...I'm not going to spoil this one. :D Of course, if you read the comic, you might catch it in the background... It's kind of already spoiled. :guffaw: If you want to know what's going on with this thing, you might be able to glean some info by reading the comic.)

More to come, as always.

Biestmann likes this.
  19. Biestmann

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, MechScape certainly is as charming as it is deadly. And SecurityBot just is too adorable! Below's the letter as I promised:

Canini and MechScapeZH like this.
  20. MechScapeZH

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This is amazing- thank you for all your support.

I actually already have an answer for this... I didn't have an answer ready for @Canini's, but this I thought about. :)

Thank you!