OscarSouth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! I just picked up the 'Medieval Graphics' Bundle on Steam, and I noticed there's a separate 'Medieval Expansion' which is not part of the bundle. Could anyone run over the differences/relationship between these different products?

Cheers!
Oscar

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sure, it's 520+ more medieval items with a huge focus on buildings. There are 273 premade buildings, and 145 castle pieces. Besides the building stuff there are 69 trees, 16 fences, 4 spritesheets of town objects, and 32 ground decals.

Honestly it's one of my favorite of the expansions because the premade buildings look really cool, and require basically the least effort to add to your game. :LZSwink:

OscarSouth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure, it's 520+ more medieval items with a huge focus on buildings. There are 273 premade buildings, and 145 castle pieces. Besides the building stuff there are 69 trees, 16 fences, 4 spritesheets of town objects, and 32 ground decals.

Honestly it's one of my favorite of the expansions because the premade buildings look really cool, and require basically the least effort to add to your game. :LZSwink:

Cheers! So there's no overlap as such? Both the bundle and the 'Expansion' set are complimentary and both add extra materials to the larger pool?

I've not really gotten started building yet aside from watching a rake of tutorials on youtube, so I don't know what I'm missing (or not missing) graphics wise from the 10 packs that I already have -- it'll probably take me a while to figure that out. My main focus is on creating an interactive 'vessel' for my music compositions, so I'm hoping that I can cover most/all of my graphics needs with these packs and allow me to focus more on the music/narrative elements.

With this in mind, would you suggest that I also pick up the 'Expansion' pack?

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nah, none of the packs overlap. It's all just pieces of the massive collection of PVGames assets, currently the patrons have 68,000+ files (I haven't even unzipped all the packs).

As for if you should buy it, I usually just recommend people become his patron because you get way more. But if you're not into that, it's a fantastic pack if you're going to build cities like in say Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc... So if your musical compositions would fit that, then I'd recommend it.

OscarSouth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nah, none of the packs overlap. It's all just pieces of the massive collection of PVGames assets, currently the patrons have 68,000+ files (I haven't even unzipped all the packs).

As for if you should buy it, I usually just recommend people become his patron because you get way more. But if you're not into that, it's a fantastic pack if you're going to build cities like in say Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc... So if your musical compositions would fit that, then I'd recommend it.

Thank you! I was a huge fan of Ultima Online and also loved Neverwinter Nights, so I'm sure I'm going to love it. Cheers!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I can't decide if writing invoices is satisfying or annoying...
What has two thumbs and just put up the latest Jump into Javascript? *points at self* this guy!
Me: I just want to sit and work on my game all day everyday! Shiny code! Shiny graphics! Yay! :LZSexcite:
Other people: What if we give you money not to?
Me: :kaoswt:
//Long pause...

Me: You've won this day foul temptress! :kaolivid:
Wow. Doing a kickstarter page takes much longer than I expected. It looks so simple, yet takes so many hours to get right.
Ami
my Unfinished Work are Placed in Abandoned Project Folder (Maybe Unfinished Project Folder) & Making the new Work (still same but different in some aspect,i pick anything from my Previous Work)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtotehZ