Medieval: High Seas (Early Look)

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

I am still working on the Underdeep, but after the IGMC I am in need of recharging my batteries a bit and staring at the cavern stuff was making me go cross-eyed. I wanted to remain productive though so I began work on the High Seas set, since ships are very important! Man, what a pain in the ass it is to make ships!

This ship is in 2 layers. The bottom layer is the deck that you can set up with passability and what not, and include other objects on it if you want. The top layer is the masts, sails, rigging, etc (even the southern stairway railing so you can easily walk up and down the stairs). That way you can have your characters move around beneath the larger masts and sails and whatnot.

This set will include the ship (no clue if I will make more than one type considering how f-in long it takes), as well as beach/tropical resources and, of course... PIRATES! Pirate clothing, pirate items, maybe a skull cave, who knows! I might throw in a sea creature or two as well.

At any rate, I will soon return my focus back to the Underdeep to finish that up. I really have no idea what else to add to it, which is what is making me feel unproductive, so I might end up focusing more on the character-creation content than the tiles since there are really only so many stalagmite formations you can make.

2. The Stranger

The Stranger A Faceless Friend

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    OMG!

The ship looks fantastic. Can we have frilly shirts, frock coats, and a cutlass for the clothing, please? :LZSsmile:

It's great that you're working on this pack, now. Does that mean you've finished the orc\underground one?

BloodletterQ likes this.
  3. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    He's taking a break from it.

This pack has me really excited and I think your last scene of Unsung Heroes hinted at this being worked on.

4. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This looks fantastic! I hope you'll consider making interior tiles so we can map the captain's quarters, galley, storage hold, crew bunks, etc.

5. SimProse

SimProse Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would love more character creation content. We already have lots of cave and dungeon stuff from you and other sources, but little variety of character creations stuff.

futrchamp likes this.
  6. Phantasie

Phantasie Veteran

Wow! Great stuff!

@Jesse - PVGames - Suggestions
    1. Add a scaled down, but more importantly, animated 4 or 8 way + idle for the ship so we can use it for overworld maps.
    2. If possible, release Underdeep in two parts. If youre feeling de-motivated with it, it might help to get it out to people to see what they make, give feedback, then follow up with part 2!

7. Phantasie

Phantasie Veteran

What "other sources" are you talking about? I've never found any other resources that are really compatible with Jesse's stuff. Even his older stuff dosent work - resolution is low, its a different tile size and its a darker/grittier.

If you have found other resources that work reasonably well, I'd love to know where to get them!

8. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Phantasie I think @SimProse might have been talking about the older packs. You can upscale a few things without sacrificing too much quality, and other things can be used as is by grace of their sheer size, but most of the old stuff doesn't look all that great when upscaled. Caves and dungeons are fairly important, imo.

9. Phantasie

Phantasie Veteran

I agree with you! I've certainly used/up scaled some older resources, but by no means think we have enough caves/dungeon materials as a whole (though I completely sympathize with Jesse getting tired of making them :) )

The Stranger likes this.
  10. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Phantasie Oh! I agree. I can't imagine it's the most creative and entertaining of things to create different shaped rocks and cavern walls. :D Most fundamental resources are kinda generic and boring; forests, towns, etc. I'm not using the bulk of the grass and trees in my game (just the burnt\dead trees), but I am resizing the alien biomes and Mythos otherworld stuff in order to build my world. Unfortunately, I really need underground\cavern stuff, since civilisation exists mostly beneath the ground in my setting.

Looking forward to pirate\corsair themed stuff, though. The large ship is definitely something people could make use of, even if only to serve as decoration in large cities. :)

11. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer

First Language:
    English
    The real slog is the character creation items lol. It is just a very, very dull, long, and repetitive task. I chip away at it little by little until it's done. Tiles are usually a lot more fun, though if you are staring at the same ones forever then they, too, become a chore.

The Stranger likes this.
  12. hyde9318

hyde9318 RMC Coordinator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pirate stuff? From PV Games? Oh man, I came back to the community at the right time, this is incredibly cool!

The Stranger likes this.
  13. The Stranger

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jesse - PVGames Yeah, I can imagine that creating all those character parts gets kinda tedious after a while. I'm glad you do create all of these awesome resources, though. :) The character pieces have really allowed me to create characters who look like they're a part of my world.

Thank you so much for all of your hard work.

I'm really hoping for a parrot sprite in this pack, maybe even a shoulder parrot as a character part. :D