Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wanted to share another peek at some more building ruins for the Warfare pack (I think they are coming along really nicely!)

IifO7Zo.png

Again, only the buildings/ruin stuff is for the Warfare pack, the ground, vines, and such are all from the Town and Country pack.

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WOW! :o

The ruins look incredible! And the new ground looks great, too! The blending is done in Photoshop/Gimp? Not that it'd stop me from buying, I'm just curious.

Edit:

After looking at the page before, one thing kind of bugs me: The clothes for female characters are so oddly shaped around their breasts, as if they were almost skin-tight. It looks especially weird with the chainmail tunic. Rather than following the contour, it should just hang down.

Last edited by a moderator:

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
These ruins will come as a tileset or will they need parallax mapping?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, how do you (Jesse) think the pieces or would look in Yanfly's Item Core used not as icons, but instead for the enlarged icon that has its information? I'm not sure if the tileset items or character pieces (for equipment) would work better.

Also, didn't you work on a game called Tears of Reality back in VX? I loved that demo.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you going to make a arrow for bow users to shoot?

Bows that shoot air pressure are cool, but arrows would be better. :)

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been working more on the ruins as well as the various core tiles for the Warfare pack. Coming along nicely! 

o1d7zxQ.png

Siege weapons are included in this pack, not just the cannons and mortars you see here, but also catapults, trebuchets, battering rams, and mounted ballista. There are various pieces to create war camps such as tents, lean-tos, working on a fire pit right now, and various odds and ends. Also working on some training items like archery buttes and training dummies. 

You can also see in the picture some of the armor for the set. This is some of the light armor (leather, a little bit of chain). There will be several categories of armor included: Light, Medium, Heavy, Archer with possibly variations included (so a couple different Heavy sets, for example). Light armor will be mostly leather, maybe some chainmail. Medium will include scalemail and chainmail. Heavy will be Plate and some chainmail. Archer will be mostly heavy cloth/leather.

Also seen in the picture is a decal pit/trench I am working on. So far I think it looks pretty awesome, but I had to doctor the image a bit because the edges don't quite work together yet, but I will fix that and add some additional trench decals as well. Speaking of decals, you can see some of the ground textures included as well that will be included in the pack (the only bits not from the Warfare pack is the stone decal in the bottom center and some of the sparse grass decals - both of which are in the Medieval: Town and Country pack). 

@Felsenstern: There are a bunch of smaller pieces like the corners, debris, etc, which will be in Tileset form. Larger pieces like the ruined tower, the ruined buildings, are too large and will need to be parallaxed (or you can chop it up and put it into a tilesheet if you so choose).

@BloodLetterQ: I have no idea at the moment, I am not at all familiar with what plug-ins are out there right now and not sure what that one does or what graphics it utilizes. I did make Tears of Reality back in the day, that project gradually morphed into Aleph.

@AwesomeCool: Like a static side-view arrow? That is easy enough to add. Up to you to make it go where you need it to though, that is more of a gameplay mechanic than an art issue.

It was also asked before if there were going to be Paperdoll versions of the weapons. For the first two packs, which have very few weapons, these are not included at first, but I do plan on adding them in the first update that the packs get (I just didn't really have the method/time to make them then). I am going to try and make sure that the Medieval: Warfare pack contains them from the beginning, though.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It was also asked before if there were going to be Paperdoll versions of the weapons. For the first two packs, which have very few weapons, these are not included at first, but I do plan on adding them in the first update that the packs get (I just didn't really have the method/time to make them then). I am going to try and make sure that the Medieval: Warfare pack contains them from the beginning, though.

Glad to hear this.

The warfare pack is looking really nice, can't wait to buy it.

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! The warfare pack is looking very cool! Just a quick question, what type of weapons are you planning to include? I see you have cannons and mortars in your picture, can we expect any early firearms like matchlocks or at the very least hand cannons?

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to see matchlocks/muskets too, since i have a musketeer class in mind for my game :) Anyway, the quality of that last screenshot is amazing.

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! Awesome even!

Have you by any chance heared anything from Degica about the release of the first 2 packs (if you're allowed to inform us about it of course)?

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I hope to see a little blood here and there. Part of the charm of Ultima VII was the vastly gorier gameplay, it was a real step up for RPGs of its time and conveyed the shock and awe of the Fellowship being downright evil.

Might I suggest some sort of magic related tilesets/character sheets for events? Portals or gates, runed obelisks, conduits for magical energy, altars, runestones, etc?

These packs are absolutely stunning, and I'll be buying them immediately. I've been inspired by a bit of Dragon Age and Dark Souls lately and really want to put these ideas to work. I'm not artist though, and you're practically handing me the keys to a Ferrari with these sets. My dream can become reality thanks to you.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have entered the slog portion of the Medieval: Warfare pack. Usually how this all goes is I try and pick the low-hanging fruit first - meaning I tackle the easy stuff up front which generally gives me some nice stuff to show off, and then I work on the harder stuff that takes a lot more time, and this is the stage I am in presently.

With that being said, I am most of the way through all of the armor and such for the male character templates. Here are a couple of examples showing just a very small sampling of whats included in the pack:

Ca0k53W.png
5BJfZmV.png

These are just the busts, of course there are tons more resources for each piece of gear.

@gRaViJa and Orsalak: Soon... soon...

@PsychicToaster: I already planned on all that type of stuff and more, which would all fit into the Medieval: Infernus pack, when I get to that stage :)

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love it : D. I've been doing nothing but poring over your screenshots of the various packs and then going back to my game script/lore writing xD. As always I can't wait to see more. 

Something I'm sure you've already answered is on the subject of an icon set. Do you have any plans for one, or will the different paperdoll items be something one could just scale down to fit on the iconset.png file?

Also will the battlers be something someone could use for an action/Ultima VII style battle system or are they strictly for sideview?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@PsychicToaster: I do not plan on doing icons presently, it is an area in which I am not very strong and the time used to making them would be much better used in areas where I can make something nicer, like tiles or character pieces.

The battlers and such are side-view. I considered very long and hard about including omni-directional battlers but realized that it would literally increase the number of animations and spritesheets 8 fold. Considering there are already roughly 500 frames of animation and over 50 spritesheets PER individual item/character template, it would just be too much to deal with and the download size for the file would be too high, not to mention the nightmare it would be to sort through all of that content to find the stuff you need/want to assemble your characters - it is potentially chore enough as it is with whats there lol. Plus, these resource sets are made with RPGMaker in mind and the powers that be do not want to stray too far from what the engine can do, and I kind of push the boundaries of that as is.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@PsychicToaster: I do not plan on doing icons presently, it is an area in which I am not very strong and the time used to making them would be much better used in areas where I can make something nicer, like tiles or character pieces.

The battlers and such are side-view. I considered very long and hard about including omni-directional battlers but realized that it would literally increase the number of animations and spritesheets 8 fold. Considering there are already roughly 500 frames of animation and over 50 spritesheets PER individual item/character template, it would just be too much to deal with and the download size for the file would be too high, not to mention the nightmare it would be to sort through all of that content to find the stuff you need/want to assemble your characters - it is potentially chore enough as it is with whats there lol. Plus, these resource sets are made with RPGMaker in mind and the powers that be do not want to stray too far from what the engine can do, and I kind of push the boundaries of that as is.

Very understandable on all points ^^. Regardless, I love the work you've done and look forward to seeing more.

I'm curious as to the variety of enemy battlers that'll be released. Are they going to be mostly human/humanoid or will we be seeing some more fantastical creatures? :D

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You will be able to build countless unique human battlers for sure with the pieces included, but there will be additional battlers as I go into other packs. The Medieval: Town and Country pack has a few battlers for some animals, but the bulk of things like monsters and what not will come in future packs. The Medieval: Infernus pack will see a variety of demon monsters (including battlers) for example, and the Dungeons pack will have other types of monsters.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My wishful thinking towards the Infernus pack, like you have done with the minotaur in Wild Steam, is that perhaps we may see a humanoid demon base template that we can dress up? 

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hooooooraaaaaaaaaah the Medieval:Town and Country and the Interiors pack are out : D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm just so close to replacing LUK with a different stat, maybe DEX but we'll see.
Slapped together a title screen and working on some dungeon clutter + portraits for Dubhghaill and Einar. Usual CW for minor body horror wrt Einar
QVLJIgD.png

OaPcYUy.png

r55FiUJ.png

EIgO94y.png
cT1V4nb.png
>studying for months for an exam
>does exam
>waits 3 months for the results to come out
>me trying to login, incorrect password
>I get recovery password
>me trying to login, incorrect password

What the heck. As a son of a Karen, I'm going to file a few complaints.
Apparently Amazon Prime users get free Genshin Impact stuff like primogems and whatnot every month, but I'm not sure I ever want to fall into the abyss of F2P ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kostec