gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small question: with MV's mapping system and the big tiles it's impossible to put all buildings for example in one image and use it as a tileset right? I mean, two buildings are already longer than the image height that MV allows for one sheet of a tileset?

I sure do miss XP's mapping system...

Are we obliged to parallax or use Tiled then or am i missing something that we can use inside MV itself?

Edit: Holy ****, i only ever mapped with XP before but I simply can't use MV's mapping system. I Mean... I try to put some of the premade houses into a tileset sheet but even just two houses is too much for MV to handle or the diagonal church is even too big on it's own. It cuts it off etc.

Jesse, you said you made some of the maps with the premade houses in the default editor if i remember correctly? Can you give some pointers on how i'm supposed to get those inside an MV tilesheet? Or is parallaxing really the only way we can realistically use the premade buildings?

Last edited by a moderator:

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow this new two packs are great! Just a quick question, what are the best plugins to utilize these resources? I've tried using Galv's diagonal, frames and running but it doesn't recognize the 8 frames.If I put 6 frames it doesn't give me a graphical error but it doesn't play the 8 frames.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I bought the two packs and I must say I'm impressed.  Great job.  It's going to take me hours just to experiment with these, so I actually know all that I have.

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am waiting for a client's payment to come through so I can buy these packs, will anyone humor me with a video or map screenshots of their test work in the interim? : D

Iruga2266

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I'm also waiting for the Steam version so that I can buy it. I cannot buy anything in dollars right now. But I've seen the work so far on you facebook page and it looks amazing! :D

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Besides my cats, this is the only reason I want to return home.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question:  In the Medieval Interiors Pack, Female Accessory 3 and 4, are those suppose to be robes or something else?

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@HasdrubalBarca: The scripts from Galv seem to work well, but if you cannot get it to work for you, there is a similar multi-frame script by Shaz in the plug-in section of the forum. I have not taken a good close look at Galv's scripts yet, but you might want to double check and make sure you are setting everything up according to any directions that are given. Sometimes a simple mistake can go overlooked and have you racking your brain trying to figure out why something isn't working, this happened to me with Victor's scripts for VX lol, but after awhile I figured out. Maybe someone who is a bit more knowledgeable with the scripts here can weigh in on this?

@The Infamous Bon Bon: They are like heavy overcloaks basically.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alllmost done with the male clothing for the Medieval: Warfare pack. Here is a look at some of the paperdoll items, and how tabards look/work with some of the bulkier armor items:

KdmENKN.png
OCE2tW3.png

Some of the pieces have multiple bust or paperdoll options. For example, the belt shown here is at two lengths, one shorter length for regular armor and one larger length to fit around tabards and plate. 

The armor included in the Medieval: Warfare set will primarily be 'functional' armor, stuff that soldiers and knights and such would wear into battle. I thought of another pack I would like to do called Medieval: Tourney which would include fancier/ornate armor, along with horses and barding, and tiles to create a tourney ground (so jousting lists, maybe a quintain if I can figure out how to make one, etc).

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you decide to make a tourney pack, i'll buy it too ;)

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@The Infamous Bon Bon: They are like heavy overcloaks basically.

Thank you I was making a character generator and I couldn't quite figure out what to call them or what they were actually.

Those paperdolls for the warfare pack are looking nice and since you mentioned that you were going to include weapons for the paperdolls, these could be used for some front battlers in a pinch, but mostly I think it will just flesh out characters a lot more, even if they are just swords in scabbards or bows over shoulders and stuff.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Suggestions for future packs

-Cats

-Facial wear (masks and glasses)

-Headbands

-Capes for men

-Long coats

Otherwise I can't wait to see what the next pack offers.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you I was making a character generator and I couldn't quite figure out what to call them or what they were actually.

Those paperdolls for the warfare pack are looking nice and since you mentioned that you were going to include weapons for the paperdolls, these could be used for some front battlers in a pinch, but mostly I think it will just flesh out characters a lot more, even if they are just swords in scabbards or bows over shoulders and stuff.

Would your generator happen to be available to the community when it's done, or is it strictly private use? : D

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would your generator happen to be available to the community when it's done, or is it strictly private use? : D

Well, knowing that we have to purchase the resources... 

Hopefully he and Jesse can make a deal with it... Saves a lot of time.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, knowing that we have to purchase the resources... 

Hopefully he and Jesse can make a deal with it... Saves a lot of time.

I was thinking along the lines of anyone using his character creator having to load the files themselves because they're purchased resources, if he were to program as such. xD If they didn't own the resource packs it wouldn't do anything.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also, I wonder if there's any hints about changing eye color.

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Well its basically a GIMP file with every paperdoll file as its own layer so you can turn on, turn off layers to make your character and it allows you to move the layers around because sometimes boots look better over pants, sometimes they don't for example.

I've finished the female one and I'm starting to work on the male one now.  It doesn't really make the character for you, but gives you an idea of how you should layer your graphics and helps visualize things, hence the reason to use the paperdoll files.

After I finish, I will ask Jesse if he would like them for himself and if he wants to include them with the next update, I would be fine with it.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm super excited to use these, just made my purchase. Time to learn how to parallax map xD. My only concern is getting the water to animate via parallax mapping. I'm not sure how to pull that off.

PsychicToaster

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I have a rough first attempt at parallax mapping using these tiles. Figuring out the way cliff pieces work took a bit longer than I thought it would, but I finally got a decent understanding of them. I've never done a parallax map before, and this is just a practice attempt that I'm still working on. I'll get to figuring out animated water later, practice is all that matters. @Jesse - PVGames thank you for your hard work. These resources are incredible.

SekE6db.png

I know the bridge seems kind of crammed in, I hadn't really planned on that, and the dirt blending needs serious work. I've been trying to experiment with opacity levels to make it blend in better.

I am completely clueless as to how to blend cliffs and terrain to where you can walk up and onto a cliff without stairs, so the cliffs here are inaccessible. 

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For the master sheet, what are the grid dimensions for each sprite?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nk97