Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would you have a list of the weapons and armor we may expect in the warfare pack?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a tentative list of things included in the Warfare pack:

Arquebus, bow, cross-hilt sword, double-axe, flanged mace, halberd, longsword, mace, pike, warhammer, crossbow, and zweihander. There are off-hand versions of the cross-hilt sword, flanged mace, longsword, and mace. There are 6 different shield types, including one type of targ that has a spike coming out of the middle (like the Irish dude's shield in Braveheart).

For armor, it ranges from cloth and leather to chain and plate, and there are tabards and such as well.

Edit: keep in mind that more will appear in other packs as well, and I have some unique weapons and armor in mind for some of them.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you good sir.

Really helpful to get a clearer picture of what direction we may go in character design.

Now on to find an edition of le morte d'Arthur... Been considering for a while working on a game about the round table lore and legends, and your material is a perfect fit!

by the way a a suggestion maybe. What about leaving the shields plain, but making the heraldry a a sort of decal?

also, not sure if you read my previous question, but would one of these unique armor be a...chainmail bikini ;)

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Jesse - PVGames - Are there going to be different kinds of the same weapon type or just one weapon per type (at first or later)?

EX: Like for bows, shortbows, longbows, composite bows, etc.

Also, does halberds contain things like spears?

Hope you make a future pack with non-western weapons.

Like Japanese Katanas, Kunai, FukiyaKyoketsu-shogeBo-hiya, and other weapon aesthetics (like African and Middle-Eastern).

sode-note: Really hope you do something like the Bo-hiya one, it was a gun that was used in the mid 1500s (generally referred to as Fire Arrows at the time).

It is amazing how different weapons are depending on the region.

Weapons like Bows and Spears are completely different for each region of the world.

Mcleavestein

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a special way I need to use the creature sprites with 8 sprites across and 4 up? Do I need a plug in or am I just missing something? All the other sprite sheets are 3 across 4 up. Thanks in advance!

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finished the main stuff for all the character pieces for the Warfare pack, now doing some more tiles. The recent work has been on more interior-style items, like this pavilion and its contents:

vCNtYeC.png

There is both an interior and exterior to this pavilion, both share the same dimensions for consistency. I have some more interior and exterior items to finish up, but the warfare pack is nearing completion. I would like to finish it within a week or two.

@Niten Ichi Ryu The separate heraldry is a great idea, and it was suggested before as well. Unfortunately I have been unable to come up with a way to really make that work here due to the many different shapes of shields and tabards, as well as the fact that each piece of heraldry would need to work across about 500 frames of animation for each individual item. There are a number of shields and tabards and standards that have various heraldry on them, as well as some that are just generic or solid color that can be used for numerous purposes.

@AwesomeCool Right now it is one of each that I have listed. There will be more coming in other packs and updates though. I got some pretty sweet weapons in the lineup coming up, but the ones in the Warfare pack hopefully should not disappoint. I wanted to give a good variety of weapons that would primarily be used by medieval-style soldiers.

@Mcleavestein A plug-in or script would be needed to fully utilize the 8 frames of animation; RPGMaker does not allow for more than 3 frames of animation by default.

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is just perfect for my game!

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice looking pack! I'm liking the new armor a lot.

A quick question since it hasn't been brought up, I think. Is there gonna be scabbards for swords? How about quivers for bows and crossbows? bandoliers for the arquebus like this:

arquebus_02.jpg

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Worked on a bunch of tiles, primarily focusing on the actual bloody aspect of warfare:

O9zSG6e.png

The bodies and carnage are all in a single tileset so you do not have to do any editing to them if you do not want to (they appear exactly as they do in this image). I was also inspired to make floating corpses, so yes, those are animated and bob gently in the water. There are 3 versions of these corpses - just the body, the body with blood on it, and body with arrows in it. I also made sure that each weapon has a tile image as well so they can be placed on maps as well as equipped to characters. Also visible in this image are some of the more gruesome items, such as heads on poles and severed limbs. 

There are some new nature tiles that can compliment the Medieval: Town and Country pack as well, like rocks, a couple new (somewhat desolate) trees, and some new Decals and A2 auto-tiles.

@HasdrubalBarca I do want to ultimately include scabbards and quivers. If they are not in the set right away at launch, they will most likely be included as a free update. 

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That is amazing good sir. I'm working on a tactical style RPG and this gruesome scene is inspiring in a dark way. : P Definitely a day one buy for me. 

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
War never changes...

This pack looks even more promising at each screenshot!

I'm starting to wonder now: the aesthetic seems mostly European inspired, so do you have other cultures in mind for future packs, like Middle east or Far East?

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How'd you make that parchment background for the face?

Love the gore!

lawina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How'd you make that parchment background for the face?

Love the gore!

I was just going to ask this, and how did you increase the face image size?

Is it an actual screenshot or did you create the image in photoshop?

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Parchment is just basic photoshop? Anyway, the new screenshot is absolutely stunning again!

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe a suggestion (if it's doable) for a future update, would be some burnt elements (like poles, trees, rootops) and destroyed stone structure. 

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The parchment background is just a picture I put in. Though you can do fancy things with your text windows and face windows with plug-ins or just clever use of pictures. For my game Sector 12 I did this to create some really cool sci-fi windows without using the RPGMaker default window graphics. 

@Niten Ichi Ryu The primary inspiration is European for these, but I do have some plans for other cultures in future packs (I think there is some info on this in the main post of the thread in regards to packs I would like to do). As for burnt elements, that is a good idea. I will see what I can do to make some scorched stuff. There are already a bunch of destroyed buildings, some of which are scorched up.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Will the children get customizable pieces eventually, or always premade?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Worked on burned/destroyed items today, as well as burn and mud spat decals. Here is a sample picture:

v8hEzLD.png

I added a bit of smoke overlay for atmospheric effect, but everything else is right from the Medieval: Warfare set. Added some desolated trees as well. The picture is probably a bit too 'busy' to see all the details, but there are a number of broken items scattered about in the grass and mud.

@deilin I do not plan on releasing parts to create children.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sizzle sizzle sizzle...
zbf1dCZ.gif
Sharing my past was a mistake. Will delete the post when I get access to a working internet connection again.
TFW you get a plugin working correctly with your other plugins ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡

(CW for minor gore - Einar's Y incision is gone for his test portrait)

Cs5kAbZ.png
Doing some winter related edits for a cozy cottage!
I think it's the third time I am changing my skill info plugin, but as I get better at programming, I want to fix the trash I made earlier :p

Streaming while I am programming the plugin. Join in if you wish :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zynarith2