Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
dywYZ7q.png

The Medieval: Warfare pack is juuuust about finished. Just need to add a couple small things, such as scars for Busts, Faces, and Paperdolls. I have also been working on a little add-on pack that will go alongside this one. Medieval: Knights Templar is a small add-on that mostly includes character creation pieces, providing new armor, shields, tabards, etc for both male and female characters in the vein of the Knights Templar.

HasdrubalBarca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow! Looking really good. Hopefully it will be up in the store soon as soon as you finish it, Do you have a preview for the arquebus if you don't mind me asking.

And the knights templar sounds good.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jesse - PVGames, if you accept any suggestions, try to make the addon more than just the Templars. There were several Knight Orders during the Middle Ages (Teutonic, Hospitallers and even Lazarus) that could be added, since most of them are easy color replacements (Teutonic cross is just the black cross on a white background, while Templars are red cross and white background and so on...).

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Pine Towers I hear ya, but the focus here is small, more frequent packs. The add-on is a small, inexpensive pack to augment the bigger packs, so focusing on one small set is preferable than focusing on numerous ones. But I do hear what you are saying, and I very well may do more add-ons in the future, but I am going to start with this one and see how it goes :)

GaretJax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Jesse,

I purchased the Medieval Town and country pack for MV. I have been importing using the resource manager and it only allows one file at a time, very long and arduous process. I would like to just copy and paste the pack in the appropriate folders for MV. However, I cannot locate the data folders to do that. I have looked into the C drive and under a games folder created in my documents section by MV. But so far no luck. Can you help?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The data folders for your project? If that is what you are looking for, where did you save the game? Because that is where the data folders will be. For example, I usually save my projects to my desktop so the datafiles will be in the project folder right on my desktop.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Jesse,

I purchased the Medieval Town and country pack for MV. I have been importing using the resource manager and it only allows one file at a time, very long and arduous process. I would like to just copy and paste the pack in the appropriate folders for MV. However, I cannot locate the data folders to do that. I have looked into the C drive and under a games folder created in my documents section by MV. But so far no luck. Can you help?

It's going to be under whatever directory you told MV to put your projects when you set it up. To find this easily, close your current project, then tell MV to make a new project. Note the directory it shows (though do not use the last directory in the chain, that is for the new project), and try going there. If it is not there, you'll need to use Window's search command as you moved it and at that point no one can tell you where it is but you.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you have trouble finding your project folder, there is an option in MV to open the projects folder.

user3k

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Enemy side battlers will be coming, yes. The Medieval: Dungeons pack will contain a bunch of monsters, and the Underdeep pack will have things like orcs and such.

+1

I am also awaiting the package with the monsters.

We need battles!  :D

ssbkalidore

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looking awesome!  Took a mini break from RPG Maker and have been working on a few other game projects using another program.  Looking to jump back into this as soon as some monsters appear.

Thanks for all the hard work... again it looks amazing...

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Felsenstern: Stuff like that would mostly be incorporated into the Dungeons pack.

I told myself I would take a week off after finishing the two packs, but I took one day and then started to work on ruined buildings for the Warfare pack. Here is a little peak at a couple of the buildings thus far (only the buildings are from the Warfare pack, everything else is from the Town and Country pack):

s3nqNU9.png

Looking good, Jesse! Keep up the good work. I sense Ultima in this! :D

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh, you might hate me for this suggestion.

When you get to the bards/dancers, can you make animations of them dancing/playing in battle. The new animations wouldn't be compatible with previous clothing, I realize, but would make for more thematic side view battles. I, personally, wouldn't mind they were premade, with some female and male dancer types, male and female instrument players, but if possible to do editable, would be nice too.

Edit: Even if it's just hair/face/hats, and maybe shoe, items that are editable with premade bodies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacranora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
The art work is outstanding, nice and crisp. I have no regrets with buying this. Setting the up character sheets on the other hand has been a bear. I have tried two different plugins for MV and have been unable to get both to work correctly. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but would welcome any help.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Lacranora What issues are you facing specifically with the character sheets?

Lacranora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Lacranora What issues are you facing specifically with the character sheets?

I have tried both ExtraMovementFrames & Galv's Character Frames with the same results with both. (This is completely my error, so I need some guidance on how to set these up.)

Using the Medieval_T&C_Premade_Female_1_Mastersheet

I renamed the sheet etc. But I still end up with animations at the same time. There is something I am missing with setting this up. Frame rate, correct sheet, something. But I have tinkered with a few different sheets and a few different frame rates and I am just dropping the ball with this one.  

demo.png

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah, do not use the mastersheet for this purpose. Instead, just use  Medieval_T&C_Premade_Female_1 (or whatever other character you are using). It will be just the 4 directions for walking and nothing else, that should solve that issue. The Mastersheet is for people who can either 1.) Make use of it, or 2.) Want to set up a character in its entirety all at once and cut it into spritesheets themselves (there is software out there that does that).

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Want to set up a character in its entirety all at once and cut it into sprite-sheets themselves (there is software out there that does that).

Any particular software you have in mind (or can recommend) to do the sprite-sheet cut? So far i was just planning to use gimp and go with the good old copy pasting.

if you would know of a soft that can be configured to automatize the sprite-sheet creation from the Mastersheet, you would be a life saver.

Haven't really started to do the cutting anyway, still waiting on the warfare pack to ensure having a lots of assets to load in Schlangan's generator (dunno If you saw last update, I figured out how to handle the recoloring in the generator now) before goingg into tthe graphical design of my characters. 

Lacranora

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ah, do not use the mastersheet for this purpose. Instead, just use  Medieval_T&C_Premade_Female_1 (or whatever other character you are using). It will be just the 4 directions for walking and nothing else, that should solve that issue. The Mastersheet is for people who can either 1.) Make use of it, or 2.) Want to set up a character in its entirety all at once and cut it into spritesheets themselves (there is software out there that does that).

@Jesse - PVGames

lol not to come off like a pain, but there is no one file with that name, there are a many that are Medieval_T&C_Premade_Female_1_(different names) or Medieval_TC_Premade_Female_1_(different names)

I have tried a few that are 3x4 but have run into half the sprite being cut off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Happy treason day, Colonial friends <3

I am officially amused. One of the NPCs in my project is basically meant as the guy you check in with to point you where you should go next, including if you’ve been away for a bit and have forgotten.

I can conclusively say he does his job nicely. I was out of town over the weekend. I had forgotten what I was working on, so I checked what I had last done with him for a reminder. ^.^
While talking about anime with a friend got the idea of doing this. :kaopride:
4m6nhlF.jpg

Character: Mirajane Strauss from Fairy Tail.
Dog saliva is an antiseptic.
NghNgE9.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirouinazuki