Medieval Tiles (MV - In Progress)

Discussion in 'PVGames Resource Packs' started by Jesse - PVGames, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Jesse - PVGames

Jesse - PVGames Game and Graphics Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Lacranora I tossed you a PM regarding the issue, I think it would be easier to address via PM :)

@Niten Ichi Ryu I recall awhile ago I googled Spritesheet splitter to find various software that stitches together spritesheets and what not. The program I use was actually specifically made for me by Dekita which has some features that most people would not necessarily need that I absolutely needed in order to be able to make these resources. Prior to this, like you were planning to do, I just used GIMP to assemble every single spritesheet - this is what I did for Wildsteam, which is why it took about a year to complete (and gives rise to more human error). But for making a characters, I would still use GIMP if all else fails.

Hopefully the Warfare and Knights Templar stuff comes out soon so you can start working on characters :)  I have taken a bit of a break from making resources to finish up Aleph's stuff, but will begin working on the Medieval: Dungeon set very soon (gonna have monsters in there!)

2. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    I just want to state something; if you are using a script/plug-in for multi-frame animation (such as Galvs or Shazs), you might want to add a $ to the front of your character sheet if there is only one character on the sheet. It is a simple thing and easily overlooked, as I just found out myself :)

3. Lacranora

Lacranora Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    HUGE thumbs up to this DLC and the developer

Galvs plugin works perfect with this....providing you do not erase the formula  :guffaw:

4. Mcleavestein

Mcleavestein Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Does this mean that the Warfare pack is done and just hasn't been released yet? =D

5. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    @Mcleavestein Yep, it is all done, and so is the Medieval: Knights Templar add-on pack. Just waiting for their releases :)

6. Mcleavestein

First Language:
    English
    Any word on when that will be so I can clear my calendar? :p

7. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    It depends on Degica when they have scheduled it. With th first pack i remember it was something like 3-4 weeks so i think we'll have to wait 2 more weeks more or less.

Mcleavestein likes this.
  8. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Yeah it really varies. The longest wait was like 1-2 months (only happened once). I'd say usually averages around 2-3 weeks, but I cannot state for sure, it is up to the powers that be :)

Mcleavestein and AwesomeCool like this.
  9. deilin

deilin Ranger/Elementalist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It also depends on if they want to sync release on steam, which has it's own hurdles.

When I was closed beta testing and, content contributing, for a game, they had to wait until they had enough content to update because they were only allowed 3 updates/uploads (even for DLC) a year for free, else it cost them at minimum $500 (based on size) to do additional uploads, unless there was a bad upload, which happened often because the main company didn't submit the correct code they got from the devs so the game broke every fricking update because of the same 150 lines of code. Plus they have to make sure they have appropriate copies and forms in their files for license purposes.

10. Mcleavestein

First Language:
    English
    Quick question. Will the Templar and the Warfare packs, both have new character sheets/faces? If there are more coming soon, I was going to put off character design for a bit.

11. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    Yes, they both contain new character base templates (3 male and 3 female in Warfare, 1 male and 1 female in Templar) plus all the various equipment, armor, etc.

12. lawina

lawina Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Will you be consistent with the pricing, Jesse?

13. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    The final price is up to them, but yes, I am trying to keep the price consistent. The Medieval: Warfare pack is comparable in size to the first two and the suggested price is the same. The Knights Templar add-on is a fair bit smaller and suggested at a lower price.

14. ItsBuffy

ItsBuffy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Is there a video somewhere where I can see this in action ?

15. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

Recently started preliminary work on the Medieval: Dungeons pack. Got some stuff whipped up and been testing things out. I accidentally screwed up some of the tiles and have to re-do them (some of the turned objects are at the wrong degree). The monster in the pic will be part of the pack, but this is just a test sample so he might look a bit different in the final product. Not sure if I want to keep the overall color scheme yet, but so far its not too bad. 

One thing to keep in mind that this pack does NOT cover caverns. Cavern environments will be the central theme for the Medieval: Underdeep pack (more monsters will be included in that as well, such as orcs, drow, trolls...) 

@ItsBuffy Not sure what it is you would like to see in action. I am not great at making videos, but can certainly whip up something (perhaps gifs) for various animations if there is something in particular you want to see.

16. Alkorri

Alkorri Proofreading Penguin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Looks good, Jesse. I can't wait to snap up all of your latest work in one big bundle XD

If I may offer my two cents? :)  The red candlestick(?) looks a bit out of place, or rather it tends to stand out. Perhaps it needs more of a shadow so that it doesn't look photoshopped in, or perhaps a less glaring colour so that it's not the first thing the eye is drawn to in a room? Other than the monster, of course. 

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2016
  17. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm a little saddened that caves will be separate, but I'm sure that because of this reasoning, it means you can put more work into these varied dungeon types.

18. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    @Alkorri Now that you mention it, it is something I did not notice before. Thanks for the two cents, it is well spent :)

@BloodletterQ These packs are meant to be relatively smaller than the big, all-consuming packs that were made in years past, which means typically faster releases and lower price (with the added bonus of higher quality). Also, this does give me a much better ability to simply focus in on specific elements and genres instead of trying to cram in as much as possible across a broad spectrum. So having caves as its own thing will let me really focus on just caves and the details that they deserve, as well as allows more focus on the specific monsters and such that will be include with the caves which are their own separate thing entirely from the sorts that will be found in the Medieval: Dungeons pack. The Dungeons pack is meant to be a bit rougher and darker than the other packs, but with more of a focus on man-made type dungeons (like actual dungeons beneath a castle, or old ruins and what not). Ultimately the hope is that all of the various dungeon type packs (Dungeons, Underdeep, etc) can be mixed and matched a bit as well.

19. Jesse - PVGames

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

More work on the Dungeons tiles, and a look at one of the monsters to be included as well - like the other pic, this is all work-in-progress and things may appear different in the final product. If there is something specific you would like in this pack as it relates to dungeons (but not caves, crypts, as those are separate), feel free to leave the suggestion - I have a lot of stuff on my list that I intend to include, but there is always stuff that I don't think of :)

gRaViJa and CyndaBytes like this.
  20. Niten Ichi Ryu

Niten Ichi Ryu Grey Lords Emissary Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dat's a phat dragon...!

So maybe dragon skeleton, or at least a skull.

Also, what about clothing for mages (like a good ol pointy hat) and accessories for them, like wand or the good ol' gnarled staff? Are some going to show up in this pack?

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
    BloodletterQ likes this.