Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
No worries.

Christmas can wait till the packs release. :)

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was originally hoping to have the first two done by around Christmas, but illness, the holidays, and some other events have delayed that a little bit. I am almost done though with the first two packs.

The Medieval: Interiors pack just needs a few base templates made (got almost all the clothing and equipment done) and I am going to add a few more children to this set as well, and then will need to make a few more tiles for animated chests and then some polish and that should be that. The Medieval: Town and Country pack is pretty much all set, just needs some polish perhaps, and I am going to add a few weapons for characters to both packs fitting with their themes - so stuff like farmer tools, pitchforks etc for the Town and Country pack, some basic stuff like daggers or rapiers for Interiors. The bulk of armor and weapons will be in the upcoming Warfare pack.

I am hoping to have these two packs done and submitted within the next couple of weeks.

Here is a peak at how the Paperdoll setup looks. This is one of the 6 bases included in the Town and Country pack with about 10 or 11 various clothing/equipment options from both the Town and Country and the Interiors packs:

Q4ljNTn.png

Anyway, I hope to have these two finished up real soon, and I will be sure to post when I do so. Hope everyone had a great holiday!
Beautiful. Hope you feel better.

ssbkalidore

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Count me in as buying the day they are released for purchase.  Can't wait!  Love the looks of all your work!

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Working on the last bits now, wanted to add some farmer-esque weapons for the Town and Country pack, and some basic weapons to the Interiors pack, all of which required a lot of animation work since I want to make each one able to be paired with as many of the base animations as possible. I got the vast majority of them down, but a small handful just won't be compatible - for example, the base sitting animations will not have weapon spritesheets. I am also making off-hand versions of most of the weapons that are appropriate, there will just be a handful of poses that will not work with off-hand weapons. Out of the 50+ animation sheets, the weapons will work with all except about half a dozen.

In the mean time, I wanted to start gathering info for a FAQ/Instructions sheet to include with the packs. 

I would love it if you guys posted any questions here in regards to these resources, whether it is how to use them or dimensions or anything else you can think of. It would be helpful to me, and hopefully helpful to other people as well!  :D

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if you've said, but will there be diagonal movement and if so, will necessary plugins be provided as you've done with your Ace tiles?

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Any plug-ins included or do we have to find (or make) our own?

Do any parts not work with others?  

example: certain body type cannot use pitchforks.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not that I'd be using them for the novelization, but you have no issues with me using images on my blog for both the game and the novel with whatever resources I decide to use?

Also, which pack has the mage-related stuff? Is there also a ladder climbing motion?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the mean time, I wanted to start gathering info for a FAQ/Instructions sheet to include with the packs. 

I would love it if you guys posted any questions here in regards to these resources, whether it is how to use them or dimensions or anything else you can think of. It would be helpful to me, and hopefully helpful to other people as well!  :D
I think a recommended order that you should lay down layers to create resources would be helpful, unless you made a replacement for the generator, than that info wouldn't be as necessary, but probably still useful.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also, you may want to consider adding the recommended way to recolor a piece.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Some of these questions are more suitable for here, others for the included FAQ, I will try to do two lists:

Forum questions:

Will there be diagonal sprites? - Yes, definitely. There are diagonals for everything except the side-view battle stuff.

Will there be any scripts/plug-ins included? - No, I am not a scripter, but fortunately scripts/plug-ins all exist at present to utilize everything in the packs.

Do any parts not work with other parts? - As far as I have thus far seen, all parts work with every base with the exception of gender - Male items won't work well with Female bases and vice versa, but everything within those bases work fine.

Which pack has mage-related stuff? - For items such as potions, reagents, etc, these are included in the Interiors pack. For clothing items, those will be in a forthcoming pack (remember, these are designed to be smaller packs!)

Can the materials be used for non-game media such as blogs, promotional material, etc? - Yes, I have no problems with this as long as the raw resources themselves are not being distributed.

Is there a ladder-climbing animation - Short answer is no. I tooled around with trying to make one but it was just too difficult and time-consuming so it was left out. Same with swimming, just could not figure out a good way to do it that would make it work consistently throughout all materials required.

FAQ/Instructions:

How to recolor items

A guide to layering items

Link to the Plug-In forum with suggestions for useful Plug-Ins.

Terms of Use (basically free to use commercially/non-commercially wherever as long as the resources are not freely distributed)

Reaction score
First Language
English
I've always liked your packs since they break away from the standard design of the base resources so dramatically, and the increased tile/sprite size combined with the brighter colors really brings out the detail.

Do you have any plans (or have in the past that I'm unaware of) on releasing camera and lighting information for new 3D objects to be rendered to match your resources?

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can we piece together custom character busts with these resources (like the one you showed a few days ago)? We have to use photoshop for it or is there a generator of some sort?

I think i know the answer more or less but would be nice to have a concise answer for everyone on this.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@gRaViJa - There is no software or anything like that included, just the graphic resources. Using GIMP or Photoshop or any other software that allows for layers is the quickest/easiest way to make busts/paperdolls/facesets/spritesheets and be able to edit/recolor them to your heart's desire. A generator is basically the same thing (minus all the tools) with a different interface - it just layers the art on top of other pieces.

And yes, you can make custom character busts, faces, paperdolls, and spritesheets.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's a little late and unrealistic since it'll freeze up Gimp or whatever, but it'd be helpful to put all the parts in one sheet to make the constant going back and forth between parts a bit less tedious, but that'd complicate splitting the resources.

AwesomeCool

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
More questions that could be added to the FAQ.

Are there multiple skill/magic poses this time (speaking of battle sheets)?

Are front view battle resources going to be included?

Is there going to be an icon sheet in the same style for MV (and perhaps other system resources)?

Does anything work with older makers? (I suggest you include this.  For people will ask)

Can I form a cult to worship such magnificent art?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@BloodletterQ - I actually did include a 'Master Sheet' for each template, item, clothing, etc, which contains every single animation as well as separate sprite sheets for each animation just for the people who can/want to use one larger spritesheet or want to use sprite sheet cutting software.

@AwesomeCool - I will add these to the FAQ :) But to answer them:

Are there multiple skill/magic poses this time (speaking of battle sheets)? - Yes, there are a couple different options for this, as well as for most other poses.

Are front view battle resources going to be included? - For monsters and animals, yes; for humans where you build your own, there are Paperdolls which could be used if you really wanted to but were not specifically designed for that. 

Is there going to be an icon sheet in the same style for MV (and perhaps other system resources)? - I was not planning on it at this time (there are some great icon sets out there though already!)

Does anything work with older makers? (I suggest you include this.  For people will ask) - All of the character spritesheets will work with other makes (some scripts might be required to utilize certain animations of course). Battlers and Busts and such will most likely work but are on the larger side so might need to be scaled down. Facesets would work but also would need to be scaled down appropriately. Tiles are sized for MV, but it is really easy to scale them down to 32x32 instead of 48x48 (much easier and better than scaling 32x32 up to 48x48).

Can I form a cult to worship such magnificent art? - I don\t think anyone will want to  drink the Kool-Aid.

Also I posted the FAQ on the main thread and I will continue to update it as more questions come in. Thank you guys very much thus far!

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Master Sheet saves a lot of work although I would like to think they'll have the guidelines to split the resources. This is an ambitious project.

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have finished the first two packs! You guys have seen a lot of the early screenshots, so take a gander at all the new screenshots. Everything is more polished than in the previous ones, and a lot more content was added since. I submitted the packs, so it is now out of my hands as to when they become available. I updated the main topic with new info, but some of the info you can read below as well.

zbMNXz3.png

This is the one of the two first packs finished. This resource set contains tons of tiles for creating interiors ranging from blacksmiths, tailors, butchers, castles, houses, and more. There are also a whole bunch of character-creation pieces included as well for creating your own characters.

xXljsOb.png

There are more images in the spoilers below:

SjLkCqO.png

nBIEhab.png

zirHsPd.png

MSwY9GM.png

5uoolCK.png

7iTvMI6.png

This is the other of the first two packs completed. It contains many sheets of tiles to build cities, towns, markets, and outdoor environments. Similar to the Interiors pack, it contains a ton of character creation pieces, as well as some animals.

Z7BCUFk.png

There are more images in the spoilers below:

mI8Vtmm.png

GaQ4pUr.png

JlQsGn1.png

OcQkzNq.png

pa49vHu.png

NGg0eix.png

What's Next?

Next up on the chopping block is the Medieval: Warfare pack. This will contain a bunch of weapons, armor, and equipment for character customization as well as some more tiles which are war-themed.

After that, there are a great many potential candidates I am choosing from - feel free to express your opinions on what you would like to see!

Here is the potential list thus far:

• Swamps - Swamp tiles, trees, grasses, dwellings, perhaps build-your-own lizard people?
  • The Frozen North - Snow, and lots of it, and everything that thrives in it, including Yetis.
  • Deserts - Sand, and lots of it. Perhaps some Egyptian themed character pieces and tiles?
  • Dungeons and Caves - Torture devices, winding tunnels, treasure hordes, dark ritual materials stalagmites, and the creatures that dwell within the deeps.
  • The Far East - Asian-themed tiles and character creation pieces (probably more Japanese in inspiration, but some Chinese and other cultures as well, not strictly one culture).
  • The Northmen - Big, burly vikings. Tiles for building viking settlements and ships as well as character creation pieces to make your own Ragnar Lothbrok.
  • Infernus - Dark ritual chambers filled with demonic entities and evil summoners...
  • The Underdeep - Dwarves are known to live in the mountains, but fel and sinister things dwell further below, deep within the earth...
  • The Watchwood - Elven-themed character pieces and tiles to create more Elvish-styled dwellings, perhaps magical/mystical vegetation elements.

No specifically tied to any particular potential pack, there is some interest in Anthro type character bases which I can see about fitting into one of these packs, or just making them in general.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again
I think it's ready - Chapter Selection:
unknown.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alvin2820