Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

View more images below:

Everything you need is inside to create literally thousands of unique characters including their spritesheets (with over 50 animations supported!), facesets, busts, and paperdolls.

On top of that, there are an absolute ton of tiles included for you to build the world you want to create. Each Medieval pack builds on the others, offering nearly countless combinations of characters and giving an ever-expanding vast library of tiles and other resources to build your dream game.

Each character template and piece of equipment/clothing/etc comes with the resources to create over 50 different spritesheets ranging from walking, running, sleeping, sitting, side-view combat, down poses, idling, and much more – all in 4 and 8 directions! On top of that, each comes with the resources to make busts, paperdolls, and facesets!

Features:

• 17 Tile sheets for cities, towns, and outdoor environments.
  • Over 120 pre-made buildings to construct towns, markets, and various castle types.
  • 10 animal sets featuring spritesheets (9-12 sheets each), facesets, and Front-View battlers.
  • 9 Parallax images for backgrounds.
  • 6 unique character templates with nearly 140 pieces of clothing, hair styles, equipment, and more to allow you to create literally thousands of unique characters (fully compatible with other templates and clothing/hair/accessories from other Medieval packs).
  • Separated shadows for all characters and animals.
  • BONUS: 4 children characters, each with 24 spritesheets and a faceset.

UPDATED: Now includes the additional resources: 12 pre-made characters, large pre-made mountain/cliff, new cliff tiles/ramps, new tiles and tile groupings.

Link to the Medieval: Town and Country RPG Maker store page

Please post any questions regarding the Medieval: Town and Country pack below. If you have any suggestions for future updates for this pack, post here as well. Please do not post about other products in this thread - it is only for Medieval: Town and Country.

Thank you!

mumutti

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fixed*

Thank you!

Last edited:

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Heya Mumutti! 

There are a couple of plug-ins that do multi-frame animations. One such is Galv's, which you can find here: https://galvs-scripts.com/2015/12/12/mv-character-frames/ there is also a demo there so you can check out how he set it up. Just make sure that you put a $ in front of the filename for the character's spritesheet otherwise it will look odd. As for the idle, I am not sure if there is a plug-in yet that handles this (as in, automatically displays idle animation when you are not moving - I know this exists for VX Ace which is why I added them, but MV is still pretty new), so you might need to get clever with it using it in move-routes for NPCs and such until such a plug-in is made (if one already exists, hopefully someone will put a link or something to it?)

Hope that helps for now, please let me know if you have further questions!

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would just like to say that you have done such great work with these tiles and character sprite sheets, I imagine it took a looong time to make all the sheets perfectly work with the clothing for people to combine and use themselves. Your tiles gives off an Oblivion kind of feel to it and it was one of my favorite games from its time. Great work here and any packs in the future from you will be an instant buy from me! Thanks for your hard work. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychicToaster

Best Clairvoyant Appliance 2018
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I need some help understanding something.

On the cliffs tilesheet, in the upper corner, there are 4 48x48 pieces of cliff. How are these used? 

EDIT:Nevermind, I finally got it figured out : D

Last edited by a moderator:

Magixe

(∩ᄑ_ᄑ)⊃━☆゚*・。*・:≡( ε:)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love these tiles and recently bought them. I'm having trouble using them, though. What is the best way to map with this pack? Can I do it inside the editor, or is it parallax only?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For best results, parallax mapping is the way to go. Another good way to do it is use the grid-free doodad add-on by yanfly (essentially it is almost like parallax mapping but within the editor... check it out!)

No matter what resources you are using, you will never really have great results using just the editor unfortunately.

Zalzany

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure if you are still around any more or not but I am trying to use your asset bundle for steam and I can't for the life of me to get the door actors to not drift upwards a few pixels I tried renaming them to ! and that made it even worse lol

And I am parrallax editing issue is the door sits to high and I got my grid on my photoshop set up to be exactly like the tiles in the editor. So I keep getting this door that is a few pixels above the wall just driving me crazy

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which doors are you trying to use?
I added the doors from the T&C Set into my test project, and I'm not seeing the drift that you mention.

I just recorded a test I did that goes through all three of the Doors.

As far as getting the door to align correctly with Parallax mapping, I tend to make extra character sheets for them so that I always have a door that aligns exactly with my buildings, so they don't all have to fit exactly on the grid.

(For this test, I did use the original door sheet to check for the drift, I just shifted the event picture up so it lines up with my building).

1598709720793.png

Note that I do modify the ! functionality a bit in my projects. I switch it so ! is for my characters, and no ! is for everything else (by editing the objects.js file).
I also find that shifting the character sprites down some (-16) works better with the PVG Characters. But don't think that would make a difference with trying to replicate the issue you are having.

Game_CharacterBase.prototype.shiftY = function() {
// return this.isObjectCharacter() ? 0 : 6;
return this.isObjectCharacter() ? -16 : 0;
};

420Smokin

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if you are still around, but I am trying to use the character sprites and am having trouble with the walking sprites. I added the $ and it still doesnt size right.

I would just like to say that you have done such great work with these tiles and character sprite sheets, I imagine it took a looong time to make all the sheets perfectly work with the clothing for people to combine and use themselves. Your tiles gives off an Oblivion kind of feel to it and it was one of my favorite games from its time. Great work here and any packs in the future from you will be an instant buy from me! Thanks for your hard work. :)
I see you're online and thats the only reason I am asking you this. I know this was a long time ago but could I get your help making the sprites work?

Jesse - PVGames

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Depending on what plugins you're using, you have to set them up a certain way. What plugins are you using to utilize the 8 frame walking sprites?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- OP Candy ---

Kids: Trick Or Treat!
Hero: Alright,here's the Candies (Give A Bunch Of Candy).
Kids: Thank you,Mister! (Running)
Hero: How cute they are…
F.Archer: Did you give them a OP Candy,accidently?
Hero: Huh?
Halloween, a day where kids are encouraged to take candy from strangers.
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Took a break from spriting dinosaurs to carve a dinosaur pumpkin.

Little early but to all of you that celebrate it :

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tian