Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guys

I wondered if I could make a game like Mega Man or Mario. From my JS knowledge, I think it is doable.

Is there a JS script for this ? Can someone shed some light on this ?

Thanks

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't definitively say no, but I wouldn't consider it likely.

I am intrigued, however. I'd be interested to see.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Guys

I wondered if I could make a game like Mega Man or Mario. From my JS knowledge, I think it is doable.

Is there a JS script for this ? Can someone shed some light on this ?

Thanks
currently no known js plugin for MV / MZ as far as i know of... (anyone correct me if i'm wrong).

for doable... yes it's doable... it's just you need to rewrite lots of part from the engine to make it works... (physics engine, etc)...

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
depends if it's a platformer or something like megaman battle network.
platformer plugin exist, battle platformer exist as well (but still in beta).

while it rather use skills, it doesn't use chips.

Synrec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can make a megaman (or megaman X) platformer plugin by creating a physics system and modifying the base battler to have a true walk animation. Also some scene work arounds

The main workload comes from modifying the graphics but it is doable.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is Such plugin and i saw game like that on indiexpo, but that plugin is entirely in japanese. Game itself was downloadable but i Didnt check it for a long time, also i dont know author allows to use that plugin by other users. I need to check it when I get home from work (in 4 - 5 hours).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
Yes! I finally did something! This is a picture I drew of what I wish I looked like; I hope that you guys like it!
Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DawnStar