Goldstorm

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
January 26th is marked on my calendar as the due date. Let's see how spoopy I can make this map. :D

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Final Entry

I guess I will go ahead and make my entry. I had to get this done early because my semester started not to long ago.

My entry is called Departed and my goal for the project was to simulate a tranquil and calm environment. I got the idea of creating a completely submerged train track with only the platform being exposed from the movie "Spirited Away". Though the story part won't count toward the final score I went ahead and did that to give the place a bit of meaning. You and several other people are waiting to board the train to travel to the great beyond (yes, everyone is dead). You can talk to the npcs to learn how they died and what their thoughts on the matter is. When the train arrives, you must decided to either board it to the great beyond or stay behind for all eternity. ** Every NPC can be spoken too twice.

Can't wait to see what everyone else will do!

Song: Members+ Song (The Dryad's Ballad) composed by Scythuz

Graphics: RTP Edits made by me from VX Ace and XP

Scripts: Yanfly Engine Ace and Ace Message System by Yanfly; Overlay mapping by Yami; Multiple fogs by Woratana (I made my own fog).

Entry Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3ysa1t5qyv0r2c/MMC%20-%20Departed.exe?dl=0 (8.92 MB)

Raw Gimp Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m35rkcykswd8krf/Departed.xcf?dl=0 (16.6 MB) This is if you want to see my mapping process.

Screenshot

Departed.png

Last edited by a moderator:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Final Entry

I guess I will go ahead and make my entry. I had to get this done early because my semester started not to long ago.

My entry is called Departed and my goal for the project was to simulate a tranquil and calm environment. I got the idea of creating a completely submerged train track with only the platform being exposed from the movie "Spirited Away". Though the story part won't count toward the final score I went ahead and did that to give the place a bit of meaning. You and several other people are waiting to board the train to travel to the great beyond (yes, everyone is dead). You can talk to the npcs to learn how they died and what their thoughts on the matter is. When the train arrives, you must decided to either board it to the great beyond or stay behind for all eternity. ** Every NPC can be spoken too twice.

Can't wait to see what everyone else will do!

Song: Members+ Song (The Dryad's Ballad) composed by Scythuz

Graphics: RTP Edits made by me from VX Ace and XP

Scripts: Yanfly Engine Ace and Ace Message System by Yanfly; Overlay mapping by Yami; Multiple fogs by Woratana (I made my own fog).

Entry Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3ysa1t5qyv0r2c/MMC%20-%20Departed.exe?dl=0 (8.92 MB)

Raw Gimp Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m35rkcykswd8krf/Departed.xcf?dl=0 (16.6 MB) This is if you want to see my mapping process.

Screenshot

Departed.png
What a nice entry!

The countdown time feels like it forced me to stay on the map a little longer. The part I like is when the train arrive :D

boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What a nice entry!

The countdown time feels like it forced me to stay on the map a little longer. The part I like is when the train arrive :D
Thank you! I had trouble setting the timer as well. I am a quick reader but I also wanted to allow enough time for slower readers as well. It also adds to the immersion of having to wait for a train. xD

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MonkeySnow55 The Cookie 

No, the music is limited to RTP, our store pack, community DLC, ReStaff, Member+ releases or your own creation.

You can use more than one track, but please keep in mind that they all have to be the same theme. The judges might also not stay on a map for long enough to hear multiple tracks. It might be better to focus on fewer songs. :)

If you really really really NEED to use it [a song] and cannot find anything to replace it, get the musician wants [sic] to group up with you and enter the contest together as a 2-person team. :)

sokita

Crawling back to the surface
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
Wow, Boldpaste2, spirited away scene?

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So can we use music from the people here? Like Miss Littlefish, Scyfuz (sry I spelt that wrong) XD
So long as it's from Restaff, Member +, Store Packs etc.  Both me and Ms Littlefish have contributed to restaff for example and they're pretty easy to find.

Also Luna, I can't tell if this has been brought up specifically or not but can entrants use tracks that have been put up in the resource forums?  There are a few composers I can think of that haven't contributed to any of the above but still have tracks available in general resources as downloads.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Also Luna, I can't tell if this has been brought up specifically or not but can entrants use tracks that have been put up in the resource forums?  There are a few composers I can think of that haven't contributed to any of the above but still have tracks available in general resources as downloads.
Nope, just RTP, Re-Staff, Member+, store packs, Community DLC or personally created by the participant.

There is a lot of really gorgeous music out there, but there's a very large variety already in the materials that are allowed. :)

romoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Thanks for asking i am still dumb as a rock xd what is the maximal map size that i can use? :D Cause i cant seem to understand that rule xd

romoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Alrighty thank you very much for your patience and for the help :p

Crazetex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know story won't be counted toward overall score, but is some sort of "required" interaction allowed? For example, to move to the next map you need to pull a lever that causes a platform to appear?

Definitely gonna participate in this. I can always use more free packs.

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know story won't be counted toward overall score, but is some sort of "required" interaction allowed? For example, to move to the next map you need to pull a lever that causes a platform to appear?

Definitely gonna participate in this. I can always use more free packs.
I think they've mentioned that you can have interaction in your submission, but it will not contribute to your score.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Not required, no. It can be added, but it won't have any effect on your score.

Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
Okay, but now I'm pretty sure I need to re-make it again! I used Celianna's Parallax Set and it says the RTP and Member+ or the other stuff...No, like third time but just double checking first! D:

Shuji

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow just saw this contest. I'll start downloading all ReStaff to get some music and think of a map to submit.^^

@boldpaste2: I really liked your map^^ 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisanity1