Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Melody of the Last Canary

Introductions 

Hello there, I am a newbie to RPG maker and I recently got it from the steam sale and thought it would be a good way to display my story. I am an artist who has dabbled in manga, anime, and motion comics. So, I thought an RPG may be a great way to tell my story. “Melody of the Last Canary” is an adaptation of a comic/ animation I had started to make. The game is in the very early stages which means this is not what the final product will necessarily look like. 
World Development 

Setting
The Story takes place in a world called “Halcyon”. The world was said to have been created when the feline beast Leopardus and The Great Phoenix raged war. The Great Phoenix was victorious, leaving Leopardus to rule over the world of darkness. In the present time, humanity holds “feathers” feather being the species of bird that a person's spirit represents, which is based on a person's region of birth or parents rather than based on personality, and the demons of this world are those with feline spirits.

Kingdoms

The world is split into kingdoms; each kingdom being ruled by a specific feather that rules over smaller feathers. Those kingdoms include the Paradise Kingdom, the Eastern Empire, the Golden Kingdom, the Predator Republic, the Raven’s Keep, Winter Ridge, the Red Crest Territory, and the Library Cat Society.

History

Thirteen years ago many of the kingdoms were jealous of the Golden Kingdom’s wealth so, they descended upon the kingdom and destroyed it in The Great Golden Raid. This forced half of feathers to flee, into what is now the Winter Ridge, and the other half, the Robin feathers that had betrayed the Golden Kingdom to take over what is now the Red Crest Territory. In the raid, all that held the Canary feather was lost, all except one.

Story Synopsis

“Melody of the last canary” follows the adventures of Victoria Ignis the last canary, whom after thirteen years is trying to rebuild her kingdom by first gaining alliances with powerful kingdoms.The story is separated into chapters that at first follow the stories of her companions with her story slowly told on the side through dreams and dialogue, but later shifts towards her after most important information is learned about. The first chapter looking closely at Victoria’s main companion, Marie, a young seer (person who can see the feathers of others) who holds the feather of a Flamingo.

Chapter 1 starts off following Victoria and Marie’s journey to the Paradise Kingdom to try and gain the first alliance. On the way you go through forests and overseas battling your way through while slowly learning about the past between the two friends.

Different aspect will come into play as the story progresses and as Victoria gains more and more alliances. In addition, more companions will be met along the way, and similar to chapter 1 will half a brief look into their stories.

Characters at the start of Chapter 1

Victoria- the Main character and the person you play as. She is a very young adult (19) who has become strong but at the same time unbalanced from the many experiences of her past.

Marie-  a sweet young teenager who has lived with Victoria for a good few years. She is care free, but at times can be wrapped in her own thoughts and memories that are not always happy ones. Victoria cares for her deeply and acts as an older sister to her. 

Game Play

The game’s basic game play is dungeons style with random encounters (not side scroll). There will also events where battling will occur. Later on I hope to make skills the show pictures when used and add mini games. One mini game being the Library Cat Challenge, in which a Library Cat will ask a series of questions, that you will have to answer in order to earn prizes. The answers can be found through out the library or be knowledge that is learned by playing through the game. All questions must be answered correctly to defeat the cat and earn the reward, but I have yet to try and make this aspect yet.
Note: I really wish to change the font of the title screen in the future.

What are your thoughts? and Thank you for taking the time to look at this. 

Screen Shots

screen shot 3.jpg

screen shot 4.jpg

screen shot 8.jpg

screen shot 9.jpg

screen shot 1.jpg

screen shot 2.jpg

screen shot 5.jpg

screen shot 7.jpg

screen shot 6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Daughter of Evil

Nightmare Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Look like you have a problem with your spoiler tag. To fix that don't leave any space when writing spoiler. Should be like this

not [ spoiler ]. Hope that helps you. :) By the way, I like the artwork. :D

hiromu656

Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your art is great, and that island map has some pretty nice looking buildings.

Following, hopefully more updates come soon.

Reaction score
First Language
Norway
Primarily Uses
The story sounds interesting and the pictures looks rather inviting.

animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Look like you have a problem with your spoiler tag. To fix that don't leave any space when writing spoiler. Should be like this

not [ spoiler ]. Hope that helps you. :) By the way, I like the artwork. :D
Thank you so much, I have been having trouble figuring out the spoiler thing for a while now and thank you again for liking my art work, I appreciate it. 

Ascension

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
sorry posted in the wrong thread

Spanky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Artwork looks great.

animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Your art is great, and that island map has some pretty nice looking buildings.

Following, hopefully more updates come soon.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate it. I am slowly improving on mapping and hope to improve more and add more updates soon.

Subaru

lvl. 20 Vocaloid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
I'll be looking forward to playing this because of both the art, and the focus on character development which I think might be prominent in this game. I like how you eventually unfold the main story through other characters because it gives players time to get to know each of them.

Anyway, I'll be following this. Looks pretty interesting so far, and I'm hoping more progress comes in :D

animesock52

Sock Witch
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll be looking forward to playing this because of both the art, and the focus on character development which I think might be prominent in this game. I like how you eventually unfold the main story through other characters because it gives players time to get to know each of them.

Anyway, I'll be following this. Looks pretty interesting so far, and I'm hoping more progress comes in :D
Thanks so much, its been a slow process so far, but I hope to get more out soon. 

SlaveOfThaMind

Game Developer / Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hope everything is going well for you! It's been a while :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.
I think I still prefer RPG Maker over Dreams. Been playing around with it, and the controls are really the biggest flaw for me.
Watching Dragon Quest: Your Story on Netflix and already like 5 mins in we've passed over like 3 hours of gameplay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Enkidu