Member+: Vexed and Heroine Character Pack

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Today, we have two exciting brand new packs to share with you!

Member Plus Collection: Vexed is a highly-requested bundle of graphic assets for RPG Maker MV and RPG Maker VX-Ace, created by Vexed Enigma - the artist behind the popular POP series. This extremely large pack features modern, fantasy and futuristic resources such as characters, battlers and tiles. Valued at over 100$, Member Plus Collection: Vexed includes several complete DLC packs in one convenient collection.

Click here to read more.

School is in session!
Heroine Character Pack 1 is a brand new school-themed character pack from Gee-Kun Soft. With 8 heroines, you can build the perfect school environment. Heroine Character Pack 1 is a great match to modern guys in Parallel Worlds Character Pack.

Click here to read more.

Lastly, we have a few new DLC for our Steam fans!

As always, we appreciate your feedback! Let us know what you think about this week's release round.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ha-Ha! Just saw these packs on the RMW storefront before this topic popped up. Really nice packs, especially the new modern characters. I'm also glad that people can finally buy @Vexed's Member+ work. I wonder if we'll eventually see other Mem+ collections up for sale?

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Oh wow, Vexed's stuff is here :kaoluv:

I loved her DS contributions in M+.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow! I'm so excited about this, Vexed had such wonderful stuff on M+! I already have it all but I really wanted some of our newer members to have the chance at them. Yaaaaay!

Edit: It has EXCLUSIVE tiles?! Okay, gotta fit this into my budget somehow!

Zabu

Prince of light
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Français
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's cool but i think that Separate packages for the differents style (Pop! ; DS etc...) could have been cool.
I will not buy a pack this price for only few things i want, but that's still cool :)

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd actually pay 15 bucks if they would draw some of those anime character stills based off the characters I've made in the generator. Then I could use them for GENE.

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll definitely be buying Vexed's pack! I already have some of the content from my M+ membership, but some of it wasn't available anymore when I joined. And yeah the price is steep, but I love her style, and definitely want to support her work. Thanks for making this material available again!

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the Japanese style anime characters though. There are moans coming from the health office... I wonder what the hell is going on?

RadiantCadenza

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That's cool but i think that Separate packages for the differents style (Pop! ; DS etc...) could have been cool.
I will not buy a pack this price for only few things i want, but that's still cool :)
Agreed. $75 for "over $100 worth of materials" almost sounds like a good deal on paper, but If I only want $30-40 worth of the stuff on it, then I'm just overpaying. An MV user is overpaying since a lot of the assets included are ace format only. And vice versa if someone has a DS style project they're overpaying on a bunch of POP style assets that might not fit with them stylistically.

I think there is no harm in offering the megapack AND offering some of the materials in smaller individual packs to give players the option.

There also aren't enough screenshots to show all of the content so it's hard to tell if it has enough stuff in it that would be genuinely useful to me to throw down that much money up front. Not everything listed is pictured (Obviously I don't expect full asset sheets but I do expect at least one example screenshot of each tileset) so it feels like an expensive mystery grab bag. I like to know exactly what I'm buying.

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll say this though. That while customized sprite characters are nice to have, matching them up with anime portraits, it would actually be great to have those clothing options for use in the Character Generator. Then it wouldn't be so restrictive to the types of characters you would want to put them in.

But speaking about preset characters, what MV is really in dire need of is child characters for random NPCs.

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
While i'm not opposed to this vexed collection, the simple fact is that people are typically only developing games in one engine at a time. for example, i'd never use the VX materials, only the MV, so it seems incredibly overpriced to me to force me to buy both.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do agree that the price tag is high for vexed member+ collection BUT you have to remember the way they made it sound was the art was exclusive to member+ members and now they are releasing it to everyone so I think the price of admission is a fair one considering what original member+ members paid over the course of many months.

*and for those worried about it not fitting in MV, I know that her pop resources can be upsized in photoshop using nearest neighbor and it doesn’t lose any details at all really. I use it in my MV game without any issues.

Last edited:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So, I'm looking over the resources offered, and I think the price of $100 for what they'd go for individually is an underestimation. If we just look at the MV artwork which only has the POP resources, and I'm seeing enough stuff for a character pack, four medium sized art packs, and two small packs. So that's approximately what, $110 just for those? That doesn't include whatever things you can swipe in from the Ace sets and still make work.

I'm not trying to say it's not expensive. It is. I have no idea how I'm going to afford it. But I'm going to figure it out because to me it's worth it.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's great to finally see a Members+ Pack entering the Shop. But I sadly have to pass here. I would like to have the exclusives but $70,- is really not a small price if only for them. I have my hopes up that Cinema Lobby and Arcade Tiles will find their way in a standalone pack but if not it will be the first time my RPG-Maker assets collection will have a gap. However, I wish you good luck with the sale and also hope that more member+ items will surface over time. Cheers!

ItsAlterity

Mirroraculous Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mean, this is good and all, I really like what there is to offer for the Vexxed pack. However, as many have said, I use MV, which makes the pack almost feel superfluous. At the very least, having an option that splits MV and VX Ace options (Or just the MV ones) would be very welcome. The quality is definitely something though, and if there are more Members+ packs like some have mentioned, the more the merrier! I would definitely want to see more. I simply hope they would be a little better distributed. That being said, the Character Pack is wonderful and definitely something I would consider in the future if I need this sort of thing! The character packs as a whole have been consistently impressive

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ItsAlterity If you check Sharm's post, (a couple above yours) you'll see why it is still worth while for MV.

Phade102

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I dont mind this DLC being expensive. What I dislike is that I wont use half of the dlc because I simply dont use vx ace. I'd be paying way more than I should for something i'd never use. I feel the MV and VX ace should be split up, not only will you get more sales, but it'll be better priced.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This isn't a normal pack, this is a Members plus compilation. This grab bag of random stuff for an unusually good deal was the entire concept behind M+, and that's how all the M+ releases will probably be going forward. The only way to judge if a mixed bag like this is worth it is by looking at the content that is relevant to you and deciding if it's worth that cost to you. If you look at the other stuff you're not getting you're going to get a warped view of the value. This was priced expecting that no one would be using everything.

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Will those packs get released on Steam as well? I really like them but I like to buy everything at one spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!
Stream will be live shortly! I am going to be playing some Among Us! Feel free to drop by!
Ami
tv program always get the ratings (it's the reason why drama series has 1000+ episode),also full and nonsense of censorship (weird blur, a scene getting cut because the unconvenient viewer,but it unconvenient to me either. you never see what the original is)

i know the reason is to take cover the viewer from the negative thing,but i just laughing and mocking of them that they're always suck :guffaw:
Star Chart Idea - Just something I am working on.
My sister learned spanish the old fashioned way and saw my way of conjugating. I don't use the formal method and just wing it. I thought her heart might explode. Apparently, different words use different endings. Weird part is even though I never learned the difference, I still can tell when the endings "look wrong".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Musixim