Countyoungblood

Sleeping Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Recently Ive started Dming a group for 5e. Since its my first time we're playing loose and experimental as I learn the different aspects of the game.

The group was investigating some dwarven ruins..had been through a few fights and made it to the final room inside of which I had prepared a little gimmick. In the center of a room full of treasure is a pedistal. In front of the pedistal is a skeleton slumped over holding an iron flask. The skeletons skull is cracked wide open. on the pedistal is a note.

"He tried to drink me, now hes stinky.

My rogue...imediately throws the iron flask at the cleric. The iron flask is basically a pokeball so he catches the cleric..the highest leveled character at the time in the flask. The previous occupant of the flask...a nilbog just happened to have magehand so he grabs the flask..opens it up and tells the cleric (who must obey for 1 hour) to kill the other two characters.

I spent the rest of the session mediating the party attempting to kill one another. Loved it.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've really not played that much DND but I did have one kinda wtf moment in one.

It's the beginning of the campaign, and we're investigating a meteor that fell right after a cryptic conversation with some weird mages. There's 3 of us, a wizard, a bard and a monk. Out of the crater steps some kind of amorphous shadow with eyes randomly appearing and disappearing all over its body. I try using knowledge and discern it's an extraplanar monster, the monk strikes up a conversation and the bard...decides to dropkick it. It responds by biting her, instantly leaving her with 1 hp. I cast a lightshow kinda spell trying to distract it/bind its many eyes but it just reflects it back at us, making the monk's next attack miss because he's now dazzled. Obviously engaging the scary monster in combat at lv 1 probably wasn't the best of ideas.

So anyway, back to bard's turn, she's almost dead, still stuck in the shadow-monster-thing's jaws and so she's just like <I try to seduce the monster> and then everybody gets real quite. Dungeon master says "give me a few minutes, I have to think about this" and we wait for like five minutes.

So he eventually get's back to us and has the monster spit her out and go "you're...propositioning me? Accepted." and then the monster crawls into the bard's open wound and just sort of shoots up inside her, she passes out but when it's over the thing is gone and her wounds are healed.

Unfortunately the group kinda fizzled out after a couple more sessions, monk disappeared and I got busy with work and didn't have time and the game just kinda died, but it would have been real interesting seeing where the dm would have taken the story from there, what the latter ramifications of the bard having an extraplaner monstrosity living inside her could have been down the line. I think dm and the bard kinda unanimously decided that it caused her to murder me and the monk since we were the ones who couldn't find the time to keep going, and I kinda wonder if the whole event maybe scared the monk off, as he really just sort of dropped off without warning.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was running a Call of Cthulhu game not too long ago.

My investigators were following the clues and leads just as they should. They were investigating a mass abduction. A few bumps here and there along the way but they managed... that is until they got to the climax. They come upon the abductor and the five abductees in a strange ritual they did not understand. They couldn't make out what the abductor was chanting. Upon further inspection, they realized that all the abductees had their wrist "hurt" and the blood was pooling into the center where the abductor was. One of my investigators failed their Sanity check and ended up firing his service pistol and killing the abductor mid ritual. At that point, the ritual site explodes in blood-red light. The investigators wake up sometime later to find out that the abductor and the abductees are nowhere to be found. Upon stepping outside, they are greeted with the horrific sight of monolithic tentacles weaving in and out of a clouded sky. Needless to say, they each lost all their sanity and the game came to an end.

<_< it was one of the unlikely scenarios that were supposed to happen but hey, you gotta stick with what you roll.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was playing warhammer fantasy battle with a couple of friends. I was playing Chaos Dwarves, my nerdy friend was playing Hordes of Chaos and my other 'friend' (with issues) was playing High Elves. It was a 3 way battle. Turn one the Chaos player casts Arnizipal's Black Horror on the high elves rear rank. Where he had placed all his characters on the small table. The high elves player tries to dispel. It fails.The black cloud of mist with tentacles starts off by plowing through some silver helms. Killing some and spitting back out their smoldering corpses. Then it moved onto his Lord on a griffin. Griffin passes strength test and the leader of the army doesn't. Another corpse adds to the pile. Leaderless griffin flys off. Then it hit the hero(second in command) on his horse. Also fails strength test. Nom. Nom. Spit-tooie. High elf plays gets really mad. Yells some obscenities and with his hand knocks off a large amount of his army off the table. They go flying in all directions. Storms out of the room. "Guess the high elf army left the battle" I said. After picking up high elves off the floor and out of our units We continue playing.

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Time I Nat 1'd a Stealth Roll

- Be me, a Dragonborn Druid who hates metal so much that he only uses wood weapons and cloth/leather armor. Also has a club that can transform into a massive 60-foot tree once a day.
- We enter a forest and come across some monsters. We roll Stealth.
- Nat 1
- My Dragonborn: "I AM A NINJA!!!!!"
- Roll Initiative

The Time I died on the very first encounter

In this game, we were playing in a world where magic was impossible and everyone was human, so we all played physical classes. I was a Swashbuckler who had a fairly detailed, yet simple backstory that ties in with the party. I was pretty excited to play him. We were all Level 1 and the campaign began with us coming across a group of cultists.

I managed to stab one guy before a Crossbowman one-shot me. Failed all of my death saves, no medical supplies to help me. The rest of the party just nonchalantly buried me and moved on. I was pretty PO'd.

The campaign was cancelled a few weeks later due to the DM's personal life.

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The Time I Nat 1'd a Stealth Roll

- Be me, a Dragonborn Druid who hates metal so much that he only uses wood weapons and cloth/leather armor. Also has a club that can transform into a massive 60-foot tree once a day.
- We enter a forest and come across some monsters. We roll Stealth.
- Nat 1
- My Dragonborn: "I AM A NINJA!!!!!"
- Roll Initiative

The Time I died on the very first encounter

In this game, we were playing in a world where magic was impossible and everyone was human, so we all played physical classes. I was a Swashbuckler who had a fairly detailed, yet simple backstory that ties in with the party. I was pretty excited to play him. We were all Level 1 and the campaign began with us coming across a group of cultists.

I managed to stab one guy before a Crossbowman one-shot me. Failed all of my death saves, no medical supplies to help me. The rest of the party just nonchalantly buried me and moved on. I was pretty PO'd.

The campaign was cancelled a few weeks later due to the DM's personal life.
Should have played Warhammer Fantasy RolePlay. You get Fate points that automatically save you from an early death.

Darth Equus

I *HATE* Parallax Mapping.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I once rolled two consecutive 1s in the same encounter when attempting to use Smite Evil with my Paladin, against some skeletons in a catacomb. I swear my father in law (he was the DM) gave me trick dice...

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tanarex I used to work in a small shop in Dallas TX area that hosted Warhammer games, LOL, I've seen some pretty spectacular events unfold watching those guys play and seeing grown men throw fits after a series of bad rolls

Tanarex

Scrub
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Tanarex I used to work in a small shop in Dallas TX area that hosted Warhammer games, LOL, I've seen some pretty spectacular events unfold watching those guys play and seeing grown men throw fits after a series of bad rolls
Did any of them do a wrath of God move? I'm just glad they were just unpainted plastic spearmen. Those pewters ones cost between $15 to $50 apiece.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
party trying to sneak through and past a catacomb infested of monsters, and the rogue in charge of keeping the stealth rolls two nat 1's in a row.

............yep.....

*panic*panic*panic*panic*panic*panic*panic*panic*panic*panic*panic*

but my all-time favorite, is not mine:

*LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES!*

Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Memorable and sad moment, because of a lot of failed dice rolls....

During a game in a post-apocalyptic cyberpunk game. Players joined a bounty hunter faction. They thought this was quick and easy money, in a harsh world where getting something to eat was already an adventure.

They were looking for a girl who had participated in a terrorist attack against one of the more powerful corporations. The reward was $ 10,000.

After investigating they came to a girl, who upon seeing the bounty hunters fled to her apartment. They followed her.

Frightened of the bounty hunters, she tried to escape through a window, but failed to roll the dice and fell to the ground. Dying.

When they went down to look for her (and the $10k reward) they discovered that she was not the girl they were looking for.

She had something small, wrapped in a blanket.

They found the girl in the bounty hunters database. The Corporation was also looking for her and that's why she fled.

The Corporation was chasing her for stealing medications from a corporation factory, the reward was a mere $ 50.

They found her next to the lifeless body of her 3-month-old baby, the reason why she had stolen meds from the Corporation.

The players' faces upon discovering all were like a sad poem.

In that cruel, post-apocalyptic world, in a world that rewarded selfish, cold, and disheartened people.... They began to empathize with other people.

Players did their best in the following days to be able to stop working as bounty hunters.

Over time, they redirected all their efforts to fight against the Corporation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babiboo