Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, so I am gonna get straight to the point here. I started a project a while back, and for the longest time I was using PH Quest Book plugin to log all the quests the player had received. Recently Yanfly has introduced his plugin for a quest journal and because of my love for his plugins and how well pout together they are, I thought I'd change all my quests to work with Yanfly's new system.

I removed the PH Quest Book plugin from my plugin directory completely, and then put in Yanfly's Plugin. I also deleted every single event, common event, variable and switch that was directly related to the PH Quest book plugin, and yet after all that, and deleting the plugin, the command for the quest book from PH Quests is still on the menu. And when the player clicks on it, it crashes with an error saying that "Scene_QuestBook is not defined."

I understand it's referencing back to PH Quests, but I am wondering why the command was not removed from the menu when I deleted the plugin. I double checked Yanfly's main menu manager to make sure I didn't have it placed in the game through that, and there wasn't anything there.

Is there a way I can get it so the old quest menu command is gone, without having to create a fresh plugin directory and have to redo all of my settings for them?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you start a new game after the changes?

Most Plugins save part of their data and their code into the savefiles, so loading an older savefile can bring back old data.

If that happens with a new game, then you forgot to remove a reference some where...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or you could have a patch plugin that links the PH Quest Book with Yanfly's plugin, that you also need to remove.

Nisshoku

CEO NisshoTatsu Gaming
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Andar Well, not sure how it happened, especially since I checked it like 3 times, but it seems I did miss the PH Quest book reference that was indeed in Yanfly's main menu manager. :biggrin: Guess I was just tired. Anyway the issue has been resolved now.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Terrible Writing Advice, you've done it again.
1635026211997.png
Feeling like my new profile picture is nice. Thinking of making it semi-permanent, does any one has an opinion? Does it look too evil or does it work as a public profile picture? :)
Bishiba.png
My washing machine is a supernatural being. I lost a piece of clothing in there a month ago; searched up and down, inside other clothes, nothing. It just vanished.
Today, put in a new load. When I pull it out, the missing clothing is back! And a sock was sacrificed in the process :yswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_single_firefly