Cosmic Architect

Architect of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I will first start by saying that I started disabling and re-enabling scripts until finally, I just turned them all off. This did not resolve the issue.

When I push "exc" or "b", nothing happens. I've looked a lot, but unfortunately found nothing similar to this issue. Menu commands are all checked in the database. As some have recommended in similar posts, I tried using F1 to see if my buttons were reconfigured correctly, but nothing happens when I push that button ether. Function lock is not my issue- All other function keys seem to work fine. I believe this may be a problem carried over from when I made this project in VX Ace shortly before the transfer, though I am not entirely certain.(I started transferring awhile ago, afraid I've been away too long to remember for sure.)

I would appreciate help with this a lot, and am actively trying to solve it myself, thank you!

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Have you tried using the built in script option to disable/enable menu access? It is possible you have accidentally set it to Disabled somewhere in your scenes? I tend to make a debug map for all my games so I can test out various events and stuff in it if they are not working correctly. perhaps just make an NPC that enables map access an then give it a try, if that works then the long process of looking through all your events begins. If it's not that then I don't know what to suggest as it appears you have tried everything else.

P.S. You may also want to try the "call Menu" command from the event editor and see if that works too.

Cosmic Architect

Architect of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have you tried using the built in script option to disable/enable menu access? It is possible you have accidentally set it to Disabled somewhere in your scenes? I tend to make a debug map for all my games so I can test out various events and stuff in it if they are not working correctly. perhaps just make an NPC that enables map access an then give it a try, if that works then the long process of looking through all your events begins. If it's not that then I don't know what to suggest as it appears you have tried everything else.

P.S. You may also want to try the "call Menu" command from the event editor and see if that works too.
Yeah... Thanks for the ideas though, I hope one works!

Cosmic Architect

Architect of Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I found it! I'd disabled menu access in my custom homepage to prevent people from opening the menu there, and forgotten! I even saw where I'd tried to put an "enable" command at the beginning to try to fix the problem(months ago), but it was in the second screen of the event directly after it xD

Thank you sir, your suggestion may have seemed simple, but it's something I'd missed when I tried it before. :) I'm happy to say that this question has been answered, feel free to close it mods.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I cannot get the Benny Hill Theme out of my head
A wave of cold air has hit Canada... I know it's "always cold", but this one is especially cold... I'm freezing to death lol.
Have fun with English: a "fire grenade" is not portable napalm but a fire extinguisher tool.
2 days ago someone tried to convert me to Islam. Today youtube tried to convert me to Catholicism. The only thing left would be to meet sone Jehova's witnesses.
I just successfully tested changing music by region, and changing it between continents on the world map after getting on/off the airship. I had to override the default audio transitions with eventing to make it change smoothly but it worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emarald04