Menu Music

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

Ever wanted to play some music when you open up the menu? For example, on the map, you might have the regular map music playing, but then when you go to the menu, you have a separate BGM specifically for when players are going through the menu.

With this plugin, you can do that just that!

Not only can you choose what BGM to play, you can also change it at anytime during the game with events.

More information and downloads are available at HimeWorks
Originally requested by KadoDragon

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good plugin! But at least by looking at the video, seems that the map music always is restarted from the begining when you close the menu. Can you do that it pauses the map music when you open the menu and continues when you close the menu?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Good plugin! But at least by looking at the video, seems that the map music always is restarted from the begining when you close the menu. Can you do that it pauses the map music when you open the menu and continues when you close the menu?
Here's a video showcasing the new feature:

KadoDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sweet. Thanks for doing this!

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is really good! Btw where did you get the different face expressions for the promo character? I'd like them too :)

anyway to add bgm battle music change based off of party leader? would be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is really good! Btw where did you get the different face expressions for the promo character? I'd like them too :)

anyway to add bgm battle music change based off of party leader? would be awesome!
I guess that it would be done in a separate plugin if Hime accepts do it, which is a good idea, also would be awesome if this can be done for this menu plugin, I mean, change the menu music based on the leader.

@Hime-chan can you do a function for pause also the menu music, so we can pause both or just one music scene or none? I don't require that last feature but if is easy to do for you, that would give more versatility to other users.

PS: Mind you if I call you "Hime-Chan"? Or do you prefer just "Hime"?

Thank you in advance :)

EDIT: Whops, I typed "god" instead of "good".

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

I edited the faces by erasing the mouth and then drawing a line of approximately the same length. Not sure if I can share them.

Leader-based music would be nice.

I guess that it would be done in a separate plugin if Hime accepts do it, which is a good idea, also would be awesome if this can be done for this menu plugin, I mean, change the menu music based on the leader.

@Hime-chan can you do a function for pause also the menu music, so we can pause both or just one music scene or none? I don't require that last feature but if is easy to do for you, that would give more versatility to other users.

PS: Mind you if I call you "Hime-Chan"? Or do you prefer just "Hime"?

Thank you in advance :)

EDIT: Whops, I typed "god" instead of "good".
You can pause menu music by just setting the menu music to None.

I don't mind how you wish to refer me but if it's something unusual I might not recognize it and accidentally ignore a question.

Sol Rising

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
for some reason your plugin overwrites the music i have for the map after I leave the bgm playing in the menu for like 30 seconds. How do I set it to automatically play the map bgm again?

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
for some reason your plugin overwrites the music i have for the map after I leave the bgm playing in the menu for like 30 seconds. How do I set it to automatically play the map bgm again?
It looks like if you navigate menus, it doesn't replay the map BGM.

I've updated the plugin to address the issue.

Nik0405

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Great plugin!

I found an compatibility issue. It is incompatible with ArkDG's Save Engine.

If both plugins are used the sound  will not continue after leaving the menu.

Maybe you can take a look and fix this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Writing out an idea for the No Travel Game Jam. I have a general plot and challenge written out, it's just a matter of filling the rest in and making it interesting.
A definite difficult time right now. How is everyone doing during this pandemic? I already have seen furloughs and layoffs.
Hollow 1977 wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hope you and your family are doing well during this difficult time. :)
My elderly neighbor whom I've been buying groceries for just got carried out of his home on a stretcher by guys with hazmat suits. Considering I've been his only point of contact for the past month it's probably safe to say my boss was right to tell me to stay home once I developed a mild cough after all.
Damn. All these new features to the forums. Takes some getting used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
highchloride