Menu - Remove black screen

Discussion in 'RGSS Script Requests' started by PlexaryDamato, Feb 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PlexaryDamato

PlexaryDamato Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    You guys know about this, whenever you press X to go to the menu the screen goes completely black. Is there a way of preventing it from happening?

2. GlitchyPSIX

GlitchyPSIX PSI User Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Specify me your problem (If you can pass screenshots), and I may help you.

3. Matchitza

Matchitza Finally Inspired! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Well if we don't see the problem, unfortunately :unsure:  . We can't help.. Can you provide screenshots? 

Edit: (I think this should be in RPG Maker XP support, lol. Or maybe VX or maybe VXAce..)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
  4. PlexaryDamato

First Language:
    Spanish
    Sorry, I should have worded myself better, it doesn't go completely black, but the background, the part of the screen behind the command windows goes black. Here's a screenshot of how it looks like whenever I go to the menu:

[​IMG]
    And no, I posted this in the XP scripting section because I thought this could be fixed modifying the scripts, but I may be wrong, if that's the case then yeah, this thread should be moved.

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you using RPG Maker XP or VX Ace?

If you are using RMXP, you posted in the right area. It is just confusing because your profile and the blurb under your avatar say you use VX Ace and you did not specify either in the title or in your post that you're using XP.

If you are using Ace, then yes, it's in the wrong forum.

The answer will depend on which one you're using.

6. PlexaryDamato

First Language:
    Spanish
    Oh, sorry about that. Yeah, I use RPG Maker XP.

7. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What do you want it to do instead? Show an image of the map? That's probably easier to do in Ace because there are methods for it. I don't remember if XP has the same ability - I suspect not. You might find a script that's already written if you search around for it though. The RMRK forum has a lot of XP scripts.

8. PlexaryDamato

First Language:
    Spanish
    I want it to show nothing, just leave the map viewable like the Wolf RPG Editor does. And I'll see what can I find there, thanks. I'll be open for any other contributions here as well.

EDIT: There are two scripts that make the map viewable while the menu is on, but I don't seem to be able to find which command triggers that.

9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You shouldn't need to use a command to trigger it. Something like that would just go into the scripts and work pretty much without configuration. Are there instructions where you found them, or instructions in the script itself? Did you take a good look at the script header?

If you'd posted links I would have been able to check them out straight away and tell you how to use them. Now I have to wait for you to post links, and then you have to wait for me (or someone else) to take a look at them and get back to you.

10. PlexaryDamato

First Language:
    Spanish
  11. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh, no, you don't want that at all if your only goal is to show the map as the background while in the menu.

That script puts all the menus onto the map. That's completely different to what you're talking about. You are after something that takes a snapshot of the map before going into a menu, and displays that image as the menu background.

Unfortunately all I can think of is to get a screenshot script and have it modified to not save the image, but to use it as the background on all your menus.

Unless you DO want to just go with the script above and bring up all the menus right on your map.

12. PlexaryDamato

First Language:
    Spanish
    Oh, I don't want that menu, like you said, I want to have the map as a background, and if the only way of doing so is via a screenshot script then I'll have to search for one. Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Well, I found here a thread made by someone who tries to do the same I'm doing and seems to be doing pretty well so far, and I think I'd be using @spriteset = Spriteset_Map.new[SIZE=13.63636302948px] [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]and [/SIZE]@spriteset.dispose[SIZE=13.63636302948px] for Scene_Menu, the problem is that I don't know where to place both of them or even if it'll be what I'm looking for.[/SIZE]

13. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, the post by crazyninjaguy gives you a script to use and tells you where to put it. Do exactly what he says - with the full script he's given.

PlexaryDamato likes this.
  14. PlexaryDamato

First Language:
    Spanish
    It worked! Thanks for your help.