Menu 'Save' command change to 'Journal' and hidden until triggered by event

The Fox Eyed Man

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
(I apologise if I've posted this in completely the wrong place!) 

I was wondering whether anyone could help me with making the save command in the in game menu hidden until a certain event (that event being the MC being given a journal), and when it does show up it should say 'Journal' instead of 'save'. I currently have the Yanfly Ace Menu Engine script (and Yanfly Save Engine) installed but I don't have enough scripting experience to really know what I am doing (I've tried making custom commands in the Ace Menu Engine script configuration section, but I don't know how those would fit in with the save command).

Last edited by a moderator:

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the Database, under Terms, there should be 'Save' to the right. Change that to Journal.
In the Event Editor, tab three under System Settings, click 'Change Save Access' and set to Off. When that point in the game is reached, in the event were you get the journal, do Change Save Access again, and set it to Off. No scripting experience required.

The Fox Eyed Man

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Diretooth 

Ah shoot I should have mentioned that I'm also using Yanfly Save Options (I've edited the question to say so now). I had already changed the database to swap it from save to journal (which works), but the enable/disable save commands during events don't seem to do anything (and would the enable/disable commands really 'hide' the option, or just grey it out?).

(By the way, thanks for the reply I appreciate the help  :) )

Diretooth

Lv. 23 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It will merely gray out the option, not remove it. Looking over both scripts, I don't see any way to really remove the save option from the menu, but I don't see why it wouldn't allow you to disable it in the menu.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yanfly's Save System script will only read the default "Save Disabled" feature inside the save screen for the "Save" button, not in the main menu.

Since you use Yanfly's Menu Engine, and the save command is a regular command, here is what you will need to do in that script:

1. Search for the COMMANDS setting.

2. In that setting, there should be a :save symbol entered. Change that to :save1 .

3. Now, a little below this setting, there is another named CUSTOM_COMMANDS. Head over there.

4. In that setting, you should add this line:

:save1 => ["Journal", 0, 0, :command_save],

The zeros you see there are switch IDs. If you leave them on 0, the command will always be enabled and shown.

If you set them to something higher than 1, than when you turn ON that switch, than it will be enabled/shown.

The first 0 is the enable switch, the second 0 is the show switch.

Save and test, it should work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oersted_LAL