wyverngem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure if it's doable, but on the Menu Status screen can the actor stats (Atk, Def, etc) and Equipment be removed to make room for a larger profile?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV

wyverngem

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

No this is not what I need. That script adds a navigation bar at the top of the screen that cannot be removed. Yes, the "profile" page is what I was hoping for, but there's no way to remove the navigation in this script. Thanks for trying though.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, you can, you just need to delete the entries you don't need.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use \n to perform a line break.

I was tinkering around with a solution as well and I seem to have run into the same issue you were having with 'convertEscapeCharacters' not doing its job properly. Is there a reason why the substitution was not converting \n as it should? I am so confused.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was tinkering around with a solution as well and I seem to have run into the same issue you were having with 'convertEscapeCharacters' not doing its job properly. Is there a reason why the substitution was not converting \n as it should? I am so confused.

I'm not completely sure myself. I just know that using some regex to replace parts of the text before it is drawn works.

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's  two kinds;  there's one that converts escape characters immediately in the text for the representation while drawn. Another is used while information is being drawn in the window.

I believe convertedEscapeCharacters is the former, and doesn't pick up line break, but will pick up x1b which is the hex code or unicode used to tell the game where an escape character starts. It will only pick up line breaks typed in the editor.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"
How can I look up the components for a medieval bomb for my game without the FBI showing up at my door?
I don't think I can handle using the real SNES resolution of 512x448 because resizing absolutely every interface element I had on hand by painstaking trial & error/guess and check (is there any other way?) is KILLING me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyoVsJs