Menu "town" hub

hexxor

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been learning RPGMV by myself for a few months and have been wondering about having a menu "town" hub that enables a player to deploy to dungeons in a classic dungeon crawler fashion. Delpoy to dungeons, use shop, craft etc. But I have no idea how to pull this off.

Is this possible to do with MV? If so can anyone point me to something that would help?

Thanks

Lanzy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I understand you correctly, what you are asking for is a costum menu. Because it is such a specific request I believe javascripting your own menu is the only option in this case.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Technically you can dress a map up to look like a menu, change the player's image to a cursor, and have the cursor jump to various points on the map next to pictures of the text option you want. Then check if the player pushes the button at that spot to send them to where you want. This can be done entirely without plugins. :LZSwink:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!
Excited to be nearing the end of setting up my own custom Point-And-Click system template! Just need to iron out some kinks, get an input text system going, add animations to buttons, and then finalize my button-mashing event system and it'll be complete >:3c
AlcTheHero wrote on Mystic_Enigma's profile.
hi.
Still recovering from my laptop's transformation into a brick. I hope to be back to making soon.
Urgh. That sense of frustration when I tell my husband the plot of my game, bullet points, and at the end he looks and me and says 'that's it? Final Fantasy has more twists and turns.' Me: Ahrug! Bullet points!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuyetky01