Menus Cancel Command + Single-Click

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Hi guys, this is an RPG Maker MV plugin that adds “Cancel” commands to menus, including in shops, so that the user will not have to press the cancel button (Esc / right-click / two-finger-tap).

It also allows changing the menus behavior to a single-click selection, instead of first highlighting the desired command and then selecting it.
  • The cancel command name is configurable – you may call it “Cancel”, “Back”, “Exit”, or anything else.
  • The specific menus in which the command will be included can also be selected.
  • Double / single click is also configurable

Let us know if you liked it or if you have any comments / suggestions.

Platform: RPG Maker MV 1.6.2

1. Free for non-commercial and commercial use.
  2. Please credit BallgameStudios

plugin parameters.png

main menu.png

options.png

equip.png

You may download the plugin here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added video to show the behavior of the plugin.

8bitsim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker MV plugin that adds “Cancel” commands to menus
Hi Ballgame, thank you for the plugin - works very smoothly!

I have one problem though with YEP_ItemCore and YEP_EquipCore. When using your plugin, and the commands exceed 4 options, they form 2 columns (as pictured - 1.png).

Can you please make an option for commands to either tile into columns (current format), or remain as one column of commands (i.e. one single list)? Ideally, I would like the commands in the later... one single list with the "back" command at the end.

Thanks again! :)

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, thank you so much for using the plugin and for the feedback.
I have never tested it with these YEP plugins. Trying it now, I see that when I change the order of plugins (placing mine above YEP) it changes back to a single-column view. Does this solve the problem for you?

But I see other compatibility issues regardless of the order:
In both cases, when I step into the items list itself of any category (e.g. "Weapon") and then stepping on "Back", the game crashes....
Let me know if you also have this problem and I will try to look into it. Not promising anything though :wink:

8bitsim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, thank you so much for using the plugin and for the feedback.
I have never tested it with these YEP plugins. Trying it now, I see that when I change the order of plugins (placing mine above YEP) it changes back to a single-column view. Does this solve the problem for you?

But I see other compatibility issues regardless of the order:
In both cases, when I step into the items list itself of any category (e.g. "Weapon") and then stepping on "Back", the game crashes....
Let me know if you also have this problem and I will try to look into it. Not promising anything though :wink:
Thank you for the response! :)

I've moved the plugin above those affected and it simply crashes then menu from the start (when trying to access)...

Hope you get a chance to have a look.

Thanks again. :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

Please try the attached version and let me know if it's good so I can add it as a formal version.
You still need to place it above the YEP plugins to have a single-column list, but hopefully now it will not crash. If it still crashes, please describe exactly where and let me know the exact RPG Maker version you are using, YEP plugin versions, and any other detail you can think of (because it does not happen on my end).

Attachments

8bitsim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the update! I've given it top position in plugins and have this feedback:
  • Item menu crashes with Arisu Visual Inventory (paid plugin, crucial for me) - see image 3
  • When the above plugin is switched off, I still get no back option in the item category menu - see image 1. I can see the new "Back" option in the items list.
  • I noted the skill menu also didn't have the "Back" option - see image 2.
  • Other sections all functioned correctly with the new back option/single click.
  • My plugin settings - see image 4.
I'll leave it with you! Please don't feel like I'm pressuring you to fix, although I'm happy to keep testing for you. :)

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, back to square one... :smile:
I think the natural place of my plugin is really below the YEP ones, not above them.

If we put the Arisu plugin aside (since I don't have it), does this resolve all the problems with the YEP plugins besides displaying two columns?

If so, I will try to make it optional as you requested. Shouldn't be a big deal (hopefully).

8bitsim

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking good without the Arisu plugin, so great work all around! Will test more if you have the chance to update.

Thank you! :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I added the "Vertical Menus" option you requested. It was actually pretty easy :smile:
You still need to place it below the YEP plugins.
The default is "false", so change it to "true" to have the item category and equip category vertical.

Please see attached and let me know if it's good. Thanks for doing the QA :wink:

Attachments

Galaxyglow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! And it works fantastically with YEP's plugins now for me. XD

I have one question, I'm using YEP's profile plugin, which gives me an extra menu scene. Is there anyway to add your plugin in there, too?

PS I love the one click capability you added!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @Galaxyglow, that's great to hear! I don't have YEP's profile plugin. If it's free to use and distribute, could you please share a link so I can see what I can do? Also, if you could share some images that will show exactly what you need, that could be very helpful.

hosercanadian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really enjoy your plug-in, it has made development of mobile deployment so much easier.

I do have one issue in Yanfly compatibility with Skill Learn System. It doesn't seem to add to that menu and when I wrote my own code to try using it, I seem to have over-written the menus used to track that entire plug-in and caused my game to crash.

Any chance you would be able to write the lines to add this compatibility?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks @hosercanadian! I appreciate the feedback and am glad that the plugin is helpful. I don't have YEP's Skill Learn plugin. If it's free to use and distribute, could you please share a link so I can see what I can do? Also, if you could share some images that will show exactly what you need, that could be very helpful.

hosercanadian

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@BallgameStudios I see the specific plug-in is now no longer a free version. I have been busy with work so I was unable to reply. From the errors I received I think the new scene control section I added in your plug-in seems to share a variable (or over-write a variable) from the Yanfly plug-in. Unfortunately I didn't keep my script (I reverted to your stable version and I didn't keep my poor code).

Attached is a a screen shot. As you see it doesn't show the Back command in the in the middle section (which is where the skill list you can learn appears).

If not obvious by the large boxes I am aiming to make this mobile friendly so your plug-in saves me a lot of headache.

When I have time to tackle this again I will maybe show you the script I draft up to see if it

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is there anyone need help with anything except art and music?
is Gotcha Gotcha Games Inc. = KADOKAWA CORPORATION? I haven't found this topic yet, Want to know for credits on my game. Thanks.
If you get everything you want, when you want it, it kills your creativity. If you never get anything you want, you're forced to be creative with what you have.
Old chiptune loops free for use.
I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hennet91