Menus not appearing when game is booted up.

BlackCatWorks

I don't know how to change my avatar
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I've recently been having trouble with my menus vanishing whenever I start the game. Additionally I keep getting an error when I try to do a test battle, giving me the third image shown. What can I do to fix this? Please and thank you!

Screenshot 2020-01-18 17.55.42.png

Screenshot 2020-01-18 17.58.10.png

1579400559670.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sounds like either a failed or missing update on your project.

please check both editor version and project version.
The editor version can be read in the menu (help-about)
For the project version, go to the project folder, to the js folder and open the rpg_core.js file with a text editor. The version number is the number at the end of the title line (no number means 1.0)

Please report both numbers, they might or might not be identical.
The solution depends on which numbers you have there.

EDIT: when in the project folder, please check if there is a www folder there (hopefully not) as this could also have been caused by a wrong deployment.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've posted this in Ace support, but your images indicate you're using MV.

When you play and your menus disappear, please hit F8 to open the developer tools, and go to the Console tab. If there are any error messages there, post a screenshot of them, so we can see what's going on.

As for the battle test, do you have battle plugins? Many of them will only work with a play test, and not a battle test, because they load the database differently, and a lot of battle plugins are only set up for loading the database the normal way. Do a test play (when you get that working), then go into a battle with the same troop. If it works, then the issue is due to a plugin, and you will not be able to do battle test from the troops tab while you have that plugin active.

BlackCatWorks

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoops, didn't realized I clicked on the wrong sub-forum. My apologies.

Sounds like either a failed or missing update on your project.
My numbers are identical both 1.6.2

You've posted this in Ace support, but your images indicate you're using MV.
I've posted my error report in the spoiler below.

Screenshot 2020-01-18 20.06.37.png

Thanks again both of you for your assistance.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to RPG Maker MV. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Alright, as a new mod let's see if I can figure how to move this thread lol.

As for the playtest error, perhaps if you can post a screenshot of the console error we could help more? If you don't know how to make the console appear, simply press F12 or F8 when the game is running.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you play and your menus disappear, please hit F8 to open the developer tools, and go to the Console tab.
Your screenshot is of the Elements tab, not the Console tab.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is the yanflyengine.js plugin that you've got there?

The Yanfly Core Engine should be called YEP_CoreEngine.js but I don't think that's the one you have, because line 928 of the core engine plugin is just getting the Actor MaxMP parameter.

So your issue #1 is that you haven't given the plugin the correct name.

I had a quick search for the error message, and a lot of posts are saying it's to do with something wrong with your battle formula. So I assume you're in a battle and this shows up when it's someone's turn to take their action. What action did you choose for that party member, and how do you have that skill set up?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) as shaz said, you need to keep the original name for plugins.
The filename becomes part of the plugins data structure, and that means 90% of all plugins will fail to function if they are renamed. There are ways to prevent that, but most plugin writer never bother with that extra code and just require the name to remain unchanged.

2) some of SRD's plugins are no longer compatible with 1.6.x because he left the community years ago before 1.6 was released. Additionally some of them also work on full computers only, not on mobiles.
This is nothing for now, but if we find no other cause for the problems you might want to test on a backup-copy if everything works after you downgrade the project to 1.5.2.

3) hint: please use [alt]-[prtscrn] instead of simple [prtscrn] for your screenshots, that makes them better readable by limiting them to the current window.

EDIT:

4) please state if you're talking about battletest from database or test battle by event in game playtest.
The database battletest takes shortcuts into the game and is known to have problems as soon as you have too many complex plugins. Of course a battle can't work correctly if the battleplugins need data from the playtest setup that is skipped in battletest, and if you do that please test if battles work correctly from a proper playtest.

BlackCatWorks

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As it turns out, I think I was running an old version of Yanfly, that or some weird knock off.

Removed the files from the game and everything is working again.

The issue is resolved, thank you for your help.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, since the issue is resolved...

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.
Got myself card game plugin, its bit laggy but worth it
Finally made battler stuff for my last character...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosephW