Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Capture copy.png
I never did stumble upon a game other than Recettear where the protagonist is a merchant, so I thinking of trying this one out.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is this? A game you are making? One you are playing?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What is this?
It's basically a crafting game with a shop-sequence where NPCs come into the player's shop to purchase the crafted items from the player

so I thinking of trying this one out.
it can be done (something similar, Fantasy Tavern, was originally programmed in RMXP but is no longer available on steam due to the original team of programmers having broken up, destroying the shared copyright licence).
But you will have to put in quite a bit of programming because the engine is missing several vital functions (like event to event interaction between customer event and display event about taking what is available for sale).

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Galenmereth was working on one called The Vendor but I don't think it was ever finished.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
are you talking about this one?
yes - or rather the original version before the remaster.
I got the title wrong in my post above, and the original pre-remaster is no longer in the steam shop, only in the libraries of those who purchased it previously.

The linked remaster-version was done by one developer and unfortunately it clearly shows that that developer is missing too much of the knowledge of the other people from the original team.
pre-remaster that game was good, but unfortunately when the owning team broke up the old version had to be removed from the steam shop, and then the person who made that remaster broke the original by trying to update it into the not really working remaster-version.

KimiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Chapter 3 of Dragon Quest 4 you get to play as Taloon the arms merchant View attachment 199050
He was my favorite when I was a kid.
Oh I didn't know that, might as well check it out later. Thanks.

What is this? A game you are making? One you are playing?
Currently making as Andar said..

It's basically a crafting game with a shop-sequence where NPCs come into the player's shop to purchase the crafted items from the player

it can be done (something similar, Fantasy Tavern, was originally programmed in RMXP but is no longer available on steam due to the original team of programmers having broken up, destroying the shared copyright licence).
But you will have to put in quite a bit of programming because the engine is missing several vital functions (like event to event interaction between customer event and display event about taking what is available for sale).
That's true like for example I found the event select item but no way to remove the item from party inventory so have to use script to remove the selected item. I am taking it nice and slow to prevent unwanted bug.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Funnily enough, I was just thinking of Recettear yesterday when I stumbled across this plugin: https://kdworkshop.net/plugins/pocket-events/ by Phoenix KageDesu. It allows you to put events from your inventory onto the map. I haven't tried the plugin myself, but with this it seems possible to put items for sale on counters like in Recettear.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Currently making as Andar said..

If you wish to discuss and show screenshots for a game you are making, the Games in Development forum is the place to post. Please read the pinned thread to see the requirements for posting in that area.

Closing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?
****ing muscle memory: does anyone else habitually quit out of test play when they notice something they """HAVE""" to fix, in spite of the fact that you can now edit DURING test play?

...thousands of times...

...every day?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gioitreyan